ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Northwestern @ IOWA Game Thread*****

I was afraid of this. I wondered early this year how far he would drop with a Zero interception year and relatively few pass break-ups. He'll still go early second round.
But he could be drawing a paycheck right now instead of going through the motions on a team that will likely be finished playing by November. And pro sports are not like most professions where your earning power is greatest at the end of your career, rather than the beginning.

I feel sorry for the young man. Turns out he made a poor decision.

But he could be drawing a paycheck right now instead of going through the motions on a team that will likely be finished playing by November. And pro sports are not like most professions where your earning power is greatest at the end of your career, rather than the beginning.

Don't feel too sorry for him.

Getting your degree is never the wrong decision, in my opinion.

Agree with the hope that this year doesn't cost King. He's trying to do everything as one of two good players on the defensive side of the ball.
Have to think nfl talent evaluators will factor that in.

King has to be wondering why he's not playing tomorrow. Hats off to him for getting his degree, but what a disappointing senior season for him. And I now have little doubt that it's only going to get worse.

I must say I was wrong. Thought NDSU was more of an off day than an indication of how bad this team is. Sadly, it's just been more of the same. I think we're looking at a .500 season -- 7-5 at best.

The national media will have a good time labeling Iowa one of the season's biggest disappointments. 12-0 to flat-out ugly. . . and still not all that tough of a schedule.

King will be fine. As long as he doesn't get hurt he's still going to be a top 10 pick next year. NFL scouts aren't stupid.

If you don't see a pattern with Ferentz and contract extensions and crappy play, you are not paying attention.

Speaking of Paying..... Kirk sure is a rich SOB! Wish he would have spread that wealth to those receivers today and tried a little more to take advantage of the worst defensive back field in the big ten.. I guess they didn't pay him enough to try to take advantage of the opposing teams glaring weakness!

Getting your degree is never the wrong decision, in my opinion.
I agree. Not a poor decision by Dez at all. Just unfortunate that his team is stinking up the field. A very mature decision by him. The merit and wisdom of his decision don't rely on the outcome of this season.

Reactions: mstp1992
King will be fine. As long as he doesn't get hurt he's still going to be a top 10 pick next year. NFL scouts aren't stupid.
I think his draft stock will drop some -- hard to imagine it wouldn't after last year, which won't be matched individually or in terms of team performance, by a long shot -- but I agree he'll do fine overall. My point was that he probably wishes he'd gone pro instead of going through this lackluster season his team is putting together. Still proud of him for returning, though.

I believe it is time to see King on offense for a few plays. Teams continue to throw away from King, so lets punish them with King on offense. Of course it is not like Iowa needs a play maker on offense, right?

There
This team and staff doesn't have it this year. Pathetic effort today.
There is a pattern, it's been on display the past 3 games. We make minimal changes and get out coached. How is it that KF is THE OL coach of college fball and we SUCK this bad?!

UM, Wiscy, Minny will put 40+ on us.

I just wonder how much the refs got paid to throw the game.....2-3 million each? Cj should have ran for the first down but iowa wins this game if was called fair. I hope the big ten watches this game and fines them how much they got paid to throw the game. And suspended rest of the season or banned for life.

It's hard to win when your playing a desperate team and fitz knows he has the refs in his pocket i don't blame Iowa but mabin played bad thats it. King slipped for a TD, Mccarron runs straight that's a TD which turned into a face mask that wasn't called that almost took CJ head off. That NW TD was a joke they even reviewed it to prove to me that yes they were paid also on the CJ face mask the Dl had our offensive linemans facemask. just a joke that turned out to not be funny I wish a bottle would have knocked one of those refs out. College football is huge money if you don't think some games are fixed then your dilusional

26FPy3QZQqGtDcrja.gif

Reactions: amahawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT