ADVERTISEMENT

On 2 tOSU

edquinn06

HR All-American
Sep 25, 2014
IA-IL-WI
Couple of things I'm wondering. Does NATO go? I think yes, but with the win over Lizak he doesn't need to? Will be a hard match for Lee if his gas tank isn't there. If Mead goes Lee will win by Fall.

I know most people will also ask if Snyder will go and I think yes. My question is will Stoll go??? I know I'll get some grief for this but I say sit him. Why you ask. Iowa isn't winning this dual. I see us winning 3 matches (49, 57, 65) for sure with a possible chance at 5 (25 & 84). Of course 5 would make he very happy keeping the dual respectable. I know Stoll's knee is good but why risk it in a January dual against the best wrestler on the planet. I want a healthy Stoll at BIG'S and NCAA's. I'm sure Stoll will wrestle, but it just makes me nervous.

To early for a match breakdown.

Couple of things I'm wondering. Does NATO go? I think yes, but with the win over Lizak he doesn't need to? Will be a hard match for Lee if his gas tank isn't there. If Mead goes Lee will win by Fall.

I know most people will also ask if Snyder will go and I think yes. My question is will Stoll go??? I know I'll get some grief for this but I say sit him. Why you ask. Iowa isn't winning this dual. I see us winning 3 matches (49, 57, 65) for sure with a possible chance at 5 (25 & 84). Of course 5 would make he very happy keeping the dual respectable. I know Stoll's knee is good but why risk it in a January dual against the best wrestler on the planet. I want a healthy Stoll at BIG'S and NCAA's. I'm sure Stoll will wrestle, but it just makes me nervous.

To early for a match breakdown.
This match is concerning, I'd agree, because Snyder is the kind of quick heavyweight who can put Sam's knee at risk. Note that his ACL tears occurred against Gwiz on a tree-topped single leg and Schafer (I think) of Okie State, another smaller, quicker heavyweight, also on a leg attack.

Maybe they just sit Tomasello and Kyle Snyder and all is well.;)

Unless KEVIN Snyder takes the mat there will be not positive outcome for Stoll.
125 The Lee 8-1 (No 10) vs Tomasello 2-0 (No 1)
133 Laux/Glynn vs Pletcher 19-0 (No 2)
141 Turk/Happel vs McKenna 6-1 (No 6)
149 Sorensen 14-0 (No 2) vs Hayes 18-2 (No 6)
157 Kemerer 15-0 (No 2) vs M Jordan 17-2 (No 6)
165 Marinelli 8-0 (No 10) vs Campbell 13-4 (No 12)
174 Gunther 11-3 (No 19) vs B Jordan 16-3 (No 3)
184 Downey vs M Martin 19-0 (No 2)
197 Wilke 13-1 (No 5) vs Moore 15-0 (No 1)
Hwt Stoll 13-0 (No 3) vs Snyder 4-0 (No 1)

On paper this looks like a win for the Buckeyes. I doubt Stoll takes the mat against Snyder unless the outcome depends upon his results. I'm sure Lee and Marinelli will be ranked higher this week and Wilcke might drop a bit. Will be nice to finally see Downey in Black and Gold (I sure enjoyed watching Bowman this year at 184). If only Murin could make the cut to 133 and Bowman the cut to 174, this Iowa team just might make it interesting at the Big10s and the NCCAs. Go Hawks!!!

If Iowa is up by 5 heading into heavyweight? Yep, he wrestles.
Even with us winning at 25, 49, 57, 65, & 84 all by dec (15pts) that's if all goes right. tOSU will have 15 also MD at 33,41,97,& dec 74. Dual tied going into 285. No way Iowa will be up 5 going into 285. So In no situation will it be worth putting Stoll out there to try and win the dual. March is all that matters.

Reactions: evashevsky58
Even with us winning at 25, 49, 57, 65, & 84 all by dec (15pts) that's if all goes right. tOSU will have 15 also MD at 33,41,97,& dec 74. Dual tied going into 285. No way Iowa will be up 5 going into 285. So In no situation will it be worth putting Stoll out there to try and win the dual. March is all that matters.
You are assuming I am saying something I am not saying. Can you call Coach Brands and tell him Iowa cannot possibly win? I said, "If Iowa is up by 5". I didn't assume anything.

Reactions: rcamp67 and el dub
Terrible matchup for Iowa. fosu is ranked at every weight and we have 4 unranked weights plus they have the #1 guy at the same weight as two of our better guys. We better win 149, 157 and 165 for seeding but all tough matches, we have a shot at 125 but tomatoe has to be favored. We have a shot at 184 but Martin has to be a pretty good favorite with the lack of mat time and folkstyle wrestling Pat has had. Maybe Brooks can teach him the secret to success vs Martin. Their 133 and 141 are far from untouchable but we have not had anyone decide they want to get after it at those weights. No way Joey Guns wins vs Jordan. Moore has been less dominant this year and Wilke is better this year but Wilke needs to jump a level. Everyone a bad match for Snyder, we need Sam's knee to stay healthy.

125: NaTo too big, and man did he look good against Lizak. 0-3
133: Leave Glynn in for the rest of the year. 0-7
141: Hmm, maybe Turk? Either way lose by major. 0-11
149: Push the pace and BS can get the major. 4-11
157: Final score may be under 8 points, but Kem will control the match. 7-11
165: Good win with a chance at the major if Campbell fades. 10-11
174: This will be ugly. 10-15
184: Martin is wrecking dudes this year. I'm guessing Downey tries upper body and gets planted, maybe he squirms out. 10-20
197: Just too big and on a different level. Rides the emotion to a major. 10-24
HWT: No shame in losing to the best wrestler on the planet. 10-27

Pretty good squad they have in Columbus. We're clearly a step down. Similar to PSU, they just have some studs at weights that we do as well.

The only thing I can say is if Stoll does not wrestle, no one on this board should ever complain about ducking competition or protecting seeds or any of that crap. Personally, if I were Stoll I would want to wrestle. These are the stories you tell your kids and grandkids. "I remember when I wrestled the best wrestler in the world ....."
I have a ton of respect for TnT, but if they sit Stoll, I would lose some of it. After all he is ranked pretty high.

The only thing I can say is if Stoll does not wrestle, no one on this board should ever complain about ducking competition or protecting seeds or any of that crap. Personally, if I were Stoll I would want to wrestle. These are the stories you tell your kids and grandkids. "I remember when I wrestled the best wrestler in the world ....."
I have a ton of respect for TnT, but if they sit Stoll, I would lose some of it. After all he is ranked pretty high.
How could Stoll sitting even be construed as protecting a seed? Snyder is the #1 seed everywhere. Stoll loses nothing getting beat by him. If he sits, it's to protect his health, plain and simple.

125: NaTo too big, and man did he look good against Lizak. 0-3
133: Leave Glynn in for the rest of the year. 0-7
141: Hmm, maybe Turk? Either way lose by major. 0-11
149: Push the pace and BS can get the major. 4-11
157: Final score may be under 8 points, but Kem will control the match. 7-11
165: Good win with a chance at the major if Campbell fades. 10-11
174: This will be ugly. 10-15
184: Martin is wrecking dudes this year. I'm guessing Downey tries upper body and gets planted, maybe he squirms out. 10-20
197: Just too big and on a different level. Rides the emotion to a major. 10-24
HWT: No shame in losing to the best wrestler on the planet. 10-27

Pretty good squad they have in Columbus. We're clearly a step down. Similar to PSU, they just have some studs at weights that we do as well.

No way in hell Martin techs Downey.

Well my heart says be smart to sit Stoll heck I have tough skin can take the
bitching about them procteing for a seed.
Stoll has to take care of that knee.
I also know how competive he is and would want go.
No way Hawks can win the season dual if u are realistic. Will be either Ohio State or Penn State.
Need him for Big Ten and Nationals.
If he can beat Nevis could get 3 seed and Coon 2nd.
If he could beat Coon at the meet than 2n.
Coon is tough but so is Sam.

Well my heart says be smart to sit Stoll heck I have tough skin can take the
bitching about them procteing for a seed.
Stoll has to take care of that knee.
I also know how competive he is and would want go.
No way Hawks can win the season dual if u are realistic. Will be either Ohio State or Penn State.
Need him for Big Ten and Nationals.
If he can beat Nevis could get 3 seed and Coon 2nd.
If he could beat Coon at the meet than 2n.
Coon is tough but so is Sam.

Maybe he should sit for Coon also. What is the difference? Nevills shoots a lot of low shots, or at least he did last year. Maybe sit Stoll against PSU also. Where does it stop? Stoll is a stud and a big boy and somewhat of a fan favorite. Let him wrestle.

So one of the big reasons the fans come out is to see Snyder wrestle. Sitting his competition does not help grow the sport. Siting your stud because he can't beat their stud sure seems like snowflake mentality to me.

If they sit him it would not be because he can't beat him, if he has a 100% knee there would be no discussion but a big guy with two blow outs on record is getting close to being finished with another so I am going to go with whatever Sam and the staff want to do. I don't give a crap what the fosu fans miss out on Snyder skips all kinds of meets as it is.

The staff is in there every day so they know more about the knee so I'll go with whatever they decide. But if the knee is good, he has to wrestle or we can't complain about sh*t ever again. We can't protect seeds or any of that BS if our guy is healthy. Wrestle Snyder, see if we can get a game plan on how to wrestle him down the line at the last two tournaments of the year. We all act like some of these guys are unbeatable yet we've all seen them go down. I mean HELLO, the greatest man to ever walk the planet lost his last college match!! Lee used to be undefeated. The list is endless fellas. When's the last time Snydar lost? He got tossed by that Gadsin dude...how bout Sam stroll in and lock up one of his Greco throws and plant big Kyle on his head and become an instant legend....that'd be a story to tell your grandkids!

Terrible matchup for Iowa. fosu is ranked at every weight and we have 4 unranked weights plus they have the #1 guy at the same weight as two of our better guys. We better win 149, 157 and 165 for seeding but all tough matches, we have a shot at 125 but tomatoe has to be favored. We have a shot at 184 but Martin has to be a pretty good favorite with the lack of mat time and folkstyle wrestling Pat has had. Maybe Brooks can teach him the secret to success vs Martin. Their 133 and 141 are far from untouchable but we have not had anyone decide they want to get after it at those weights. No way Joey Guns wins vs Jordan. Moore has been less dominant this year and Wilke is better this year but Wilke needs to jump a level. Everyone a bad match for Snyder, we need Sam's knee to stay healthy.
Unfortunately, all true. What to do? I say go out and give it your best shot with your best guys. What happens happens.

Silly to give these "all or nothing" statements. "If Stoll doesn't wrestle then we can never complain or argue about blah blah blah."

First off, you do what's best for the team in the long run from a health perspective. I don't recall Iowa ducking anyone for seeding or anything else, but I sure wish Sam didn't have to wrestle Gwiz at the national duals and miss his chance to be an all-american. A meaningless match removed him from the most important one.

Second if your HWT has finished the last two seasons injured, you do what you did for the MD meet. If is already decided, don't risk it. So if fosu has it wrapped up before HWT, you trot someone else out there or you forfeit, if it comes down to HWT, Sam goes out and smashed Snyder for the win.

Third, just because one person has an opinion that is contradictory of a point I am bitching about, this does not nullify my rights to continue bitching.

It would be so nice if everyone stopped trying to make their point using absolutes. If this continues we are all going to have to.......oops, NM:)

There is a big difference between ducking for seeding & protecting someone who has been injury prone.

The staff is in there every day so they know more about the knee so I'll go with whatever they decide. But if the knee is good, he has to wrestle or we can't complain about sh*t ever again. We can't protect seeds or any of that BS if our guy is healthy. Wrestle Snyder, see if we can get a game plan on how to wrestle him down the line at the last two tournaments of the year. We all act like some of these guys are unbeatable yet we've all seen them go down. I mean HELLO, the greatest man to ever walk the planet lost his last college match!! Lee used to be undefeated. The list is endless fellas. When's the last time Snydar lost? He got tossed by that Gadsin dude...how bout Sam stroll in and lock up one of his Greco throws and plant big Kyle on his head and become an instant legend....that'd be a story to tell your grandkids!

I may just start telling my grandkids that story. It would be a doosey. If I cross my fingers while I tell it, is it really a lie?

I like the way you think. :)

Reactions: Huck

It would not be to protect a seed, it would be to protect a knee. Big difference.

This match is concerning, I'd agree, because Snyder is the kind of quick heavyweight who can put Sam's knee at risk. Note that his ACL tears occurred against Gwiz on a tree-topped single leg and Schafer (I think) of Okie State, another smaller, quicker heavyweight, also on a leg attack.

Maybe they just sit Tomasello and Kyle Snyder and all is well.;)

So by this logic, Stoll is at risk of tearing an ACL anytime someone attacks his leg?

He might as well never wrestle again if that's the case.

It's like saying a running back who tore his ACL making a cut on the field should never make a cut with that same leg ever again.

Silly to give these "all or nothing" statements. "If Stoll doesn't wrestle then we can never complain or argue about blah blah blah."

First off, you do what's best for the team in the long run from a health perspective. I don't recall Iowa ducking anyone for seeding or anything else, but I sure wish Sam didn't have to wrestle Gwiz at the national duals and miss his chance to be an all-american. A meaningless match removed him from the most important one.

Second if your HWT has finished the last two seasons injured, you do what you did for the MD meet. If is already decided, don't risk it. So if fosu has it wrapped up before HWT, you trot someone else out there or you forfeit, if it comes down to HWT, Sam goes out and smashed Snyder for the win.

Third, just because one person has an opinion that is contradictory of a point I am bitching about, this does not nullify my rights to continue bitching.

It would be so nice if everyone stopped trying to make their point using absolutes. If this continues we are all going to have to.......oops, NM:)
Agree with you except on second point.........should read if Iowa has it wrapped up before HWT, trot out a forfeit.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
I can't believe anyone who considers himself a Wrestling Fan, would ever advocate sitting out a Starter who is healthy, ESPECIALLY if both guys are highly ranked. Dual score shouldn't matter at that point. Get it on and see what happens.

You can sit your guy against Maryland or Michigan State and give the backup a little "love" then, if you must.

The fact that Snyder is really good, is as irrelevant as it could possibly be as it relates to "perceived" injury probability. It's paranoia, plain and simple.

There we go.

Reactions: Huck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT