ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Michigan State at #8 IOWA Game Thread*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
MSU (8-6, 2-6) is tied for 11th place in the B1G.

They were preseason #13 in the country and got to as high as #4 (when they were 6-0).

The last time Michigan State missed the NCAA Tournament under Tom Izzo was 1997 (24 years ago), which was his 2nd year as head coach.

Luka is 18 points from the 2,000 point club.

Expect a rout in this one. Iowa 80, MSU 59.

Last edited:
Luka is #2 on Iowa's all time scoring list.

JBo is #18.

Joe is rapidly gaining on #25 (@PHawkKenyon)

And, for just the 5th time in program history, there are three 1,000 point scorers on the team.

EtOvZhwXMAUFaBT

Does anyone but me foresee Michigan St. playing their best game of the year tonight? Guys coming off the bench to pour in three pointers from all over the court? Izzo smiling smugly from the bench?

yes

our defense makes a lot of players look good

line really swinging to MSU, down Iowa -9

yes

our defense makes a lot of players look good

line really swinging to MSU, down Iowa -9
Well, Trent Frazier did this last week, why not tonight? Although Sparty doesn't have even close to the level of athletes as Illinois. That's the ol Tom Davis syndrome, some 12th man, averaging 2.5ppg over their career pours in 8 3's against us only to go back to their season average next game...book it.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Some obscure St. player will come off the bench and hit 6-9 from 3, including the game winner on a wide open look from the corner, which of course we failed to defend . 😉

Last edited:
I thought this game was supposed to be at their place.... didn’t they have a covid postponement when they were supposed to play at Carver? Did the BIG actually do the right thing and move this game to our place?? Apologies if this is a dumb question... wouldn’t be my first time 😎

I thought this game was supposed to be at their place.... didn’t they have a covid postponement when they were supposed to play at Carver? Did the BIG actually do the right thing and move this game to our place?? Apologies if this is a dumb question... wouldn’t be my first time 😎

This is the makeup game that was to be played at Carver. We play at MSU on 2/13.

Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT