ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

As I was watching the replays today I was thinking that for the first time Spencer looked just as big as his opponents. And serious power in those legs as well as elsewhere.
I thought the same thing! He’s looking jacked right now! I’m sure finally being healthy has given him time to put some muscle on and cut down. Looks like a man on a mission.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Spencer & TnT have taken a lot of heat over the years. So happy for them that all of the difficult decisions re: his health are paying off. No matter the outcome tomorrow(Spencer by 100, clearly), he is in the best possible position to become Olympic Champ.

Kudos to Basch for posting this:

Time in the Cesspool isn't exactly a mistake.
It's more of a chance to see if I have the mental power to survive there.
soldier survive GIF

Reactions: pink shizzle
spencers gonna get ****ed up tomorrow but happy to finally see him healthy
I would put $100 on that to wrestling for life.
Higuchi has never wrestled Spencer. Spencer is not Darian Cruz.
When you say F'ed up, how many points are you giving me?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
You mean like Olympic silver medalist and world champion, Thomas Gilman? . . . that he beat twice?

Gilman wasn't an Olympic Silver Medalist, he won a Bronze in Tokyo. Higuchi was the Silver Medalist in Rio so I'd still give him the edge between the two. Too bad they don't have any head to head results I can find.

A few pictures and some updates from day one. This is the perfect city to host the Olympics. Everything is super easy to navigate, people are very friendly, food is beyond description, and USA is doing pretty damn well so far. Spencer looks completely dialed in mentally, and his body language in the arena is a calm type of ferocious. Cannot wait until tomorrow night.

Tough semi matches for AB and Helen, but I really like both of their chances to medal tomorrow. Helen getting a third medal would be incredible to watch; she's high on my list of all-time favorite American wrestlers.

We all know how unique our small wrestling community is, but it has been especially cool to interact with everyone at the pinnacle event in the sport. In this small of a setting, you run into a lot of folks, especially when you're wearing HWC gear. We chatted at various lengths today with the Marinellis, Terry, Beatty, Kemerer, Perez Perez, PK, Larry Lee, and Strittmatter. Good number of other current and former Hawks in town as well including the legend Royce Alger. All of them awesome, down to earth, good people.

The international aspect is awesome too--everyone giving a standing O for the medalists regardless of country, Ukrainian bronze medalist in GR leaving his shoes on the mat to minutes of straight applause and cheering, yelling in celebration with your neighbors even though none of you understands the other's language. This is the best of what sports can be. Can't recommend strongly enough getting to the Olympic games in your lifetime if you can swing it (LA 2028!). It's been the experience of a lifetime for me.

Anyway, some pictures to end this way too long post:

Last edited:
Gilman wasn't an Olympic Silver Medalist, he won a Bronze in Tokyo. Higuchi was the Silver Medalist in Rio so I'd still give him the edge between the two. Too bad they don't have any head to head results I can find.
Yeah, I must have been editing my post the same time you were posting this.

I remember Lee being down and almost out in one of his junior world title matches. Then Lee grabbed another gear and took away the victory late.

Let's hope Lee gets that early lead however..

IIRC, he went to the Olympics with Dan Dennis, got home for a day and got back on the plane to fly into Paris. That was a crazy ending. His opponent looked like he had his wife and kids waiting with a cooler full of beer in the parking lot in an old IROC.

While the Bulg may not have a Greek God body like Brooks, you can tell he is damn strong. And 31 years old. The first takedown the Bulg got was kind of impressive and simple. AB on a single, actually looks like he is in an good spot, but Bulg just heavy hips and presses down on the head and makes AB bail. So simple in a world semis match.

The passivity warning was not a bad call, but I guess it's a call that maybe not all officials make in that moment for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I imagine that Spencer is much physically stronger that Higuchi.

I also imagine Spencer will have to be as quick and nimble as ever if the best Higuchi shows up. Which maybe makes it a tough match because Lee is almost everything except super fast.

I imagine that Spencer is much physically stronger that Higuchi.

I also imagine Spencer will have to be as quick and nimble as ever if the best Higuchi shows up. Which maybe makes it a tough match because Lee is almost everything except super fast.
Lee is very fast but seemingly not as fast as the Chinese and Jap(anese) wrestlers

i probably missed this, but who is the dude in the greenish shirt as spencer walked off the stage/mat after his 2nd match?

He was sort of nodding his head in a "hell yes" way as spencer walked by...

I hope AB addresses his faith in his interview so I can come back here, post it, and then proceed to tell you to shove it up your ass.
Sorry bible beater, they don’t interview the loser. But i noticed you failing to mention the “praising the lord” bullsh*t didn’t appear in defeat.

Sorry bible beater, they don’t interview the loser. But i noticed you failing to mention the “praising the lord” bullsh*t didn’t appear in defeat.
Shut up idiot. No one wants to hear your hate. Can you not comprehend this is a wrestling thread?
Duhh, gee Tennessee, no one told me.
Dumbass!
Grow up!
Are you so shallow that you can't comprehend that two wrestlers who believe in God cant both win? Lol
Gods web is waaay beyond your comprehension.
How pathetic.
Way beyond mine too, at least I'm not such a narcissist that I can admit it.
You know for certain God doesn't exist?.
Enlighten me oh intellectual.
Yeah, I'm guilty for responding.
Tired of you dumb ****s.
Shut the **** up and stop ruining the threads with your hate!!

Last edited:
Shut up idiot. No one wants to hear your hate. Can you not comprehend this is a wrestling thread?
Duhh, gee Tennessee, no one told me.
Dumbass!
Grow up!
Are you so shallow that you can't comprehend that two wrestlers who believe in God cant both win? Lol
Gods web is waaay beyond your comprehension.
How pathetic.
Way beyond mine too, at least I'm not such a narcissist that I can admit it.
You know for certain God doesn't exist?.
Enlighten me oh intellectual.
Yeah, I'm guilty for responding.
Tired of you dumb ****s.
Shut the **** up and stop ruining the threads with your hate!!
Such godly words from a godly man. Do you have a JESUS headband too?

• Wow
Reactions: foxb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT