ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official Iowa UAB Thread ****

Hawks relying on 3 waaayyyyy too much. When they were going inside early, they jumped to the lead.

The Hawkeyes turned on the offensive burners to closeout the 1st half up 49-37. Go Hawks.

57%shooting by Iowa....UAB 47%. Defense still suspect but I guess we were due on offensive side.

I don't think you can say we have turned the corner

Iowa leads 49-37 at the half. Just looked at the play-by-play... The score was 33-27 and Bohannon scored 14 of Iowa's last 22 points

As bad as the back line of our zone is, the zone much more effective for this Hawks team.

Probably no coincidence that we go on that run around the same time we switch up the D and stop allowing uncontested bunnies.

49-37 Hawks going in to halftime.

Bohannon with 16 points. Almost all in a matter of like 3 minutes
Did you see how the UAB defense started stepping out on him? It opened up the rest of the offense. Gave them room to operate a little. Like Jok did last season. A lot of people underestimate what a player like Jok does to opposing defenses. It also allowed Bohannon to take his guy off the dribble because he was too worried about Bohannon hitting that deep 3.

I see we are 18-3 in FT attempts. For anyone watching, is this legit or are we getting some breaks here?

We started 3 sophomores and 2 freshman, going to be a long season of growth. Baer looks like the only upper classman that is going to get any meaningful minutes this season.

Iowa leads 49-37 at the half. Just looked at the play-by-play... The score was 33-27 and Bohannon scored 14 of Iowa's last 22 points
I watched all of the last 2 games, but didn't watch today's first half. Instead, I followed the game through here and then checked the box score and stuff at half. Going forward, this is what I'm going to be doing until we lose, so you're welcome in advance... We aren't losing another game this season. 38-2 National Champion Iowa Hawkeyes

Turned on the radio when it was 21 - 21. Turned it off when we were down 9. So, when I wasn't listening, the Hawks outscored them by 21 points. So, obviously, me not listening to the game is the key to Iowa success.

I'll check back in April to see how things ended up this season. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT