ADVERTISEMENT

Please advise

jellyfish10

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2009
I have been single for some time now. I had hoped to reconcile with a no pic x but apparently that ship has sailed. I’m in my late 40’s have no desire to use an app to meet a potential partner.

My no pic neighbor is roughly my age, smart, social and quite attractive. Since I know that any chance of reconciliation with my x is essentially gone, I have thought about asking this woman to go for a walk, meet for a drink, etc. Here’s the rub, in my limited experience with her, she never shuts up. She was walking her dogs this morning, she saw me and stopped to chat. She talked for a half hour straight without taking a breath and the majority of the time, I had no clue wtf she was talking about.

So do I ask her to do something in hopes she has a different gear? Do I continue to wait for my x? Or do I move along and hope the right person is out there?

I’m expecting some well thought out, rational, sound advice from you knuckle dragging trogs. TIA.

Do you have a local watering hole near your house? Like walking distance?

If so, next time you see her, tell her you’re planning on walking up there later and see if she wants to go. Then you can assess her in another venue and it’s still casual. Maybe she’s so chatty when your cross paths because she’s trying to be chatty in a limited window.

Might be a bit of a red flag, eh?

This is superficial, but attraction is a component to a partnership IMO. I’m guessing if she wasn’t attractive I wouldn’t be asking the questionThe "not shutting up" deal is a big
Big red flag. If it bothers you now, I suspect you're ready for an ice pick in the ear after the shiny new toy phase wears off.

Might be a bit of a red flag, eh?

This is superficial, but attraction is a component to a partnership IMO. I’m guessing if she wasn’t attractive I wouldn’t be asking the question.

It’s a huge red flag. However, invite her over for a beer some night. Keep it more friendly just to kind of see how it goes. Have a beer or 2 and she drives you crazy, well, that would be the end. OTOH, maybe she chills out and a couple beers turn into a shagging. What’s the harm?

Do you have a local watering hole near your house? Like walking distance?

If so, next time you see her, tell her you’re planning on walking up there later and see if she wants to go. Then you can assess her in another venue and it’s still casual. Maybe she’s so chatty when your cross paths because she’s trying to be chatty in a limited window.
Yes sir a couple of them. That is a good idea. Thank you.

I have been single for some time now. I had hoped to reconcile with a no pic x but apparently that ship has sailed. I’m in my late 40’s have no desire to use an app to meet a potential partner.

My no pic neighbor is roughly my age, smart, social and quite attractive. Since I know that any chance of reconciliation with my x is essentially gone, I have thought about asking this woman to go for a walk, meet for a drink, etc. Here’s the rub, in my limited experience with her, she never shuts up. She was walking her dogs this morning, she saw me and stopped to chat. She talked for a half hour straight without taking a breath and the majority of the time, I had no clue wtf she was talking about.

So do I ask her to do something in hopes she has a different gear? Do I continue to wait for my x? Or do I move along and hope the right person is out there?

I’m expecting some well thought out, rational, sound advice from you knuckle dragging trogs. TIA
No pics, no advice. Now GTFO NOOB.

I’m expecting some well thought out, rational, sound advice from you knuckle dragging trogs. TIA.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Reactions: SolarHawk

She (neighbor) likes you
She's nervous around you and is afraid of uncomfortable silence.

Sounds like you need to find somebody that doesn't speak english, give it a few years and you'll have your pick of Russian widows

Ask her out for a cup of coffee already. If she never shuts up while talking to you that might have been a cue. If it wasn’t. Oh, well out a 10 dollars. Cheap date.

Last edited:
Reactions: jellyfish10
Ask her out for a cup of coffee already. If she never shuts up while talking to you that might have been a cue. If it wasn’t. Oh, well out a 10 dollars. Cheap date.
Leaded for him in case he gets to take her to pound town and unleaded for her unless it helps get her all hoped up to suck his D then take it in the bung! JK

You’re already not listening to her and you haven’t even been on a date.

hmm, sounds like she wants to doggy style, thrust out, thrust in, pay for play, also might be interested in a 3 way with you and the boy.

I say go for it.
Lol. Most of the women I meet anymore want to fvck my son, not me so much.

Based on her chattiness, she’s likely fond of you and comfortable in your presence already, that’s half the battle.

Keep it casual, but maybe your move is telling her you’re cooking a dish you’re particularly proud of and you’d like her opinion of it, or you always make too much of it you can’t possibly eat it all, would you help me out here, I hate to see it go to waste. Pair it with a nice wine and some nice conversation and go from there.

If things really click and things progress over time then you can eventually disclose your earlier ploy and you’re just more than 24K golden.

Assuming here of course you’re a competent enough cook with a dish that will impress her. You probably have something up your sleeve in that regard.

Good luck and if it gets to terminal velocity, I expect an invite to the wedding.

Keep it casual, but maybe your move is telling her you’re cooking a dish you’re particularly proud of and you’d like her opinion of it, or you always make too much of it you can’t possibly eat it all, would you help me out here, I hate to see it go to waste. Pair it with a nice wine and some nice conversation and go from there.
Or a straight forward approach "Would you like to come over for dinner sometime? I could cook you my famous dish."

Can I ask why you don't want to use the apps?
Yeah sure. Just having friends my age that have gone through divorce, people (men and women) lie their asses off to get laid. It is so phony. I have no desire to pretend I’m something I’m not for sex. I’m at a point where I’m looking for a relationship, not meaningless sex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT