ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa at Iowa State game thread*****

Coldest shooting I've seen in a long time. Can't help things much that Hilton Coliseum is literally on fire right now too.

I guess I don’t understand what PMac brings to the table. He doesn’t rebound, wild drives and throws up bad shots, and isn’t good on defense. What am I missing?

PMAC is a player without a position. He's 6'9 and too slow to keep up with opposing 3's on defense. He likes to go for shot blocks but gets out of position so no rebounding. Hes' soft and doesn't care to mix it up inside, so he can't play the 4 either. Jury is out on his 3pt shooting.

I would say PMAC can score and he has a place in the top8 as part time player. He is not the star he was made out to be. I think being a coach's kid, he was big on AAU circuit. Both CMAC and PMAC got rated as higher prospects than their talent levels. Fran quit recruiting PGs for a couple years before CMAC arrived--that is why we go stuck with Ellingson as a backup PG one year. CMAC was supposed to be a great PG and also major league baseball player if you read these boards. Turned out he couldn't shoot in basketball and he can't hit in baseball.

I can see the desire to play your own kids, but a coach has to still play guys based on merit or it breeds discontent from those passed over.

Yay. Still getting out rebounded. Complete lack of effort.

This is the biggest loss Iowa has had to ISU.

Be proud of your accomplishment Fran and Co.

I disagree. I thought this team could make the tourney but they can't. Teams will shut down Keegan and that's all it takes.

Not enough offensive productivity elsewhere combined with awful rebounding providing second chance points to opponents.

I think this year gets very ugly, unfortunately.
NIT. Like I predicted before the season. In a rebuilding year where we had to replace four starters and the fifth switched positions, it’s really not the end of the world

Even with most of our "best" lineup with both Murrays, PMAC and Perkins---still a chit show. Murrays both had bad games, but you also have to give ISU defense a lot of credit.

So ISU was about last place last year and a coach comes in and turns program around in 1 year? KInd of takes awy the Legend of Fran taking a lickliter lefotovers and winning 4 games one year and then getting to NIT in 2nd year.

NIT. Like I predicted before the season. In a rebuilding year where we had to replace four starters and the fifth switched positions, it’s really not the end of the world
Yeah, it's a rebuilding year. There are big problems, though. I don't even see them making the NIT.

I hope you're right.

Reactions: amahawk
From the other side here - don’t sweat this too much. A lot of pent up frustration from ISU being let out here. ISU is a grown man team and Iowa hasn’t been tested yet, they’ll be OK. But TJ a might be a keeper, I’ll say that. Iowa will win some games.
Lol, be a nice guy. Give us your coach!
Future looks bright for you guys.
Congrats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT