ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa at Iowa State game thread*****

5xbzqm.jpg

Meh. ISU 5th in big 12, Iowa 8th in B1G. Ready for football again.

Yeah, it's a rebuilding year. There are big problems, though. I don't even see them making the NIT.

I hope you're right.
Iowa’s got too many guys who can score against worse defenses not to win six or seven games in Big Ten play and make the NIT. Not every team will defend at the level of Purdue and ISU

Fran needs to do something about our rebounding situation in the offseason. This has been absolutely embarrassing. I’ve never seen opposing teams grab offensive boards at the clip Iowa’s opponents do

There were no Raveling boys on the last Sweet 16 team and 7 other NCAA tournament teams Davis coached. Try again.
I’m sure Fran could take Raveling’s best recruits and win at least 13 or maybe even 14 B1G games with them…

Tonight wasn't even Brockington's season high for points. He gave Iowa some fits when he played with Penn State too. All in all, ISU looks like they're gonna be a solid contender this season. Gotta give them credit. Not even sure what Vegas was thinking putting them as the underdogs on their home court. The Hawkeyes were just ice cold shooting tonight.

Reactions: amahawk
That was an absolutely pathetic performance by anyone not named Bohannon. Just flat out awful and embarrassing.

Change at the top is needed.

Change will not come. No determination to win. Too easy for the AD to fall back on "hey we won an NCAA tournament game last year"! I don't believe Iowa will ever turn anything around until both Fran and Barta are gone.

In other words, quite possibly never.

Iowa’s got too many guys who can score against worse defenses not to win six or seven games in Big Ten play and make the NIT. Not every team will defend at the level of Purdue and ISU

Fran needs to do something about our rebounding situation in the offseason. This has been absolutely embarrassing. I’ve never seen opposing teams grab offensive boards at the clip Iowa’s opponents do
They don't teach boxing out. Fran apparently doesn't believe in it.

Iowa doesn't do it.

Most of the time everyone turns and tries to take off down court.

Fran has had 12 offseasons....still can't solve defense and rebounding

Iowas inability to rebound is impossible to ignore, even for Fran
As far as I understand it, the way he teaches rebounding is just go get the ball.

That obviously doesn't work.

And even that should be working significantly better than this.

Fran has had 12 offseasons....still can't solve defense and rebounding
The defense was fine tonight aside from a couple of individual efforts… at least until the game was essentially over and the team mailed it in

And if we could grab a defensive rebound it would help things drastically

He may notice it, but I have ZERO faith that it will change
Great, then we lose a lot of games and finish where we were projected. With this team being pretty much an entirely new dynamic from last year, Fran understands our holes and has an off-season to figure it out

From the other side here - don’t sweat this too much. A lot of pent up frustration from ISU being let out here. ISU is a grown man team and Iowa hasn’t been tested yet, they’ll be OK. But TJ a might be a keeper, I’ll say that. Iowa will win some games.
Have your coach call our coach and tell our coach that the portal is NOT a bad thing!! I know he just saw it on the court, but he will probably need more persuading.

Reactions: CycloneState1028

We have a shot at the NIT? Wow, good job Fran.

We have a shot at the NIT? Wow, good job Fran.
If you have to replace four starters and make the NIT, it could be worse. Once again, our best players are all sophomores. Just zero perspective at all

I’m a lifelong Minnesota Timberwolves fan who has suffered through a lot worse than what we’ve seen with Fran. If you don’t like it, don’t watch

Is Win5002 an iswho fan?
I'm a fan of both schools. I don't say that to incite Iowa fans its because I want the Hawks to win and Iowa should have changed coaches early on. Even McCaffrey's good years they always slide at the end of the season.

He had to rush out and do a meet and greet at the Uni-Mart. NIL baby. That's why he came back.
Any idea of what he or anyone else is getting NIL wise? just curious. I haven't heard much about in state athletes and what they have got.

Nothing. JBo, PMac, and Joe T all need benched. And Connor should see the same minutes Austin Ash gets.

I said at the beginning of the season the lineup should be: Ulis, Perkins, Murray, Murray, Rebraca. Unfortunately, Fran has “his guys” and the hero ball you see JBo continue to play shows there is no discipline or accountability on this team. None.
No more Rebraca, he doesn't add anything. All he does is camp in the lane all offensive possession and kill our spacing. Not that any Fran coached team will have great spacing, but Rebraca makes it worse.

I don’t follow the Big 12 (assume Kansas & Baylor will be good), but how do u think isu will do in conference games? Or, have the clones blown their wad already?
Honestly, we are continuing to be surprised by successes. Thought 10 wins preseason would be an accomplishment. I honestly think we’ll be really hard to beat at home. If we go 9-9 in league we are a 6-7 seed at this point which is hard to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT