ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: The Texas GOP attack on trans kids reaches a horrifying new level

LOL...the "American College of Pediatricians" is an anti-LGBTQ advocacy group that opposes adoption by gays or lesbians and advocates for "conversion therapy". GTFO with that BS.
There are more ...

PBS
BBC
The Lancet

Admittedly there are other sources that will tell you puberty blockers are considered safe, including hospitals (not surprising). But then, like St. Louis Children's Hospital, give a long list of both short-term and long-term side effects:

SLCH

There are more ...

PBS
BBC
The Lancet

Admittedly there are other sources that will tell you puberty blockers are considered safe, including hospitals (not surprising). But then, like St. Louis Children's Hospital, give a long list of both short-term and long-term side effects:

SLCH
None of your links say that puberty blockers are unsafe for trans kids, though. Your last link specifically says that blockers are considered safe, the PBS link says nothing about trans kids at all, and the BBC link says that it is inconclusive.

Here you go. Solid reading on the problems with the research or studies being presented as facts and why people shouldn't be so quick to go along with everything the trans team are pushing on our society.

Fair-minded individuals would see the cumulative effect of the findings – 20 percent have regret, 41 percent attempt suicide, 90 percent have a “significant form of psychopathology,” 61 percent also have other psychiatric disorders and illnesses, 50 percent had depressive symptoms, 40 percent showed symptoms of anxiety – and be troubled by the push to surgery and transition as the first course of treatment for transgenders

Here you go. Solid reading on the problems with the research or studies being presented as facts and why people shouldn't be so quick to go along with everything the trans team are pushing on our society.

Seriously? A push piece from 4 years ago?

None of your links say that puberty blockers are unsafe for trans kids, though. Your last link specifically says that blockers are considered safe, the PBS link says nothing about trans kids at all, and the BBC link says that it is inconclusive.
Huh?

Not safe for kids in general but safe for trans kids? Why? Administered differently?

Also from the PBS link: "More than 10,000 adverse event reports filed with the FDA reflect the experiences of women who’ve taken Lupron. The reports describe everything from brittle bones to faulty joints."

There's always a cost/benefit analysis with taking any drug.

Reactions: Urohawk
Huh?

Not safe for kids in general but safe for trans kids? Why? Administered differently?

Also from the PBS link: "More than 10,000 adverse event reports filed with the FDA reflect the experiences of women who’ve taken Lupron. The reports describe everything from brittle bones to faulty joints."

There's always a cost/benefit analysis with taking any drug.
This is literally copy and pasted from your last link:

"Most experts, including our team, believe that puberty blockers are safe"

This is literally copy and pasted from your last link:

"Most experts, including our team, believe that puberty blockers are safe"
I know, I pointed that out already. I went on to say they then list the considerable side effects.

IMO, they clearly consider this drug only to be safe when weighed against possible benefits. That cost/benefit analysis I mentioned. I think that's where this debate really lies.

I know, I pointed that out already. I went on to say they then list the considerable side effects.

IMO, they clearly consider this drug only to be safe when weighed against possible benefits. That cost/benefit analysis I mentioned. I think that's where this debate really lies.
But nothing in any of your links says that trans kids, in general, should not use this treatment.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Uro seems pretty clear here that parental/guardian consent is needed if the child is not of age. I'm not sure what Big Hawk's argument is then?
The age of consent in many states is 14 and is non-existent in others. So parental sign is not needed if the doc is confident that the child knows the ramifications of treatment. Each state is convoluted, some allow for treatment without parental consent if they believe the parent is abusive or non-supportive.

Damn...this is f'n moronic.
When you cannot defend your depraved way of thinking you resort to name calling.

Boys have a peen, girls do not. If as an adult you want to dress as the opposite sex or mutilate your body, then you have that right. Offering teenagers puberty blockers so they can indulge the delusion is about as wrong as it gets. It is certainly not compassionate.

When you cannot defend your depraved way of thinking you resort to name calling.

Boys have a peen, girls do not. If as an adult you want to dress as the opposite sex or mutilate your body, then you have that right. Offering teenagers puberty blockers so they can indulge the delusion is about as wrong as it gets. It is certainly not compassionate.
LOL...I called no one a name, dumbass.

I just called YOU a name.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
But nothing in any of your links says that trans kids, in general, should not use this treatment.
The BBC link reports that their Institute of Health determined the safety findings inconclusive as does the Lancet. But maybe the PBS link is most powerful with all the harmed women. Proof is in the pudding kinda deal.

Also, I said IMO the cost/benefit is key, but also central is by who and when that determination should be made, of course. That's all. Have a good day.

And he is wrong. A doctor that would do this to a child shouldn't be a doctor
Because you're wrong. We don't do gender surgery on minors. We can block and slow down puberty. Those drugs are supposed to be used with very strict criteria that are outlined above. If there is ambiguity, we don't start therapy.

Do you what the medical age of consent is in many states?
It's 18. There are some states with altered laws to allow for birth control and STD testing. I can't legally access my 15 year olds medical records in my current state without his permission. However he can't, and no one I know, would allow him to sign up for elective surgery.

Last edited:
Reactions: gohawks50
Uro seems pretty clear here that parental/guardian consent is needed if the child is not of age. I'm not sure what Big Hawk's argument is then?
That's not me. It's direct copying and pasting of the guidelines from WPATH. The World Professional Association of Transgender Health. It's the recommended guidelines we all follow. The idea of dual consent is to make sure the teen knows what they're signing up for and the parents are in agreement. I do it when I'm operating on all sorts of things. Congenital chordee is a problem where people are born with a crooked erection. I have both parents and the child sign it to make sure everyone is on board with the treatment plan.

Could you clarify when we are supposed to be worried about teen suicide? Is it for all things or just when they aren't able to go to school during a pandemic. I can't figure out when and what kids we are supposed to look out for. You know, compassion.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Could you clarify when we are supposed to be worried about teen suicide? Is it for all things or just when they aren't able to go to school during a pandemic. I can't figure out when and what kids we are supposed to look out for. You know, compassion.
Teen suicide has skyrocketed in recent years, almost in parallel with the rise in rates of teen transgenderism.

I believe there is a broader mental health problem going on in teens. Lots to dissect there.

Reactions: rocketclone
I have children, does that count?
As do I, 6 of them, one who is Transgender. Love and support all of them. We've been with my non binary child every step of the way and have provided them with the counseling, doctors, psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, every possible step we could take to make sure we are acting in their best interest, to help them stay healthy mentally and physically.

As do I, 6 of them, one who is Transgender. Love and support all of them. We've been with my non binary child every step of the way and have provided them with the counseling, doctors, psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, every possible step we could take to make sure we are acting in their best interest, to help them stay healthy mentally and physically.
They are very lucky to have you as their parent. I'm sure the process hasn't always been easy for you or you spouse, but you have embraced your role as a parent to give your child the support and medical attention they require. That's the thing about these bills the majority probably supports them because they can't imagine they would ever have a loved one affected by them. I hope for the sake of their loved ones their attitudes would change if their child or family member ever expressed an identity issue.

You just wish they'd go away...because bigot.
Yeah not really but I do get that you are a binary thinker. Go teach gym class with all that wisdom

People are not going to fall for the standard lefty tactic of calling people a bigot to shut them down on this one. It isn't going to work

What a twat you are. The conservative kids. Look out for them

Because you're wrong. We don't do gender surgery on minors. We can block and slow down puberty. Those drugs are supposed to be used with very strict criteria that are outlined above. If there is ambiguity, we don't start therapy.
Are you suggesting there isn't ambiguity with a teenager? If you don't proceed with a teenager if there is ambiguity then you would never proceed while they are teenagers. Ever.

Puberty blockers aren't ok either for them and that you think that is somehow better is exactly why legislation is needed to protect children from those that would encourage those type of decision making at that age.

Nonsense. This is like claiming that only adults can claim to be straight.
No it’s not. Recent studies report that up to 15% of youth claim to be LGBT…….. Can you explain how Darwinian Theory/evolutionary biology can explain the explosion of a lifestyle that results in non-procreation of the human race. Is it genetic or societal factors?

I’m sure you love your kids and want the best for them. I’m sure it has not always been easy to know what to do or what to say, but you given your best effort and consideration.

Are you suggesting there isn't ambiguity with a teenager? If you don't proceed with a teenager if there is ambiguity then you would never proceed while they are teenagers. Ever.

Puberty blockers aren't ok either for them and that you think that is somehow better is exactly why legislation is needed to protect children from those that would encourage those type of decision making at that age.
Medical ambiguity. You're obtuse. You need parental consent to have kids transition.

I’m sure you love your kids and want the best for them. I’m sure it has not always been easy to know what to do or what to say, but you given your best effort and consideration.

Why bad mouth other parents but have this stance with Gimmered? Is it because someone with actual real world experience showed you how shallow you are? Until you walked a mile in these people's shoes sit down and STFU. We all don't share your narrow minded opinion. I weep for your kids

Why bad mouth other parents but have this stance with Gimmered? Is it because someone with actual real world experience showed you how shallow you are? Until you walked a mile in these people's shoes sit down and STFU. We all don't share your narrow minded opinion. I weep for your kids
I have 100% sympathy for families going through that kind of crisis. I have children, and of course can easily imagine being in their shoes. These parents must agonize over what the right thing to do or say is.

I don’t believe in giving hormone blockers to kids. I don’t believe it’s fair to let trans girls play sports or safe to let them use girls restrooms and locker rooms. I don’t hate trans people at all.

I have 100% sympathy for families going through that kind of crisis. I have children, and of course can easily imagine being in their shoes. These parents must agonize over what the right thing to do or say is.

You got a funny way of showing it. Your reply about being a "know better" to Gimmered before you realized he actually lives it every f'ing day was really sympathetic. Maybe don't be so quick to judge someone before you understand their situation. POS

I don’t believe in giving hormone blockers to kids. I don’t believe it’s fair to let trans girls play sports or s3afe to let them use girls restrooms and locker rooms. I don’t hate trans people at all.
You don't hate trans people yet want to force them to reject who they are.

Reactions: gohawks50
Medical ambiguity. You're obtuse. You need parental consent to have kids transition.
Medical ambiguity? So in urology what does medical ambiguity look like for puberty blocker? Something is wrong with the plumbing? Because that is what you are saying right? Parental consent doesn't answer medical ambiguity by the way.

I suppose you could be arguing that medical ambiguity can be judged on a psychological level but what exactly is your expertise in that from a medical perspective? And how solid is the mental health field in determining ambiguity regardless? It most certainly hasn't had unity in any part of their field let alone something like this. Mental health after all isn't simply the mechanical workings of the body in everything from the patient themselves through the motivations and interpretations by parents and mental health professionals.

You keep demonstrating exactly why we need legislation to protect kids from these types of decisions made by people like you.

You got a funny way of showing it. Your reply about being a "know better" to Gimmered before you realized he actually lives it every f'ing day was really sympathetic. Maybe don't be so quick to judge someone before you understand their situation. POS
I will judge it the same way we judge any situation that involves children and their best interest.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT