ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Lugo?

Guys, we all know things change in recruiting. Let's just let it go. As the great Terry Brands once said:

giphy.gif

I am going to stick with Pyles and his d1 coaching texting buddy on this. I mean why would a coach from another team have any reason to send such a text unless it was true.

You are going to stick with a journalist as opoosed to what you saw with your eyes yesterday? Quality journalism, based on fact, died about a decade ago. My vision is still 20/15.

You are going to stick with a journalist as opoosed to what you saw with your eyes yesterday? Quality journalism, based on fact, died about a decade ago. My vision is still 20/15.

I don't think cheering for him at a tourney is rock solid evidence he's coming to Iowa. Is there supporting info or rumors?

"I don't think cheering for him at a tourney is rock solid evidence he's coming to Iowa. Is there supporting info or rumors?"

The only rock solid evidence is when they sign an LOI.

Coaches wont comment on potential recruits at all... heck even when a potential recruit says they are coming--it has changed in the past.

Going to be a long wait until November:)

"I don't think cheering for him at a tourney is rock solid evidence he's coming to Iowa. Is there supporting info or rumors?"

The only rock solid evidence is when they sign an LOI.

Coaches wont comment on potential recruits at all... heck even when a potential recruit says they are coming--it has changed in the past.

Going to be a long wait until November:)

Huh? Lugo is a potential transfer not a recruit. He doesn't sign (another) LOI and will need to decide before November.

Reactions: edquinn06
<<Huh? Lugo is a potential transfer not a recruit. He doesn't sign (another) LOI and will need to decide before November.>>

Ok-- they dont comment on potential transfers either --and yes you are correct on the rest.

<<Huh? Lugo is a potential transfer not a recruit. He doesn't sign (another) LOI and will need to decide before November.>>

Ok-- they dont comment on potential transfers either --and yes you are correct on the rest.

Correct. But athletes announce and media covers, like they did the other day. Wasn't even looking for that level of commitment, just a comment from a credible source or rumor would suffice.

Maybe Pyles ends up being wrong, but what is he supposed to do? Not tell us what he gets from sources? I've never thought of him as the guy to just throw BS out there for no reason.
He could not act like there is no shot at Iowa getting someone because a coach from another team, that most likely does not know the whole situation, texts him.

Possible scenario. Lugo was visiting somewhere else and they are shat talking Iowa like usual and Lugo probably just goes along with it and that coach thinks promising things. Lugo goes home and thinks that coach was a tool.

He could not act like there is no shot at Iowa getting someone because a coach from another team, that most likely does not know the whole situation, texts him.

Possible scenario. Lugo was visiting somewhere else and they are shat talking Iowa like usual and Lugo probably just goes along with it and that coach thinks promising things. Lugo goes home and thinks that coach was a tool.

Also a possible scenario: The coach is right, and Lugo isn't coming.

So what happens if Lugo doesn't come? Is Pyles right then? There's no way to know. He can only report his sources. We all talk constantly about wanting to know more inside stuff, but if it's not something we want to hear we call the reporter a liar.

There's a video that Flo posted on Instagram of Gilman's winning takedown. In the front row of the stands, Lugo, Marinelli and M* are all sitting together and cheering Gilman. Sure looks like he's leaning Iowa...

There's a video that Flo posted on Instagram of Gilman's winning takedown. In the front row of the stands, Lugo, Marinelli and M* are all sitting together and cheering Gilman. Sure looks like he's leaning Iowa...

If Pyles is wrong, he's wrong. It's a big addition for Iowa, even though I'm a little leery about it if he's really leaving because he doesn't like his results. Edinboro and Flynn are proven producers of college talent. His failure to make the podium thusfar seem more likely to be something he needs to address within himself. Not sure how that attitude would go over with the Brands brothers.

Also a possible scenario: The coach is right, and Lugo isn't coming.

So what happens if Lugo doesn't come? Is Pyles right then? There's no way to know. He can only report his sources. We all talk constantly about wanting to know more inside stuff, but if it's not something we want to hear we call the reporter a liar.
Just Stop. Your schtick gets real old. And Pyles would still be a tool for having to let everyone know D1 coaches text him.

How is this blindly? You would have to be blind to not think Iowa was the front runner right now.

Because he's sitting with them? Then what if he doesn't come? Does that mean you're wrong now? Or are you right regardless of what actually happens?

Vak is one of only a handful that brings me to this board. He is one of if not THE most interesting and informative guys you have here.

That's just truth Don...

Reactions: hawknut
Because he's sitting with them? Then what if he doesn't come? Does that mean you're wrong now? Or are you right regardless of what actually happens?
Dude. He is right. It certainly looks like he is gonna be a hawk. Only a moron wouldn't see that. Is it a lock? Close but I suppose not. If he ultimately doesn't become a hawk he is still right that all signs point to him being a hawk. How do you not see that? Are you purposely being obtuse?

Reactions: DirkTang1
Dude. He is right. It certainly looks like he is gonna be a hawk. Only a moron wouldn't see that. Is it a lock? Close but I suppose not. If he ultimately doesn't become a hawk he is still right that all signs point to him being a hawk. How do you not see that? Are you purposely being obtuse?

You choose to believe him sitting with people is the answer. I choose to believe a wrestling media member who has more inside sources than you, me, or anyone on this forum. However you want to cut it, "all signs" do not point towards it. The signs you choose to believe point towards it, and you're disregarding anything else. It is what it is. Onward and upward, I suppose.

You choose to believe him sitting with people is the answer. I choose to believe a wrestling media member who has more inside sources than you, me, or anyone on this forum. However you want to cut it, "all signs" do not point towards it. The signs you choose to believe point towards it, and you're disregarding anything else. It is what it is. Onward and upward, I suppose.
Actions speak louder than words. You have the actions of the HWC members, you have the actions of Lugo, then you have the second hand words of a anonymous random coach. Trust what you want. I guess what seems obvious and logical that me doesn't to everyone.

Reactions: ih8iast8
Actions speak louder than words. You have the actions of the HWC members, you have the actions of Lugo, then you have the second hand words of a anonymous random coach. Trust what you want. I guess what seems obvious and logical that me doesn't to everyone.

The actions are not direct comments. Maybe he's friends with Marinelli and doesn't have any other personal friends in Lincoln right now? The words from a pretty in-the-know media source directly address the situation. Maybe he ends up being wrong, but the bottom line is you have to interpret the actions to apply them to his transfer situation, you do not have to do any interpretation of the words; they are what they are.

whats your point he's not coming or he's got a bad attitude and won't hack it.

I don't think its a lock but the signs of Lugo being a hawk are definitely there. I'll elaborate from what I've seen at JR WTTs.
1. Multiple occasions of Brands, Morningstar, Berhow sitting with and talking to Lugos parents/coaches in the stands.
2. All HWC/Hawkeye wrestlers were intently watching Lugos matches, and cheering him on.
3. Saw McD giving Lugo a talk when he was cooling down in the back of the tunnel after one of his matches.
4. Saw Berhow give Lugo a high five before his challenge finals match with Berge.
5. Saw Lugo sitting with multiple members of the team on plenty of different occasions, including with Marinelli for the entirety of the first SR WTTs session.

I don't know if it will ever materialize, but I think theres a very good chance it will happen. My personal opinion is the Hawkeye team and coaches wouldn't just be doing this if they thought he'd be going somewhere else, seems like they're trying to make him feel like hes part of the team, even if it's not official yet. Part of the reason things are being delayed is because I have heard (from a very reliable source) that he's having trouble with his release from Edinboro, and that is delaying his announcement of where he'll be transferring (whether it's Iowa or elsewhere).

The actions are not direct comments. Maybe he's friends with Marinelli and doesn't have any other personal friends in Lincoln right now? The words from a pretty in-the-know media source directly address the situation. Maybe he ends up being wrong, but the bottom line is you have to interpret the actions to apply them to his transfer situation, you do not have to do any interpretation of the words; they are what they are.

Dude. You are a good poster, but you are really reaching here.

whats your point he's not coming or he's got a bad attitude and won't hack it.

I don't know either way on either front. I just trust CP and don't think he has any reason to put out a report like that for no reason at all.

The point about his "attitude" is admittedly based on supposition and unsourced reports that are out there about why he's leaving. If those are true, do you think that's a "winner's" mentality? Do you think that type of stuff wold fly with Tom and Terry, who are all about personal accountability? To blame a proven coaching staff for your own failures? Again, to be fair, these are just based on rumors that are out there and what's been said, as opposed to a direct report, but they are definitely out there and widespread.

Dude. You are a good poster, but you are really reaching here.

I'm sure many feel that way. That's fine. I just have my own opinion on the subject. Obviously I'm in the minority on this board.

Heard Edinboro is holding up the release.

That's a weird thing since I didn't think they could have much say so, since Lugo has a RS available.

Vak. How about this. I will put my money where my mouth is. How about a $100 donation to the HWC. If he ends up a Hawk you donate $100 to the HWC. I will even give you 2 to 1 odds. If he goes elsewhere I will donate $200 to the HWC.

I'm sure many feel that way. That's fine. I just have my own opinion on the subject. Obviously I'm in the minority on this board.

That's a weird thing since I didn't think they could have much say so, since Lugo has a RS available.
One full year of eligibility

Believe it or not, don't care.

Reactions: DirkTang1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT