ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa at Iowa State game thread*****

From the other side here - don’t sweat this too much. A lot of pent up frustration from ISU being let out here. ISU is a grown man team and Iowa hasn’t been tested yet, they’ll be OK. But TJ a might be a keeper, I’ll say that. Iowa will win some games.
Iowa State is an average team that will get exposed by teams that can shoot the ball. They will be in huge foul trouble often.

Maybe we can get Iowa States players to transfer again. I want to see them. Lol
State has a couple of highly athletic senior guards. Iowa’s best guards (and players as a whole) are sophomores. Not to mention that this is likely the toughest environment that any of these younger guys have ever played in.

This sucks, and Iowa has a ton of areas that they need to improve. But the sky isn’t falling

A real AD would meet this team on its return to Iowa City and chew some real a**!

We’ve stood and watched them dunk a few times tonight. Not sure this team has heart and fire right now. Might be time to shake up the rotation Fran. Players aren’t confident right now.

Reactions: amahawk
5xbyeb.jpg

Reactions: Restoration4
time to take Keegan out…
down 20 under 4 minutes…

let someone else play now

From the other side here - don’t sweat this too much. A lot of pent up frustration from ISU being let out here. ISU is a grown man team and Iowa hasn’t been tested yet, they’ll be OK. But TJ a might be a keeper, I’ll say that. Iowa will win some games.
Nope, Iowa is bad. They have a few good players, but they can't rebound. At all.

He is Dr Tom equivalent now and we lost 4 starters. I'll give you one more chance to get it.
No, actually he’s not. Tom Davis took Iowa teams to the Elite 8 and Sweet 16.

This is a broken record, Chis. There’s nothing to get. Fran has been here over a decade. He had the NPOTY last year and still sucked in March and was not close to winning the conference.

If you’re too afraid to fire Fran because of the ghost of Tom Davis, we might as well end the basketball program now.

State has a couple of highly athletic senior guards. Iowa’s best guards (and players as a whole) are sophomores. Not to mention that this is likely the toughest environment that any of these younger guys have ever played in.

This sucks, and Iowa has a ton of areas that they need to improve. But the sky isn’t falling
I disagree. I thought this team could make the tourney but they can't. Teams will shut down Keegan and that's all it takes.

Not enough offensive productivity elsewhere combined with awful rebounding providing second chance points to opponents.

I think this year gets very ugly, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT