ADVERTISEMENT

********Official Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread********

What the hell was that? Unbelievable....

Just when I think I've seen Iowa lose every way possible, they find another way to drop a game...

What a joke

Iowa lost the game cause 2 guys can't win it, but that being said

but these REFS STUNK seriously really STUNK garbage refing all around

Now I understand why he doesn't call timeouts if that's all he can come up with

Way was that little twerp in-bounding the ball, Fran?? Why even in the game? Bad, bad move. He's too short to see over the defender!!

All players not named Jok or Uthoff were shooting 12% when I shut off the tv and left to do something more fun. (I have a dental appointment.) What a terrible display of basketball to end our BIG tournament run prematurely yet again this year. I despise the Illini more than any other team in the league and they kicked our a__ today.

Iowa lost the game cause 2 guys can't win it, but that being said

but these REFS STUNK seriously really STUNK garbage refing all around

Oh stop. We could have had 2 hawkeye fans ref and this team would have found a way to pass it down their legs.

As usual, Illinois thug tactics are rewarded! Jok got whacked in a mob-style hit!

Hell will freeze over before Iowa ever again hits a last-second shot to tie or win a game!

And drop another close game into the "L" column for Fran.

But don't worry fellas--it doesn't mean anything. He's gonna rip about 30 of 'em in a row in the "W" column any time now to even up his tally...

Well, I'd love to hear the excuses from Clemmons, Gesell, and Woodbury for playing the way they did today. They were pathetic. All really nice kids, intelligent in the classroom, and good citizens, but MAN they were pitiful in this game.

So what are we looking at, an 8 or 9 seed?
Please no!!! Maybe we'll slip to 10!! But why reward us?? Regardless, this team is broken. Doesn't matter unfortunately. I just hope however is the starting PG next year is good and that the commits don't change their mind on coming here...

Of all the potential outcomes I was pondering when we had the ball with 15 seconds left ... I'm not sure I even had "two quasi-turnovers and never get a shot off".

Reactions: NI hawk
3rd straight "1 and done" for the hawks at the B1G Tourney. Yikes.

Clemmons, Woodbury and Gesell a combined 2-20 from the field, 0-2 from ft line with 9 turnovers.

3 years in a row choked away Big 10 tourney opening game to a bad team.

Should be NIT bound. At this point.
That's stupid----however---if they based it only off of how a team played in only Feb and March---wouldn't even be in post-season play. Thank God for their better than usual non conference strength of schedule and great start to the Big 10.

I won't be so happy to see a player graduate as I will MG. Nice kid but not a gamer. Chokes every chance he can.

MG wants last shot, no ability.
Seniors Clemmons, Woody, Gesell did not improve. This is their legacy. Uthoff got saddled with 3 lame ass players.

All players not named Jok or Uthoff were shooting 12% when I shut off the tv and left to do something more fun. (I have a dental appointment.) What a terrible display of basketball to end our BIG tournament run prematurely yet again this year. I despise the Illini more than any other team in the league and they kicked our a__ today.

Too funny a dental appointment that's rich :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT