ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

You can have Messenbrink. We don't want him.

giphy.gif

What facts? I wasn't trying to insinuate ISU was better at the heavy weights but please show me where Iowa is better than most schools at the heavy weights.

Here are the #s per weight for Iowa since wrestling was invented in 2010. These are just placement points at NCAAs:

125: 136
133: 117
141: 57
149: 63
157: 74
165: 21 (ouch)
174: 79
184: 38
197: 55
H: 57

Iowa State's best weight by far during that time period is 197 with 67. Their Heavys got 26.

Here are the #s per weight for Iowa since wrestling was invented in 2010. These are just placement points at NCAAs:

Iowa State's best weight by far during that time period is 197 with 67. Their Heavys got 26.
Great information! It would be awesome to see this breakdown with all the teams. Did you find this somewhere or do the work??

Great information! It would be awesome to see this breakdown with all the teams.

@Cali_Nittany

For the sake of the board, please do not post any of PSU's numbers(except for 125)...

*good stuff, btw*

Nelson can go toe to toe with anybody. He showed that the year he took 5th. He was set for a title run the year they banned him.
If he’s anything like his dad, he’s got a fire in him ready to go.
but if it makes you happy, I’ll give him the Iowa March regression points and predict 3rd for him.
Even tho I stil think he gives keck a match
Please say off the drugs. He’s not beating keck. Take that to the bank.

why is everyone saying he'll be 184?

is there some sort of information that this is coming from or is it b/c you guys hope that to be the case?

sincere question b/c i don't understand.

you're either saying

1) Nelson was trolling on FRL
2) The staff will talk to him and explain 184 is best for the team, and he'll oblige
3) he'll get beat out at 174

so what is it?

Reactions: TarpHawk
why is everyone saying he'll be 184?

is there some sort of information that this is coming from or is it b/c you guys hope that to be the case?

sincere question b/c i don't understand.

you're either saying

1) Nelson was trolling on FRL
2) The staff will talk to him and explain 184 is best for the team, and he'll oblige
3) he'll get beat out at 174

so what is it?

Reactions: Hawkeye in DFW
Again, where are the facts….. don’t just tell us, show us. You talk blah blah blah… All these accusations yet you never have the proof. You must be a Biden supporter.
Kind of hard to show a deaf, dumb, and blind women!

NEVER call me a POS supporter again!
Ironturd a Biden supporter? That's a laugh. He's the king of the felony convict's cult. Rants on just like the Sexual Abuser himself.
^^^ couldn't be much dumber if he tried!!! What is AMAZING is how you could be such a loser to witness what has taken place and STILL not man up!!!

You’re faulting their abundance of talent?
NOT faulting anything NitWit!!! I am EXPLAINING it VERY clearly!!! Take ALL the TOP recruits(lets just use top 10) and do the MATH!!!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
yea say F*** state so i can make you look like a total fool with FACTS!!! Many MANY more TOP recruits have FAILED under the great krailure then have succeeded! Why do you thing they had 4 transfers in the line up this year alone.

AND get this!!!! that is with having the very best recruits by far already in the room! Honestly, a monkey could coach better but most don't want to hear what is REALLY taking place over there!!!
I personally don’t think any Iowa fan should be pointing to any other coach and be talking about lack of development. Outside of Spencer, who was going to win anywhere he went, talk to me about Iowa’s great success developing talent and not taking in transfers?

^^^ couldn't be much dumber if he tried!!! What is AMAZING is how you could be such a loser to witness what has taken place and STILL not man up!!!

NOT faulting anything NitWit!!! I am EXPLAINING it VERY clearly!!! Take ALL the TOP recruits(let’s just use top 10) and do the MATH!!!
The STUDS who left PSU weren’t good enough to make the starting lineup. How dense can you be? Top talent is lining up for the CHANCE to wrestle for PSU knowing there are no guarantees. Moran.

The STUDS who left PSU weren’t good enough to make the starting lineup. How dense can you be? Top talent is lining up for the CHANCE to wrestle for PSU knowing there are no guarantees. Moran.
But... hey... he uses ALL CAPS! That makes all of his nitwit drivel right! 😂

I personally don’t think any Iowa fan should be pointing to any other coach and be talking about lack of development. Outside of Spencer, who was going to win anywhere he went, talk to me about Iowa’s great success developing talent and not taking in transfers?
IOWA beat them TWOOOOO times with 1/5 the recruited talent!!! FACT!!! Now I will say, time for TNT to get their heads outa their asses and find a way to get to at least 1/2. WHEN they do that, it would be NO contest as THE HAWKS would smoke em ever year easily!!!!
You are somewhat remarkable in you inability to even understand simple stuff!!!! WHO!!!!! WHO said ANYTHING about transfers!?!?!?!?! ALL recruits over the great krailures time!!!

DO THE MATH DUMMY!!!!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
IOWA beat them TWOOOOO times with 1/5 the recruited talent!!! FACT!!! Now I will say, time for TNT to get their heads outa their asses and find a way to get to at least 1/2. WHEN they do that, it would be NO contest as THE HAWKS would smoke em ever year easily!!!!

You are somewhat remarkable in you inability to even understand simple stuff!!!! WHO!!!!! WHO said ANYTHING about transfers!?!?!?!?! ALL recruits over the great krailures time!!!

DO THE MATH DUMMY!!!!
"Who said anything about transfers?" Well nitwit, you did in your post #2054. Come on turd... at least know what you're talking about so you don't look quite as stupid..

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Just food for thought here. Outside of their first match, Arnold didn't have a ton for Naak either.

I follow Linn-mar wrestling and pretty sure they wrestled 4 times their senior year (Donnybrook, the City High/Linn-Mar dual, MVC Conference tournament, and the state finals match). Going by memory, Naak lost all 4, the scores were 8-3, 3-1, 3-2 after Tie Breaker 1, and finally 2-1 after Tie Breaker 1. You could say that Naak didn't have much for Gabe as I don't believe he ever scored a takedown on Gabe (he got really deep several times but couldn't finish it). At the same time, setting aside the first match I think Gabe only got 1 takedown on Naak in the last 3 matches (during the dual I think). In those last 3 matches Gabe's other points came from escapes and I think he got 1 reversal in a tie-breaker overtime. Tate got a bit over-zealous on a mat return and it cost him the reversal. Gabe wasn't exactly generating a ton of offense either.
I hope they wrestle each other this year in the dual. Will be a chance to see the coaching staffs ability to coach.

Reactions: Vic Vaselino
I think Willie did a break down of where our recruits were ranked versus how they did in college over the last several years, and most of them over preformed. So it appeared Brands is doing a better job developing guys than we thought. His big short coming has been reeling in blue chip recruits every year.

NOT faulting anything NitWit!!! I am EXPLAINING it VERY clearly!!! Take ALL the TOP recruits(lets just use top 10) and do the MATH!!!
deaf, dumb, and blind women!

Sure plays a mean pinball

deaf, dumb, and blind women!

Sure plays a mean pinball
Right?

Pay no attention to the results of the past decade. Just look at all the talent that has transferred out of PSU after realizing they were going to be riding the pine. Karl is such a looser.

Yes. You clearly ARE the great ‘splainer.

• Haha
Reactions: sabula
I think Willie did a break down of where our recruits were ranked versus how they did in college over the last several years, and most of them over preformed. So it appeared Brands is doing a better job developing guys than we thought. His big short coming has been reeling in blue chip recruits every year.
I think brands does a good job of developing AA talent. where he falls short imo is getting guys to the top. combination of lack of offense and scrambling with poor match preparation.

"Who said anything about transfers?" Well nitwit, you did in your post #2054

Fact checking @IRONBIRD for consistency - the epitome of having too much time on one's hands.

know what you're talking about so you don't look quite as stupid

Retroactively trying to convince @IRONBIRD to look less stupid - the epitome of futility.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: el dub and sabula
Fact checking @IRONBIRD for consistency - the epitome of having too much time on one's hands.

Retroactively trying to convince @IRONBIRD to look less stupid - the epitome of futility.
Worrying about other people having too much time on their hands, the epitome of having too much time on your hands 👍

So, he develops some levels of talent but not others?

Recruiting potential champs is a thing.
he’s recruited guys capable of winning titles. you still have to develop them to get there. very few step on campus good enough to win a title.

Reactions: vhsalum
he’s recruited guys capable of winning titles. you still have to develop them to get there. very few step on campus good enough to win a title.
Not many. Kemmer came close even with many injuries. Marrinelli always wore huge knee brace, but it was more a mental block it seems like at nationals the few years he was able to compete there relatively healthy. Drake came very close his first full year as the man ant 125 and healthy. I guess PK so far has been some one who was ranked high enough to expect titles but has choked at national championships. Who am I missing.

No Gabe vs. Nak was the topic. There should be a good chance for a 5th match. Thus seeing which coaching staff has done better job coaching.
I know, some people who know more about their transfer for 184 think he’s better than Nak, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabe ends up our 174.

Great information! It would be awesome to see this breakdown with all the teams. Did you find this somewhere or do the work?
I put it together from AA listing's into a spreadsheet. I'm working on the weight by weight AA results for just the top 12 teams. I'll have a Google sheet posted pretty soon for the 12 teams from 2010 to 2024. Eventually, I plan on going back into the Gable years. A comparison to Penn State's current run would be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT