ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

lmao, get over yourself. The government doesn't own you because you enlisted ****head, don't you have some boots you need to suck one somewhere
They own him for x many years due to the agreement he made when he signed on at a service academy . I think you can transfer within the first two years however you have to pay back the military for the education. I don’t know what happened after four years, if you could get out of that if you agree to pay back the education or if you’re committed to serve.

But you’re just not walking away,

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
Actually, the government does own you.
Having gone to medical school on HPSP scholarship, they did decide where I would serve and whether or not I could do a residency. This applies to the academies also, I had many friends in the Army who were West Point grads. If you were high in your class and it would benefit the service, you could go to graduate school o r professional school.
Like my brother in law, he did well in school, became an aviator, went to Top Gun, then they allowed him to go to grad school.

This certainly sounds like good news for the Hawks! Willie doesn’t seem to bitch and moan when PSU benefits
I find it odd that PSU took Messinbrink from Cal Baptist, Truax from Cal Poly, and Nagao from Minnesota in one offseason, and barely anyone had a problem with it. But, if Iowa is even in the conversation for a big transfer, wrestling twitter goes nuclear.

Mineo says Iowa. Take that for it is worth.
My inside info predicted this before those clowns! Lol
All kidding aside, I think this is a great move for all parties. This is the type of action that is needed by TnT, lets hope for the best. For what its worth Im a big fan of Aleriz and coach Nickerson so hopefully this works out!

Well wouldn’t that be a nice pickup, probably end up in Stillwater. Hwc would get a major boost from a non homegrown hawk. Let’s go TnT, someone drive out there and get to recruiting

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
This portal stuff really sucks for the smaller programs that finally can feel good about an accomplishment. I feel bad for NCO.
I think after this year, I will be done following college wrestling. And I have been a life long fan. I wonder if others feel the same way. I have to think that with viewership dropping, I am not alone.

This portal stuff really sucks for the smaller programs that finally can feel good about an accomplishment. I feel bad for NCO.
I think after this year, I will be done following college wrestling. And I have been a life long fan. I wonder if others feel the same way. I have to think that with viewership dropping, I am not alone.
No, just take it in stride!!

You have your developmental programs that get guys who stay close to home, or develop late that end up going to a blue blood. It does suck for those programs but I respect the heck out of those coaches who can succeed there

I find it odd that PSU took Messinbrink from Cal Baptist, Truax from Cal Poly, and Nagao from Minnesota in one offseason, and barely anyone had a problem with it. But, if Iowa is even in the conversation for a big transfer, wrestling twitter goes nuclear.
If you recall there was a lot of talk about Truax and Nagao so I'd say you're wrong on that one. I think in regard to MM he committed a little early before he became a hot commodity and then transferred. He was more the "traditional" type the way I'm seeing it while Nagao and Truax were portal types. However Truax was a fifth year grad transfer if I'm not mistaken.

I don't follow a lot of these online pundits, I can look into things and pund myself so what makes people think this guy has inaccurate takers?
Just off the top of my head he’s gotten Figs to PSU wrong, Kem out for year wrong, Nagao to Iowa wrong, AJ in January wrong, and countless other “reports” wrong that I don’t care enough to remember

My inside info predicted this before those clowns! Lol
All kidding aside, I think this is a great move for all parties. This is the type of action that is needed by TnT, lets hope for the best. For what its worth Im a big fan of Aleriz and coach Nickerson so hopefully this works out!
All parties? Not sure Nickerson and co. are super jazzed, lol.

FWIW, I'll root for him if he actually ends up at Iowa, but all the constant transferring does hurt my enjoyment of the sport. It's definitely the free market approach, but as a fan, I preferred the old way where transfers were far less common and you built fan relationships with wrestlers over four and five years. I understand we're not in that time any longer, and this is necessary to compete, but doesn't mean I have to like it!

Love seeing the whining and tears from the familiar crowd on X/Twitter.

I don't know who needs to hear this but,

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Just off the top of my head he’s gotten Figs to PSU wrong, Kem out for year wrong, Nagao to Iowa wrong, AJ in January wrong, and countless other “reports” wrong that I don’t care enough to remember
Geez, I think he's the goof I was trying to explain redshirting to on Facebook. Guys my age, 60, saw the beginning of redshirting. In fact some think a Pa. high school, Mt. Carmel High School, was an early proponent of redshirting and back then it was looked down upon. He couldn't seem to grasp why seem people ask about young men like Bassett and his grade vs age.

I remember my dad thought it was a bad thing, it's common now, but not everyone was behind it then. When I started kindergarten if you turned 5 by the end of the next January ( of the school year that started in September) you would go into kindergarten at age 4. Just different times, but my point was us older folk weren't necessarily raised or went to school with redshirting.

My take is he's a ratchet head. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Hawkgma
If you recall there was a lot of talk about Truax and Nagao so I'd say you're wrong on that one. I think in regard to MM he committed a little early before he became a hot commodity and then transferred. He was more the "traditional" type the way I'm seeing it while Nagao and Truax were portal types. However Truax was a fifth year grad transfer if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, Nagao and Truax caused a stir, especially with the reports of big offers for both from Iowa that they both rejected (who knows if true, but that was the word on the street at the time anyway), but Mesenbrink was completely under the radar, except for one or two guys on the PSU board who were on it immediately and said he was going to be the best of the three by far. The twitter buzz was almost exclusively around Nagao and Truax, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT