ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Iowa vs North Texas Game Thread ***

We're relegated to blaming the refs in a game where the HAWKEYES continue to play down to the level of the competition .
This is a VERY average team.

Average for B1G? Probably below average, which means we are not playing down to competition but rather playing to our abilities.

Reactions: MitchL
That was one of the strangest halves of football I've ever seen.

That being said, Iowa definitely looking ahead and behind apparently. And yes, this is why I didn't dance on Nebraska's grave...what goes around comes around and we still gotta football game to play.

Refs gifted two back to back penalties that put them in great field position. They wouldn't have got 7 points, don't blame the Iowa D or coaches for those two plays blame the ref's.

They might be blamed for not holding them to FG. Zero pressure on backup QB and he only had to find a guy in 1 and 1 coverage because LBs were not covering anyone.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
There are a couple points...

1. Refs took 7 and aided in 7 so that's 14 pts

2. Our OL is way too soft. Get some guys that are nasty in there instead of 'technique' guys

3. DL too slow

4. Play nickel and dime... no more slow LBs in coverage

5. Pray that Wadley is ok... Butler is solid but no Wadley

We were laughing at Nebraska and tonite, win or lose, America might be laughing at Iowa.
What a pathetic effort from the entire team.
If that happens, we would've lost to something truly frightening while they lost to dogs that pull sleds. They would be laughed at more.

Gotta start putting some pressure on that QB, they are going to throw flags anyway regardless of circumstance so see if you can get down to their 3rd string guy

If Iowa doesn't wake the f*** up, then yes, we are about to lose to this terrible football team and be the laughing stock of cfb.
I think anyone who watched the game will know it was north Texas and the zebras that stole the game

Gotta start putting some pressure on that QB, they are going to throw flags anyway regardless of circumstance so see if you can get down to their 3rd string guy
Amen ... We've had 0 pressure on either QB ... I don't get it ... Any "average" QB can be successful when he has 5 seconds to find someone to dump the ball off to ..

I still feel like we can sleepwalk to victory. Problem appears to be that it's not just me who feels that way.

Will this be KF's worst loss?

Or W Mich? N IL?

Ugh that WMU team was better than this North Texas team.

That Northern Illinois team would blow out this North Texas team. That tam had Jordan Lynch and Jimmy Ward.

This compares to the loss to Central Michigan, but that Iowa team was 4-8 so...

Let's Just end football.... can't hit the qb, can't be enthusiastic when scoring, then the dude threw a flag on a great hit and had to be talked out of it.

Reactions: td77 and like-woahh
80% of all issues is the LOS. If we just control the lines- getting pressure, and simple pass protect this would not be much of a game EVEN with the refs. UNT is not doing anything special, we just are not doing the simple basic things.

I hope I can stop hearing this garbage of the Hawks have one of the best o-lines in college football. We are getting pushed all over the field. Absolute crap effort!

In what way does this game really matter? It's a tuneup preseason game to setup tendencies. Let's not forget that...

There are a couple points...

1. Refs took 7 and aided in 7 so that's 14 pts

2. Our OL is way too soft. Get some guys that are nasty in there instead of 'technique' guys

3. DL too slow

4. Play nickel and dime... no more slow LBs in coverage

5. Pray that Wadley is ok... Butler is solid but no Wadley

After 15 years... you'd think adjustments would have been made by now. Nope...we do what we do.

And for god sakes, somebody coach Stanley to just tuck the damn ball and go down when you're in trouble. In that sense...he still looks like the week 1 QB we saw with the deer-in-the-headlights look.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT