ADVERTISEMENT

Okla State at Iowa

If the guy gives up over 50 pounds to Stoll, I like our chances. He won’t dare to attack legs nor lock up with Sammy if he knows what’s good for him.

I can't imagine him doing much else other than leg attack. Stoll has passed all test up till this point. I thought coming into season an athletic guy may cause him problems. Credit Sam, he has done well. I have been a little underwhelmed with the hwts this year.

Reactions: HKI
I think Fix is 125. In an interview he has said he hasn't grown in awhile. I also think he sees himself as the US 57 kg wrestler. Things could change but I would be surprised to see him at 133 next year.
Agreed. I don't really see him going 133 next year either, not to say it couldn't happen though.

A lot on here are saying Fix is dictating what weight Picc will be at next year. If Fix is that far ahead of Picc that it’s already a forgone conclusion that he decides then Spencer has to be that far ahead as well. Plus now he’s had a guy like Bresser and knows how to deal with it. And Picc isn’t anywhere close to the speed of Bresser.
I expect Spencer to be great, but his problem with Bresser wasn't that Bresser stayed away. The problem was Bresser never conceded anything in the neutral position and Spencer never figured out how to force the issue and get past Bresser's hands. Spencer took one half shot the entire match.

The Oklahoma State kid will well coached and prepared. If 90 seconds in and the score is 0 - 0 it is a toss up. If Spencer has a TD(s) 90 seconds in the only question is whether Spence gets bonus or not.

I hesitate to make any assumptions this early in Spencer's career. Also, Okie State tends to be very strategic, and I think we'll see Picc try to replicate what Bresser did. When you have a talented opponent staying away like that, the match can end up closer than you might expect, and anything can happen as time runs out, as we saw at Midlands. However, an opponent is unlikely to get away with much stalling in Carver, which works to our advantage. At Nationals, however, it's a different story (sadly).

WWDM. I think you were being very strategic in choosing your words regarding Smith's planning for meets vs us. Or maybe you were being diplomatic? :)

GO HAWKS!!

I expect Spencer to be great, but his problem with Bresser wasn't that Bresser stayed away. The problem was Bresser never conceded anything in the neutral position and Spencer never figured out how to force the issue and get past Bresser's hands. Spencer took one half shot the entire match.

The Oklahoma State kid will well coached and prepared. If 90 seconds in and the score is 0 - 0 it is a toss up. If Spencer has a TD(s) 90 seconds in the only question is whether Spence gets bonus or not.

I would bet on a 4-6 point decision the next time they meet(if they do). I cant see anyone doing that to Lee twice

You're wrong. Bresser definitely stayed away except for one shot. Perhaps you should watch it again and count the number of steps that are evasive, versus engaging.

You're wrong. Bresser definitely stayed away except for one shot. Perhaps you should watch it again and count the number of steps that are evasive, versus engaging.
I agree, Bresser stalled on bottom as well. Generally, when a wrestler puts their head on the mat and tucks their wrist under stalling is called there as well. They even call that in high school. At NCAA's they call stalling much tighter and the track shoes won't play as well. Lee also got in deep on a shot and was in good position to finish, but the period ended. He chased him around the mat... I don't know what match nit lion watched, but it's in the past and I'm sure, as Lee stated in his interview after Michigan State, he's moved on.

If Lee Takes him down he will pin or tf the guy,
Also if the guy takes down Lee either pin or get riding time
and he will not make the mistake he made with Bresser
take it to the bank.

By the far the dumbest prediction on the board....

125: Lee TF 5-0
133: Brock MD 5-4
141: Heil Dec 5-7
149: Sorensen dec 8-7
157: Kemerer TF 13-7
165: Marinelli dec 16-7
174: Smith dec 16-10
184: Downey pin 22-10
197: Wilcke dec 25-10
HWT: Stoll dec 28-10

Statement.

You mean the match in which he tore his ACL and still finished losing only 5-4?
thats the one! Don't think I am happy about Stoll getting hurt-but Schafer attacked the legs for two takedowns. That is what I am saying, if you look at what I quoted Dub said he wouldn't dare to attack legs. And White is faster and stronger than Schafer. So go ahead and smart off, but at least think about what I am saying first!

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Now I'm just a fan, but when its go time and I'm at home watching I'm much more comfortable if I see laux and turk step up to the line in this one. I think both could keep it to a dec. where as the other two are more likely to get pinned.

...When you have a talented opponent staying away like that, the match can end up closer than you might expect, and anything can happen as time runs out, as we saw at Midlands. However, an opponent is unlikely to get away with much stalling in Carver, which works to our advantage. At Nationals, however, it's a different story (sadly).

Early and often, boys.....early and often.

125 (10) Lee 7-1 vs (4) Piccininni 11-2
Lee by major 4-0
133 Laux 9-3/Glynn 6-5 vs (8) Brock 14-2
Go with Glynn from here on out... Brock WMD 4-4
141 Happel 10-6 vs (4) Heil 14-2
Heil WMD 4-8
149 (2) Sorensen 13-0 vs (11) Martinez 13-4
Sorensen Dec 7-8
157 (2) Kememer 14-0 vs Blaylock 11-5
Kem by Major 11-8
165 (12) Marinelli 7-0 vs (7) Rogers 11-2
Carver magic 14-8
174 (19) Gunther vs (10) Smith 12-3
I could see Smith's speed causing issues early, Gunther comes back out of Major trouble 14-11
184 Downey/Bowman 8-4 vs Moore 10-4
Bowman with the Carver magic 17-11
197 (5) Wilcke 13-0 vs (4) Weigle 3-0
Personally Wilcke is too high right now, a major is possible but Weigle by DEC 17-14
Hwt (3) Stoll 12-0 vs (11) White 12-1
Stoll with the OT takedown/stall call 20-14
never been impressed by Smith.....I think Gunther beats him. Money’s on Cash Money, too.

thats the one! Don't think I am happy about Stoll getting hurt-but Schafer attacked the legs for two takedowns. That is what I am saying, if you look at what I quoted Dub said he wouldn't dare to attack legs. And White is faster and stronger than Schafer. So go ahead and smart off, but at least think about what I am saying first!
I agree that the statement saying that he wouldn't dare attack legs makes limited sense. Not sure I agree that White is faster than Schafer. I thought Austin looked like a top 5 guy before he got injured last year.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Now I'm just a fan, but when its go time and I'm at home watching I'm much more comfortable if I see laux and turk step up to the line in this one. I think both could keep it to a dec. where as the other two are more likely to get pinned.

Go with the people who are going to be going in March. I don't care enough about the team score in a dual meet if the only reason you put them out there is because they might only lose by dec.

I get what you are coming from. I guess I would have to go back and watch the match but my recollection is that Stoll reinjured his knee defending the first take down so the success Schafer had may be a little skewed.

Regardless, I do expect White to attack the legs and stay of out ties with Stoll.

I can't imagine him doing much else other than leg attack. Stoll has passed all test up till this point. I thought coming into season an athletic guy may cause him problems. Credit Sam, he has done well. I have been a little underwhelmed with the hwts this year.

A healthy Sammy will crush him if the kid chooses to change levels and attack the legs when giving up over 30 lbs.

never been impressed by Smith.....I think Gunther beats him. Money’s on Cash Money, too.
Regarding Smith... maybe you're thinking about John's kid? He's been a bust so far, but he's redshirting this season.

Reactions: Hawk170
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT