ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts.....

And yet, you are always quick to jump in and trash anyone who offers criticism. Ironic.

That being said, I won't play your game anymore. You think you are always right, and it is a waste of time trying to argue with you. I'll let you have the last word so you can think you "won" something.
What's this, the fifth time you've said this to me?

Get over yourself lol

I'm not going to bitch after a win. First of all, I actually LIKED what Iowa did on the first series of the game with a new QB with zero game experience. Thats the kind of offense you can build off of in the future, all you need is the athletes to do it.

That said, Kentucky has a really good defense, although I'm not sure Iowa's offense didn't have something to do with it. They never did get the run game going.

Overall, my only quibble is that Castro or X wasn't the game MVP, although CDJ played a great.

There's wanting a decent offense, and then there's wanting the offense to be bad so they can bitch. A lot of people on here are the latter.

There's not wanting to to criticize, and there's being so upset by criticism that instead of talking about the game you just want to bitch about other posters.

Iowa's defense was as good as they get.

Iowa's offense was as bad as they can get.

I saw some talent in Labas, and some hope for the future. But not with our existing OC. Is that even arguable?

1. Labas played well considering it was his first action, and against a quality defense. It is glaringly obvious he should have been given a chance early this season.

2. Defense.......'nuff said!

3. Castro, X-man, and Cooper......the future looks bright!

4. I know the Sunshine Club won't like this, but I have to say it. Brian needs to go. Period. End of story. He is a terrible, terrible, terrible OC. His playcalling today was awful. Yeah yeah yeah.....the o-line is bad. But Labas proved today there are ways to minimize that.
Spot on - agreed on all points! Don’t forget about special teams as well!

Reactions: 83Hawk
There's wanting a decent offense, and then there's wanting the offense to be bad so they can bitch. A lot of people on here are the latter.
Seriously? Get over yourself. People wouldn’t be on here if they weren’t fans. You know what’s amazing? We have a D coordinator who continues to coach up guys who were QB’s in high school like Castro or then the occasional 4 star like X who the minute he hits the field is ready because of coaching. Why can we at least not be competent or expect something similar on offense? Why don’t you ask your supposed friends who are at practice?

There's not wanting to to criticize, and there's being so upset by criticism that instead of talking about the game you just want to bitch about other posters.
There's wanting to criticize, and there's being upset that other people aren't criticizing as much as you. The biggest problem with message boards in general is people get more upset over what isn't said than what is.

I saw some talent in Labas, and some hope for the future. But not with our existing OC. Is that even arguable?
No, and I already said as much.

Seriously? Get over yourself. People wouldn’t be on here if they weren’t fans. You know what’s amazing? We have a D coordinator who continues to coach up guys who were QB’s in high school like Castro or then the occasional 4 star like X who the minute he hits the field is ready because of coaching. Why can we at least not be competent or expect something similar on offense? Why don’t you ask your supposed friends who are at practice?
Are you really asking why we can't find an all-world WR coach on a whim? Because that would be Phil Parker's equivalent. Those coaches don't grow on trees and they don't stick around at places like Iowa for long.

Another start would to have some form of continuity in the room instead of tons of injuries and transfers.

Are you really asking why we can't find an all-world WR coach on a whim? Because that would be Phil Parker's equivalent. Those coaches don't grow on trees and they don't stick around at places like Iowa for long.

Another start would to have some form of continuity in the room instead of tons of injuries and transfers.
Don’t think I’m talking about a WR coach Frosty.

That's just ridiculous. People want a good offense. Period. It's been worse than shitty the past 2 years.
No shit. I'm not disputing that. But you can tell who wants that to actually be better and who just wants to bitch based on how quickly they're back to pissing and moaning not even an hour after a bowl win.

Nobody wants the offense to be bad so they can bitch!!!! They want a good offense. Your argument is beyond ludicrous!!
Holy shit try reading, that's not what I said.

There's an element of the Iowa fanbase that will NEVER be happy no matter how many points we score or games we win. It's useless listening to them or trying to cater to them because they're miserable people.

• Haha
Reactions: coorsoriginal02
1. It was really obvious after the first series that it was going to be really really hard for Kentucky to do anything offensively. The Iowa defense knew it and just sat back and waited for the mistakes. And they made them. It was a good thing overall to win the game, but a bad thing for us fans that wanted to see some offense. It was way too easy to go in conservation mode, play defense and special teams and squeeze the life out of them.
2. Labas looked ok, didn't look rattled or nervous, but didn't do too much either. Nice to see him run a little bit, but, he also missed all of his second level throws. Still, I say he was better than Padilla and should have been 2nd string at worst this season.
3. Only one deep look, to Lachey, and nothing much to the WR's except for the nice catch by Nico. Painfully obvious there is no field stretcher on this roster right now. No Brecht? No Bostik?
4. O line did look better in my eyes. Exchange not an issue and no real showing of ineptness. Admit the bar is pretty low for this group, I give them a C-. Kentucky has a really good defense and they were pretty much at full strength.
5. Pretty boring game overall but the blueprint for Iowa success.
6. Need playmakers asap as we don't have anyone that can win in space.

1. It was really obvious after the first series that it was going to be really really hard for Kentucky to do anything offensively. The Iowa defense knew it and just sat back and waited for the mistakes. And they made them. It was a good thing overall to win the game, but a bad thing for us fans that wanted to see some offense. It was way too easy to go in conservation mode, play defense and special teams and squeeze the life out of them.
2. Labas looked ok, didn't look rattled or nervous, but didn't do too much either. Nice to see him run a little bit, but, he also missed all of his second level throws. Still, I say he was better than Padilla and should have been 2nd string at worst this season.
3. Only one deep look, to Lachey, and nothing much to the WR's except for the nice catch by Nico. Painfully obvious there is no field stretcher on this roster right now. No Brecht? No Bostik?
4. O line did look better in my eyes. Exchange not an issue and no real showing of ineptness. Admit the bar is pretty low for this group, I give them a C-. Kentucky has a really good defense and they were pretty much at full strength.
5. Pretty boring game overall but the blueprint for Iowa success.
6. Need playmakers asap as we don't have anyone that can win in space.
Pretty sure Labas only attempted 3 passes deeper than 10 yards all game.

Bad miss to LaPorta
Great catch by Ragaini
Slight overthrow to Lachey

You're correct that they clearly didn't ask him to do much.

Reactions: natchrlman
Guys, just ignore Frosty. He’s a fvcking troll, good grief. I think Labas played very well for his first start against a good defense. We will never know for sure, but I think based on KF history with the QB position, once again he was playing the far inferior player at the position. I’m so fvcking sick of this shit. I know we are stuck with KF for at least a couple more years, so best to just accept it. Really can’t wait for a new regime to take the reigns.

Guys, just ignore Frosty. He’s a fvcking troll, good grief. I think Labas played very well for his first start against a good defense. We will never know for sure, but I think based on KF history with the QB position, once again he was playing the far inferior player at the position. I’m so fvcking sick of this shit. I know we are stuck with KF for at least a couple more years, so best to just accept it. Really can’t wait for a new regime to take the reigns.
"everyone who disagrees with me is a troll hurrr"

Reactions: natchrlman

I have to admit, I’m a little happy that Labas didn’t come out and light it up, and give Kirk some excuse to not make the major changes on offense we all know is badly overdue. It will now be VERY difficult for Kirk to say that shouldn’t include staffing changes as well.

My issue with OP and others on the board is that they’re inventing fantasy posters that don’t exist, but in their minds have been arguing Brian should be retained as OC. By now, that’s 99.999% of the fan base that agrees on that.

It was a stretch to make that argument after last year, it’s impossible now.

I am just curious, can you explain why the play calling was bad? Or are you just upset that Iowa cannot gain yards and score??

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
I have to admit, I’m a little happy that Labas didn’t come out and light it up, and give Kirk some excuse to not make the major changes on offense we all know is badly overdue. It will now be VERY difficult for Kirk to say that shouldn’t include staffing changes as well.

My issue with OP and others on the board is that they’re inventing fantasy posters that don’t exist, but in their minds have been arguing Brian should be retained as OC. By now, that’s 99.999% of the fan base that agrees on that.

It was a stretch to make that argument after last year, it’s impossible now.
You're just shilling for Frosty!!

I put him on ignore. I got tired of his schtick.

GOOD.
Great win for the team! I'm happy for all the guys that gave us everything this season. SP, you are a man and will be a success anywhere you go beyond football. Too many others that were outstanding this year despite circumstances that were extremely challenging. These players deserve better.

BAD.
I've not been real vocal in calling for Brian's head because I thought the outside stuff would eventually take care of that for us but...with what I'm hearing that might not be the case. I listened to his pre-game radio interview this morning...I was dumbfounded by what he said and the way he thinks and communicates. I just don't think he's very smart. He appears to work hard and he's had the benefit of great training/great mentors/great opportunity yet he still lacks polish and just doesn't seem to get it. He's an experienced and adequate football mind but he doesn't have a great sense of awareness or vision and he is not a leader. He needs to move on. If he returns next season in any capacity it will be to the detriment of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT