ADVERTISEMENT

OTT Session 4

Is there a wrestling for infidels camp I could send my kids to? Mat time for the open minds? Sprawling skeptics? Domination for the non-denominations?
Hey, I take offense at that. My church is non-denominational. ;)

We get it, you don't like it. You've only stated this a few thousand times.

I enjoy your comments and our banter, but this shit is getting real old.

Block me then b/c I'll continue to post about it. I've stated it significantly less than the interviewees have preached it.

Remember the "fun" era? The obsessiveness with mentioning god/christianity in interviews has eclipsed the prior obsession with referencing fun. Tbh, it's fascinating from a sociological standpoint. (and completely absurd)

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
Block me then b/c I'll continue to post about it. I've stated it significantly less than the interviewees have preached it.

Remember the "fun" era? The obsessiveness with mentioning god/christianity in interviews has eclipsed the prior obsession with referencing fun. Tbh, it's fascinating from a sociological standpoint. (and completely absurd)
I agree it sounds like a cult the way the Fun Bunch bring up God everytime. As if God would give a rats arse who wins a sporting event. People would lose their **** if Sadulaev says something like "guess my God wanted it more than his" the next time he beats Snyder!

You're absolutely exhausting. I've always enjoyed our banter for years, but you have no idea when to stfu.

It's their interviews- they aren't forcing you to listen, but for whatever reason, you feel the need to hop on here and bitch and moan about it. It's beyond pathetic at this point.

You're absolutely exhausting. I've always enjoyed our banter for years, but you have no idea when to stfu.

It's their interviews- they aren't forcing you to listen, but for whatever reason, you feel the need to hop on here and bitch and moan about it. It's beyond pathetic at this point.

"It's my posts - I'm not forcing you to read them or reply, but for whatever reason, you feel the need to hop on here and bitch and moan about my posts. It's beyond pathetic at this point."

It's a cycle now. Wrestler preaches religion in interview. I post "look they're preaching again. This is becoming cliché and tiring." You and others post "Vodka quit commenting on the interviews. it bothers us".

I've stated multiple times that I'm going to continue to comment on it. If it really bothers you, you should either ignore me or block me b/c I enjoy mocking those interviews just as I enjoyed mocking the "fun" interviews.

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
Seems like he should volunteer for some service. I hear Russia is looking for a few good men.
Good for Russia. Ukraine is currently looking for a few good women to fight. Anyone want to discuss the US wars of aggression for the last 50 plus years regarding Olympic eligibility? BS that Russia is banned, but we are living in fd up times.

Amit Elor is so impressive in how she dictates matches completely with her strength and positioning. She's got such a long career ahead of her and I'm so excited to be able to watch it
Elle was maybe the most impressive of the whole tournament.

Kennedy Blades pretty dominant over Adeline 8-3. Feels like the torch may have been passed there. Wish Blades was in Iowa City.
Poorly prepared announcers commenting that Blades probably looked up to Gray as a kid. What they didn’t seem to know is that Blades was on the Wyoming Seminary girls wrestling team for at least two years when Gray was an assistant coach at that program.

"It's my posts - I'm not forcing you to read them or reply, but for whatever reason, you feel the need to hop on here and bitch and moan about my posts. It's beyond pathetic at this point."

It's a cycle now. Wrestler preaches religion in interview. I post "look they're preaching again. This is becoming cliché and tiring." You and others post "Vodka quit commenting on the interviews. it bothers us".

I've stated multiple times that I'm going to continue to comment on it. If it really bothers you, you should either ignore me or block me b/c I enjoy mocking those interviews just as I enjoyed mocking the "fun" interviews.
So be it you're getting blocked. For someone that claims to be a grown man you act like a little bitch.
You went from one of my favorite posters to the bottom of the list. I'd honestly rather argue with the PSU trolls than read your garbage.

I know right? I think the whole "I couldn't have gotten here without mom and dad's support" should be banned as well. It's offensive to those without both parents still alive. And don't even get me started when guys run off the mat and hug their families. Puke. What if I don't support the family unit?

/sarcasm

giphy.gif

@98lberEating2Lunches any insight as to which step along the path to enlightenment this puts the program?😉
Sort of, but fun, gratitude, and happiness are not explicitly in the Middle Way the Noble Eightfold Path with which I am familiar.

The end of suffering (one's own and all others) is obtained by gaining these:
1. right understanding
2. right thought
3. right speech
4. right action
5. right livelihood
6. right effort
7. right mindfulness
8. right concentration

I believed gratitude and fun should be embedded in some of these, where happiness is part the objective.

Jehovah's Witnesses visit my home on occasion. They try to save my soul. We have polite conversation. Then the leave after inviting me to their place of worship. They mean me no harm. I don't take offense. That is how I see the athlete interviews when they testify their faith.

It's unfortunate that on message boards reducing towards eliminating the suffering of others is not the norm.

Last edited:
Vodka's argument falls when you replace Jesus with just about anyone or anything else.

My win is because of Jesus.
My win is because of my dad.
My win is because of my coach.
My win is because I've tried to dedicate my life to wrestling.

Why is only one of those unacceptable? I'm not even overtly religious but I'm always happy when I hear an athlete express gratitude of any kind. That's the key Vodka. I'm looking to see whether they are about the process or the result. You are much too literal with words. Using the word Jesus in an interview conveys much more about the athlete than just that they are religious. It speaks to an unbreakable inner strength that someone or something has their back no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT