ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: The Texas GOP attack on trans kids reaches a horrifying new level

You got a funny way of showing it. Your reply about being a "know better" to Gimmered before you realized he actually lives it every f'ing day was really sympathetic. Maybe don't be so quick to judge someone before you understand their situation. POS
Trad’s statement that deciding to be trans should be an adult decision is 100% correct. To respond to an argument with “you just don’t understand because you haven’t experienced it” is a “know-better” attitude.

You are correct that I probably would have responded differently had I known the details, but that is just because I’m not trying to be cruel. But sympathy for someone doesn’t change my opinion.

Anyone who follows the conservative movement knew this ugly period would come to this: Talk of “liberty” and “free speech” would end up with state censorship of ideas conservatives don’t like, while “pro-family” would end up meaning deploying the state to break up families.
One day, Republicans might move beyond what they’re doing now, just as they prefer not to talk about their opposition to marriage equality. But in the meantime, they’re going to victimize a lot of people.
Spot on...

Considering that there should be no such thing as "trans kids," I find this thread title to be really horrifying in and of itself.

Considering yourself to be "trans" should be an adult decision.
You really are a fugging idiot in addition to being a complete piece of shit, you know that, right? I am far from liberal on this issue, but your post is beyond the pale, especially since you’re always so quick to play the white-male-oppressed card like the sniveling little bitch that you are.

Please smoke more.

Trad’s statement that deciding to be trans should be an adult decision is 100% correct. To respond to an argument with “you just don’t understand because you haven’t experienced it” is a “know-better” attitude.

You are correct that I probably would have responded differently had I known the details, but that is just because I’m not trying to be cruel. But sympathy for someone doesn’t change my opinion.
It is an adult decision. The parents must sign off on it and a doctor must sign off on it.

But sympathy for someone doesn’t change my opinion.
Correct. Your opinions are just that: opinions. They are not backed by science or the facts. And yet, you have the gumption to accuse others of defaulting to “we know better” sentimentality based on feelings.

You are a modern-day Pharisee. Sit this one out.

You are correct that I probably would have responded differently had I known the details, but that is just because I’m not trying to be cruel.

1129669-J-C-Watts-Quote-Character-is-doing-the-right-thing-when-nobody-s.jpg

Correct. Your opinions are just that: opinions. They are not backed by science or the facts. And yet, you have the gumption to accuse others of defaulting to “we know better” sentimentality based on feelings.

You are a modern-day Pharisee. Sit this one out.
Teenagers have been making poor decisions for thousands of years. This is why we don't allow them to vote, smoke, drink, rent a car or hotel rooms, etc.

However if you need a study this article does a good job summarizing a number of them, over the last 40 years.
Strong majority of kids that report as trans change their mind after puberty

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Teenagers have been making poor decisions for thousands of years. This is why we don't allow them to vote, smoke, drink, rent a car or hotel rooms, etc.

However if you need a study this article does a good job summarizing a number of them, over the last 40 years.
Strong majority of kids that report as trans change their mind after puberty
I was referring to your comment about a rise in mental illness correlating with transgender. That’s ridiculous.

I agree that there are already too many hormonal changes in adolescence that would be gaslighted by a sex change. Young people are not properly equipped to make those decisions.

I was referring to your comment about a rise in mental illness correlating with transgender. That’s ridiculous.

I agree that there are already too many hormonal changes in adolescence that would be gaslighted by a sex change. Young people are not properly equipped to make those decisions.
I didn't draw any conclusions other than suicide, mental illness and transgenderism in teens is all going up at the same time. Lots of things contributing to that, including phones and social media, but kids are dealing with stuff that we did not when we were growing up in the 90s, which wasn't THAT long ago.

I'm not smart enough to connect all of the dots.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I didn't draw any conclusions other than suicide, mental illness and transgenderism in teens is all going up at the same time. Lots of things contributing to that, including phones and social media, but kids are dealing with stuff that we did not when we were growing up in the 90s, which wasn't THAT long ago.

I'm not smart enough to connect all of the dots.
As long as you understand correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation, I have no objections to your point of view.

Mental illness among transgender youth is a chicken and egg debate. I would argue in some cases mental illness/trauma/etc. has led to gender dysphoria. In other cases, a strong belief in being a different gender/sex, in addition to the extreme amount of bullying/opposition many trans kids have dealt with, has probably generated a lot of mental illness. My guess is the latter occurs more often than the former.

With that said, we are in agreement hormone therapy and surgeries should not be performed in general unless a doctor genuinely believes it is necessary at that stage of the young person's development. I'm not a doctor, so I leave it up to the opinion of the "experts." Hence why my feelings are as irrelevant as yours.

You keep demonstrating you know nothing on this subject. I am a surgeon. We aren't operating on kids.
And yet here you are commenting all over the place about why it is ok to initiate things that you zero expertise within. You aren't surgeon commenting and presenting on things like medical ambiguity as some sort of sage. You aren't and you opinion means nothing

They're not making the decisions alone....they are navigating life, through a difficult time, with the aid of their parents and when needed both mental and medical health experts.
Medical and mental health experts with an agenda

My 5 year old wanted to be Batman, thought that he was Batman. Thank god we didn't have school officials butting in telling him he was Batman, and that his parents were wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT