ADVERTISEMENT

Our Next OC will be Tim Polasek

Gross. Fire the OC of the 133rd ranked offense and hire the OC of the 108th.

If anything, it's progress.
Fab Five Netflix GIF by Queer Eye

Right. She's the AD, not the head coach. She won't be involved with the selection of assistant coaches. That's 100% in the hands of the HC, assuming Kirk isn't hiring family or someone with a lot of baggage that would embarrass the university.
so she does play a part by signing off.

Thanks for contracting yourself i guess.

We are all wrong at times. This time we're both right.

I never said he hasn't been contacted. But he did turn us down already, because he wants to stay.
hadn't heard that, can't say I'm overly jacked about hearing it, but thanks for the update

Goetz on 10/30/2023: "It is not my practice to be involved in assistant coaching decisions and certainly not to make public such a change during a season."
Again, read my post. I said, "I know she said she won't have involvement...."

If I was a betting Man and I am I would say Chryst is 2/1 , Jon Boy 5/1 and anyone else in the Field 10/1 as depressing as those choices are, The only choice that would make Me break things is if the hire comes from within the Staff although I think Betts would be a Million times better than Brian just drawing up backyard plays in the sand.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
Maybe our new badass AD won’t let a bullshit unqualified candidate like this get the offer. 🙏🏽
In an interview, she said the OC decision would be Kirk's decision. They would work with him to finalize details. She is a competant AD (senior executive) who allows her coach (senior manager) to make personnel decisions.

I hope OP is wrong.

There were two names on my “Please God, no, don’t let Ferentz hire this guy” list:

Budmayr
Polasek
These are Ferentz disciples and more than likely one of them (or someone like them) will be OC next year. IMO Ferentz is a delusional and/or senile. He really cannot get past his own bloated ego IMO as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
These are Ferentz disciples and more than likely one of them (or someone like them) will be OC next year. IMO Ferentz is a delusional and/or senile. He really cannot get past his own bloated ego IMO as well.
He did hire Davis (although it wasn't great) he had no prior connections to the staff. At this point I would be incredibly jacked if Iowa poached Scheelhause (spelling is probably wrong) from ISU.

I hope she has more oversight than dipshiat Barta did with the hiring of GDGD and BarF. Those hires made no sense so nothing will surprise with the new OC hire.
The AD hires, evaluates, and fires the head coaches. They do NOT manage the staff below that level except in extreme or unusual circumstances (Brian). If Kirk makes a shitty hire then he has to deal with the circumstances.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Even though I’m going to trust that Polasek will not be our next OC, here is a comparison of the FEI Efficiency Rating of our and Wyoming’s offenses under Polasek:

2021:
Iowa - 92
Wyoming - 79

2022:
Iowa - 102
Wyoming - 111

2023:
Iowa - 123
Wyoming - 80

Just to throw it out there because they’re a fellow Mountain West team, but New Mexico went from 130 to 61 in the ONE season they had Bryant Vincent at OC.

hadn't heard that, can't say I'm overly jacked about hearing it, but thanks for the update
I mean, it's understandable on his part. Whittingham is cut from the same cloth as KF and has a very good culture at Utah. They're a program I really respect and enjoy watching, and they're poised to run the new Big 12, even if will be an inferior league.

Reactions: kwik44
Utah guy turned us down????????????
Yes. Grubb more than likely did as well, but he's probably eyeing HC roles, since he also turned down Bama last season.

An interesting one I've heard is that PP turned down Bama and Michigan in the past, and has already told MSU no this season.

Likelihood of new OC, in this order:

1A- Young outside hire
1B- Chryst
Distant 2nd- Budmayr

Why would Chryst leave TX to come to IA?

Isn't it obvious. He comes to be the OC, Our offense finishes <130 in the nation and he looks like the miracle worker. KF retires after next year and Chryst becomes the head coach. With the need for an OC, he promotes Keller to OC. What could go wrong?

Yes. Grubb more than likely did as well, but he's probably eyeing HC roles, since he also turned down Bama last season.

An interesting one I've heard is that PP turned down Bama and Michigan in the past, and has already told MSU no this season.

Likelihood of new OC, in this order:

1A- Young outside hire
1B- Chryst
Distant 2nd- Budmayr
SIAP, who is Young?

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Micromanage much?
It’s the first hire under her watch. And let’s face it, KF has proven he can’t exactly be trusted to make sound offensive decisions. Yeah, but if your ass was in that seat, I’m sure you’d blindly trust him. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
I had high hopes for Polazek when he joined the staff previously. He was a disappointment.

What the hell does Bohl retiring have to do with anything? As if he wouldn’t have left Wyoming to take the Iowa OC job?

I’ll be surprised, but not shocked if it’s Polasek, but I don’t know any more than anybody else on here.
george costanza ladies GIF

Maybe we go all out Opposite George and hire an OC that takes us to #1 in offense.
It could happen….😳

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT