ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman

They're gonna try. Every school in the country would take him if they could.
Will $500K keep him?

Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Will $500K keep him?

Young Dolph Money GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop
Not even close. When Owen and Brock sighed on to Iowa they stated that they wanted to be on the team that got Iowa to the 2nd week. Owen is not going anywhere. He's family is well off, they don't need the money and his younger brother who is finishing his junior year at Moline has Iowa interested in him as a 6-6 guard.
Now Braden as good as he is, is not good enough at this time to get a scholarship but he has another year to get better and as a worse scenario he could come to Iowa as a preferred walk on.
Either way Owen wants to play with his young brother again so as the worst case, Owen will be at Iowa for another 2 years, minimum.

Not even close. When Owen and Brock sighed on to Iowa they stated that they wanted to be on the team that got Iowa to the 2nd week. Owen is not going anywhere. He's family is well off, they don't need the money and his younger brother who is finishing his junior year at Moline has Iowa interested in him as a 6-6 guard.
Now Braden as good as he is, is not good enough at this time to get a scholarship but he has another year to get better and as a worse scenario he could come to Iowa as a preferred walk on.
Either way Owen wants to play with his young brother again so as the worst case, Owen will be at Iowa for another 2 years, minimum.
I agree Owen seems like a loyalty guy where most players this day and age follow the money unfortuatly

Higher ceiling for sure.

The last couple games Owen flashed a handle and coordination with his feet I didn't know he had.

That's a whole different level of potential than what I would have thought a month ago.
Owen rarely took a shot away from the basket playing for Moline, I couldn't tell you how many he made, but it wasn't very many.
Layups, dunks, free throws, rebounds and defense is getting Owen Big Ten attention, but he need to expand his game to include the mid range jumper. That's the one area that he needs to develop if he is going to take his game to the next level.
Once he gets confidence in the mid range game watch out, he's going to be a major hand full, more then he already is.

He might be a loyal guy but I don't think you can fault a guy if he takes a huge payday if your school isn't willing to get close. Not fair to the guy either in that case.

So you're saying Owen isn't getting any NIL money? I'm guessing he could easily command $500K per year on the open market. Good to know family doesn't need it & he's motivated to stay a Hawk. But I'd be shocked if he isn't receiving NIL money while at Iowa

Reactions: doughuddl2
Owen rarely took a shot away from the basket playing for Moline, I couldn't tell you how many he made, but it wasn't very many.
Layups, dunks, free throws, rebounds and defense is getting Owen Big Ten attention, but he need to expand his game to include the mid range jumper. That's the one area that he needs to develop if he is going to take his game to the next level.
Once he gets confidence in the mid range game watch out, he's going to be a major hand full, more then he already is.
Mid range shots are the worst shots in Bball, unless it's when shot clock is expiring. He really needs to be a three point threat, a 3 level scorer if he wants a shot at the NBA.

So you're saying Owen isn't getting any NIL money? I'm guessing he could easily command $500K per year on the open market. Good to know family doesn't need it & he's motivated to stay a Hawk. But I'd be shocked if he isn't receiving NIL money while at Iowa
He's getting NIL money, he just doesn't need to jump to the NBA after this season or next.
As I said, Owen and Brock what to be in the class that takes Iowa past the first week of the NCAA tournament. If you all want to fret about the possibility that Freeman many leave Iowa early, knock yourself out.

In today's 88-86 OT win vs Wisconsin,

Owen's Stats:

38 min (of 45 possible)

6-6 (100%) FGs
8-11 (72%) FTs

20 Points
12 Rebounds (3 Offensive)
6 Assists
4 Blocks

2 Steals

4 Fouls

His shot blocking is impressive. I think he had 4 the last game as well. Not many guys under 7 foot block that many.

I had to look it up. Owen has had 11 blocks in this last 3 games (4 today, 3 at MD, 4 vs MN).

when's the last time we had a rim protector like this?

love that he's doing better at staying out of foul trouble, too

I think Ladji is going to develop into a helluva rim protector, as well

Like Fran said after the game " Owen has a bag"
He has some great traits:
Quick 1st step
Quick jumper off floor
Great hands
Good handle
Uses both hands
Good length
Work ethic

He seems like the kind of player like Luka and Keegan, who will keep adding to his game every game and year. Hope we get to watch him for 4 years.

I had to look it up. Owen has had 11 blocks in this last 3 games (4 today, 3 at MD, 4 vs MN).

when's the last time we had a rim protector like this?

love that he's doing better at staying out of foul trouble, too

I think Ladji is going to develop into a helluva rim protector, as well
Best shot blocker since Eric Hansen.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Owen earned B1G Freshman of the Year with that block of Cam Christie out on the wing in the final minute

Those blocks at the 3pt line are really rare and Christie is tall guard. It was so funny to see Christie continue to think his shot hadn't been blocked and trying to follow it to the rim..

Freeman has a knack for blocking shots. Reminds me of Uthoff in his uncanny ability to block shots but Freeman is stronger, taller, and doing it vs bigs and guards.

Hopefully Iowa's NIL situation is good enough to keep players. Join the swarm---yes I did my part and joined.

Can thank all the “free market” folks who clamored for this junk. You knew it would grow beyond just players doing commercials and signing autographs.

NIL is a joke and has ruined college sports. I said what I said.
Yeah, I always thought it was silly that a player couldn't make a penny off their name under the old system, but I'm not a fan of what this has turned into, either. Seems like there needs to be a happy medium somewhere in all of this.

Yeah, I always thought it was silly that a player couldn't make a penny off their name under the old system, but I'm not a fan of what this has turned into, either. Seems like there needs to be a happy medium somewhere in all of this.
Would have been fine if they would regulate it. NIL is buying players when that never should have been the case. I’m fine with players making money of their name but when you have people literally paying them to come play that a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT