ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Lugo?

Could happen. Earlier this spring, they flipped a kid from Wisconsin /LaCrosse to ISU. KD has recruiting momentum.

They can have all the UW Lacrosse kids they'd like. Would hardly call that momentum, but I guess anything is momentum from previous years. I call it leftovers

They can have all the UW Lacrosse kids they'd like. Would hardly call that momentum, but I guess anything is momentum from previous years. I call it leftovers
Vega, Gomez, Simmons Parker, Storr, Coleman, Colbray, Harrington, Gremmel, ETC our all very good recruits. I would call that momentum, plus now they have coaches in the room to develope them.

:p He must be new here.
I'm not an ISU basher, but what momentum? They lost the number 1 kid in the country in J. Verk for this year's incoming class and who have they signed to take his place? I agree with the post that the guys listed were already in the room. Once all of the flash bulbs go off and the talk about beating Penn State stops, which is simply marketing, because everyone knows that is a LONG time away, the reality sets in as to what has really happened to create momentum? Rather than talking about beating Penn State they better worry about beating Northern Iowa, Pitt and West Virginia unlike last year when all three of those programs beat them. I think when they can beat bad programs like WVU and Pitt then they can talk about real growth, but that is still to come. Right now the momentum is being created by the coaching hires, which are good, but again, I love Brent and am a super fan of him as a wrestler, but he has yet to coach a college dual yet and has no real coaching experience. Time will tell how good of a college coach he is going to be and whether or not he can take the hard knocks of recruiting, because not all great athletes make great coaches. I agree with the posts stating that a million dollars was raised, so that is great fundraising momentum, so I give them that one, but while the coaching hires created excitement and raised money, momentum is something that is sustained, tangible and measurable progress over time and I haven't seen it yet.

I have always liked making fun of iowa state but that turned to frustration when their program started swan diving in the wrong direction. I would rather have isu be respectable and a worthy rivalry when I heckle them about things. Thats just the way I feel about it anyway!

<<Huh? Lugo is a potential transfer not a recruit. He doesn't sign (another) LOI and will need to decide before November.>>

Ok-- they dont comment on potential transfers either --and yes you are correct on the rest.
They are not allowed to discuss any transfer or recruit until they sign a LOI per NCAA rules and regulations

Any news here? Been quiet for a few days. Just wondering....
When KJ Pilcher ran the story on Lugos potential interest in Iowa it was June 14th and Lugo was quoted from the story saying this:

---
He said he wants to make a decision soon.

“I’ll give it a week ...,” Lugo said. “Probably a week or so. The most is two weeks. No longer than that.”
---
So sounds like we will hear by the 28th, at the latest, assuming things haven't changed in some dramatic way since the release of that article.

When KJ Pilcher ran the story on Lugos potential interest in Iowa it was June 14th and Lugo was quoted from the story saying this:

---
He said he wants to make a decision soon.

“I’ll give it a week ...,” Lugo said. “Probably a week or so. The most is two weeks. No longer than that.”
---
So sounds like we will hear by the 28th, at the latest, assuming things haven't changed in some dramatic way since the release of that article.
The date (28 June) is somewhat significant since official contacts/visits by the coaching staff starts 1 July. It's possible that whomever the coaches contact is impacted by whether Lugo chooses the Hawks.

The date (28 June) is somewhat significant since official contacts/visits by the coaching staff starts 1 July. It's possible that whomever the coaches contact is impacted by whether Lugo chooses the Hawks.
Good observation, I'm sure most programs (that are being considered by him) would like Lugos decision prior to July 1st so they know if they need to recruit a 149 lber or not.

Hopefully none of our high school recruiting targets for 149 are scared away by Lugo's interest in Iowa (and right now seems a very good chance he'll sign with the Hawks). Even if Lugo comes to Iowa City, it will be for only 2-3 years, and then the young recruit will step right in (Sasso, Rider, etc.). Am I thinking the right way about this?

Hopefully none of our high school recruiting targets for 149 are scared away by Lugo's interest in Iowa (and right now seems a very good chance he'll sign with the Hawks). Even if Lugo comes to Iowa City, it will be for only 2-3 years, and then the young recruit will step right in (Sasso, Rider, etc.). Am I thinking the right way about this?
Possible that a top recruit could come in and beat out Lugo for a spot too, nothing is given, only earned.

If a recruit is scared by Lugo's presence, then they probably shouldn't be coming to Iowa in the first place.

I like that option, but also was impressed with the video of Turk sparring with Dan Dennis, so am anxious to see what Turk brings to the lineup.
Saw Turk was in a finger splint today. I hope it isn't to serious. I also am excited to see he and a few others on the team fight for 41 this year.

Saw Turk was in a finger splint today. I hope it isn't to serious. I also am excited to see he and a few others on the team fight for 41 this year.
Darn that Turk sure has injury shit happen to him. He must be a wreckless one lol

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT