ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

It would also be a great move for the HWC, a young 65 kg stud. I’m all for giving him a nice contract.
PAY THE MAN. 57kg and 65kg studs for at least through next cycle in regards to Spencer. Get some momentum in HWC, help bring recruits in. Wouldn’t mind seeing Cox as a coach at HWC too with his retirement and being Gabe’s cousin. Not sure of any likelihood but see it as a positive

The reality, of course, is that with Alirez unlikely to move, Parco/Teemer could go anywhere, and AJ more likely to be incarcerated than wrestling, it's much more likely Iowa gets shut out next year than wins against PSU.
I'll take a bet on being shut out!!!

I dunno…it’s a lot of $$ being talked about that wasn’t in play when he made his first decision.
Maybe......Still, wasn't he the one that had like 20 family members lined up just off the platform after he won NCAA's? He may very well be old enough to finally be willing to leave the nest. I just didn't think the money to make it happen is realistic....

Maybe......Still, wasn't he the one that had like 20 family members lined up just off the platform after he won NCAA's? He may very well be old enough to finally be willing to leave the nest. I just didn't think the money to make it happen is realistic....
A giant bag of cash is the only reason he'd leave, so it'd have to be a giant bag. Other guys (e.g. Woods/Franek at Iowa or Truax/Dean at PSU) leave to increase their chances of winning by getting into a better program. Alirez already won where he is, so there is no motivation in that regard. Who knows? I agree that sort of money seems ludicrous, but we'll see. I'd be shocked if he moves.

A giant bag of cash is the only reason he'd leave, so it'd have to be a giant bag. Other guys (e.g. Woods/Franek at Iowa or Truax/Dean at PSU) leave to increase their chances of winning by getting into a better program. Alirez already won where he is, so there is no motivation in that regard. Who knows? I agree that sort of money seems ludicrous, but we'll see. I'd be shocked if he moves.
I would hope if Iowa is offering that amount of money, it is with an agreement at minimum he will spend a cycle in the HWC.

I remember my first
ARNOLD will be wrestling for a title if no issues with injury! Kueter will be better then 8th IF he wrestles?
Put AJ at 197, and we take out F*** st.!!!!
Frank The Tank I Remember My First Beer GIF by FirstAndMonday

Sorry man, I just find it really odd a psu fan spends so much time. here.
Are you here to defend and answer all questions about psu?
There could be a thread or multiple threads on your wrestling forum about Iowa wrestling, but I would never know, because I don't go there. I stick to the Iowa wrestling forum, because I'm an Iowa wrestling fan.
It’s free entertainment

By chance, we sat next to his family at Senior Nationals in Ft Worth. I think there was at least 8 of them in town for that. Very friendly and talked with us quite a bit. He dominated that day and was OW. Would be surprised but not shocked if he transfers.

ARNOLD will be wrestling for a title if no issues with injury! Kueter will be better then 8th IF he wrestles?
Put AJ at 197, and we take out F*** st.!!!!
We are still sorely lacking at 133 and 141, unless Block can make the cut and be effective that thin. I would like to see a quality 125 with 2 years come in, so Drake can bump up to 133. We do not need more middle weights as bad as we need light weights, especially with Anthony Ferrari finally on the team at 157/149. Would rather spend the money on lower weights, but so far hasn’t been much to choose from. Why spend a bunch of money on 149-165 if it not enough improvement over the guys we have at those weights to catch PSU , or even improve where we finish by only 1-2 spots.

We are still sorely lacking at 133 and 141, unless Block can make the cut and be effective that thin. I would like to see a quality 125 with 2 years come in, so Drake can bump up to 133. We do not need more middle weights as bad as we need light weights, especially with Anthony Ferrari finally on the team at 157/149. Would rather spend the money on lower weights, but so far hasn’t been much to choose from. Why spend a bunch of money on 149-165 if it not enough improvement over the guys we have at those weights to catch PSU , or even improve where we finish by only 1-2 spots.
I was talking about the(dream) line up that was posted with AJ added in.
Looks more like a first dose.
I am beginning to think most of you are on doses!!!

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
I think you are over valuing Anthony F.

I was talking about the(dream) line up that was posted with AJ added in.

I am beginning to think most of you are on doses!!!
Right? And I’m beginning to think many of you here experience character flaws.

Edit: But I ain’t naming names, so, relax. Drawing attention to oneself in this post could lead to conclusions being drawn.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: IRONBIRD
While you are right that Iowa needs lightweights more than middleweights, it's not because of Fredo. Even if he's wrestling and not in prison, he stinks.

Reactions: el dub
Alirez did not get where he wanted at the trials, maybe a new place to train he be thinking would help moving forward.
One of Spencer main training partners is Lugo, Im sure both Spencer and Alirez would benefit from each other. Just my two and one half cents. Oh and maybe some Dinero’s also.
He officially has 4 years to train for the next Olympic cycle, so there is no rush. While getting him into HWC would be a much-needed boon for the RTC, I doubt he's going to leave where he's at this year. After his collegiate career is over, he'll need to find an RTC to get ready for the next Olympics. With Lee and Retherford both at NLWC, he'll probably be looking for somewhere other than there.

He officially has 4 years to train for the next Olympic cycle, so there is no rush. While getting him into HWC would be a much-needed boon for the RTC, I doubt he's going to leave where he's at this year. After his collegiate career is over, he'll need to find an RTC to get ready for the next Olympics. With Lee and Retherford both at NLWC, he'll probably be looking for somewhere other than there.
Or he could be a Hawkeye for a year first then start working for 2028 with a few extra sheckles in his pocket.

Unlikely that Retherford will hang around for one more cycle, he had to be talked out of retirement this past fall. I think he is done after the Olympics this summer and will move on with a professional career.

Or he could be a Hawkeye for a year first then start working for 2028 with a few extra sheckles in his pocket.
Alirez is deeply rooted in Greeley. He has a youth club and his family owns an MMA gym and his Dad is still his primary coach. It would take something monumental for him to leave.

Alirez did not get where he wanted at the trials, maybe a new place to train he be thinking would help moving forward.
One of Spencer main training partners is Lugo, Im sure both Spencer and Alirez would benefit from each other. Just my two and one half cents. Oh and maybe some Dinero’s also.
I thought Lugo moved back to Florida?

While you are right that Iowa needs lightweights more than middleweights, it's not because of Fredo. Even if he's wrestling and not in prison, he stinks.
Wow, that’s a bold statement about someone who I think was at least in 20’s pfp in high school, if very rusty, and hasn’t wrestled a minute in a college room yet. I think he would be better at 157, he was shredded at 149, but unless Parco comes, we have no serious AA threats that he couldn’t beat out.

I remember the day an offer to wrestle for the Hawks was something monumental in and of itself.
Not that I completely disagree with the premise of your statement but I remember when the New York Yankees used to win a World Series every other year. How do you think Oklahoma State feels about their program and their history. Times change we are still consistently one of the best teams around, but as I have said many many times improvements are needed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT