ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Transfer Portal-Palooza Thread ***

Iowa didn't used to get QB transfers from Michigan either.

Its uncharted territory at the moment.
While were on that QB transfer from Michigan, anyone else unimpressed with his last season highlights? I watched them awhile back, but remember nothing special about him, and he reminded me of the kind of QB that Iowa typically gets...

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
While were on that QB transfer from Michigan, anyone else unimpressed with his last season highlights? I watched them awhile back, but remember nothing special about him, and he reminded me of the kind of QB that Iowa typically gets...
Huh?

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Didn't watch them.

I've lost most of my interest in Iowa football because of the coach.

Crystal Ball prediction on TOS for Ben Krikke from Valpo to commit to Iowa.
Saw Krikke play twice last year. Pretty nice forward. Definitely could do worse than this kid.
Krikke would definitely be a solid pickup. I've seen him a few times too, he's pretty good. I'd be down with Krikke joining for sure.

Nearly 20 PPG avg, 55% from the field, 80% from FT. 6-9, 235 lbs. He's not the outside shooter Mast is but has a solid mid and down low game. He can get out to 3 point land but not really is game. 2022-23 first team all-MVC conference honor.

Last edited:
Krikke would definitely be a solid pickup. I've seen him a few times too, he's pretty good. I'd be down with Krikke joining for sure.

Nearly 20 PPG avg, 55% from the field, 80% from FT. 6-9, 235 lbs. He's not the outside shooter Mast is but has a solid mid and down low game. He can get out to 3 point land but not really is game. 2022-23 first team all-MVC conference honor.

Sounds like a very good pickup....I hope Iowa is able to get Jordan Minor for some athleticism/defense and also and not have any new departures.

Reactions: skydog0784
Re: Krikke, I really like the highlight video and stats as far as his offensive game is concerned. I think he could very well be as effective as Rebraca in the post with a much better outside shot to go with it. He looks to have a pretty good shot from 18 feet and is a 80% career FT shooter. I wouldn’t be surprised if that three point shooting percentage went up either given that he is comfortable attempting two shots per game from out there and his FT shooting percentage is high. His shooting percentage on “long 2s” was 43% which is quite good.

I don’t like the rebounding and shot blocking numbers for Krikke. Best case scenario, he’s equivalent to Rebraca defensively and he will likely be worse on that end of the floor or at least worse on the glass. I think Brauns (assuming he does come here) will be an improvement defensively, or at least at rim protection.

If Brauns really is a done deal to Iowa then I think that we are now in okay shape at Center with Krikke, Brauns, Freeman, Mulvey and (maybe) Dembele.

Does this mean that we are no longer recruiting Minor and Mack? I don’t think it has to because both of those guys can probably come in and play PF. Mack looks to have a good enough outside shot that playing him at the 4 won’t cause floor spacing problems. Minor is a weak offensive player, at either the 4 or the 5, but is such a good defensive player that I’d love to have him at either of those spots (particularly since we have a good scoring big already in Krikke).

Reactions: slipHawk
Fran kind of answered the transfer question with a SKA-doosh.

4b41ea8145cd271ac55534e435cd5395.png

Reactions: perryhawk
You mean a high four star recruit that entered the portal as no worse than the second best portal QB wwho about 100 other schools would have snapped up in a heartbeat and previously started on a Big Ten championship playoff team?

Clearly just a run of the mill QB.

Re: Krikke, I really like the highlight video and stats as far as his offensive game is concerned. I think he could very well be as effective as Rebraca in the post with a much better outside shot to go with it. He looks to have a pretty good shot from 18 feet and is a 80% career FT shooter. I wouldn’t be surprised if that three point shooting percentage went up either given that he is comfortable attempting two shots per game from out there and his FT shooting percentage is high. His shooting percentage on “long 2s” was 43% which is quite good.

I don’t like the rebounding and shot blocking numbers for Krikke. Best case scenario, he’s equivalent to Rebraca defensively and he will likely be worse on that end of the floor or at least worse on the glass. I think Brauns (assuming he does come here) will be an improvement defensively, or at least at rim protection.

If Brauns really is a done deal to Iowa then I think that we are now in okay shape at Center with Krikke, Brauns, Freeman, Mulvey and (maybe) Dembele.

Does this mean that we are no longer recruiting Minor and Mack? I don’t think it has to because both of those guys can probably come in and play PF. Mack looks to have a good enough outside shot that playing him at the 4 won’t cause floor spacing problems. Minor is a weak offensive player, at either the 4 or the 5, but is such a good defensive player that I’d love to have him at either of those spots (particularly since we have a good scoring big already in Krikke).
If Minor comes too hes the 5 IMO, Krikke would be the 4.

They'd probably work well together with opposite strengths and weaknesses.

You mean a high four star recruit that entered the portal as no worse than the second best portal QB wwho about 100 other schools would have snapped up in a heartbeat and previously started on a Big Ten championship playoff team?

Clearly just a run of the mill QB.
He was passed up by game two last year, then hurt his knee during mop up time. He didn't look great before that. Check the highlights. Every Cade McNamara Play 2022

Praying we can land BJ Mack; he and Krikke would give the team what it needs in addition to the incoming and returning players.

If there is room for one more after that, then why not Hakim Hart (SF/Maryland)?

He's a philly kid, so maybe he's been on Fran's radar before.

Of course, that would diminish Pmac's minutes so probably not gonna happen.

Mack is in town now (or tomorrow) isn't he??

Edit...never mind. Just saw the 17th-19th.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT