ADVERTISEMENT

Power 5 teams w/ the Longest Drought of not Winning 9 Games in the Regular Season

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Kirk Ferentz has won 9 games in the regular season 7 times in his 24 years so you won't find Iowa on this list.

Clown U football has been around since 1892. That's 131 years.

The 1906 Clown team went 9-1 and Clown fans were outraged that this was overlooked in the tweet that follows!

Note that Clown U played Coe & Des Moines on consecutive days.

So, it's a 117 year drought for Clown U instead of 131.

Still the worst drought in CFB by 10 years (Vandy is next with a 107 year drought).

Last edited:
How is Debbie not on that list?

In 2016 Little Debbie went 9-4 in the regular season & then lost in the Music City Bowl.

Here is Little Debbie's history since Frank Solich went 10-3 in 2003:

Bill Callahan (4 years)
2004: 5-6
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
Bo Pelini (7 years)
2008: 9-4
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
Mike Riley (3 years)
2015: 6-7
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
Scott Frost (4.25 years)
2018: 4-8
2019: 5-7
2020: 3-5
2021: 3-9
2022: 1-2 (fired on Sep 11, 2022)
Mickey Joseph, Interim Head Coach (.75 year)
2022: 3-6

In 2016 Little Debbie went 9-4 in the regular season & then lost in the Music City Bowl.

Here is Little Debbie's history since Frank Solich went 10-3 in 2003:

Bill Callahan (4 years)
2004: 5-6
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
Bo Pelini (7 years)
2008: 9-4
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
Mike Riley (3 years)
2015: 6-7
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
Scott Frost (4.25 years)
2018: 4-8
2019: 5-7
2020: 3-5
2021: 3-9
2022: 1-2 (fired on Sep 11, 2022)
Mickey Joseph, Interim Head Coach (.75 year)
2022: 3-6
Holy Suckville. That is an average of 3.8 wins per year over the past six years. If I was a Husker fan I would abandon my own message board and hand out happy stickers for a hobby as even more punishment.

Thread starts about ISU ends up about Nebraska, little bro Iowa gonna little bro.

Hey, sow lover.

The thread started discussing the Power 5 teams w/ the longest drought of not Winning 9 Games in the regular season. Little Debbie has a long history of failure so someone naturally asked about Little Debbie's streak and the question got answered.

Ok; go back to your sows; they miss you.

This thread started discussing the Power 5 teams w/ the longest drought of not Winning 9 Games in the regular season. Iowa has a long history of failure so someone naturally asked about Iowa’s streak and the question needs answered.
Looks like Iowa’s longest streak was 18 consecutive seasons. Iowa fans haven’t earned the right to mock any other teams.

Last edited:
Looks like Iowa’s longest streak was 18 consecutive seasons. Iowa fans haven’t earned the right to mock any other teams.
A. You're bad at math, so I'll give you another attempt at trolling Iowa fans with facts.

B. It looks like Nebraska’s longest skid is 59 consecutive years, which would appear to trump the alleged 18 years for Iowa............Nebraska loses again. ;)

C. Nebraska fans never earned the privilege to mock other fans. They do it anyways because because they're bitter, delusional people desperate for attention. :cool:

D. I can make this real personal for you very quickly if you wanna keep editing posts or just plain attempting to troll this message board in general. It's up to your ability to make poor life choices, especially if I'm basing that on the photos I see.............;)

Good luck!

A. You're bad at math, so I'll give you another attempt at trolling Iowa fans with facts.

B. It looks like Nebraska’s longest skid is 59 consecutive years, which would appear to trump the alleged 18 years for Iowa............Nebraska loses again. ;)

C. Nebraska fans never earned the privilege to mock other fans. They do it anyways because because they're bitter, delusional people desperate for attention. :cool:

D. I can make this real personal for you very quickly if you wanna keep editing posts or just plain attempting to troll this message board in general. It's up to your ability to make poor life choices, especially if I'm basing that on the photos I see.............;)

Good luck!
I will continue to do whatever I want and there’s nothing you can do about it.
It’s hilarious that you think you’re going to out someone on social media that doesn’t even have any accounts on social media.

I had the good grace to count Iowas streak starting when after 10 game seasons were the norm, but I’m used to Iowa fans and their cowardly ways.

I will continue to do whatever I want and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Oh, I think this and the other thread have proven otherwise....... :cool:
It’s hilarious that you think you’re going to out someone on social media that doesn’t even have any accounts on social media.
I'm paying for information.......but also I appreciate how worked up this has gotten you. You certainly deserve it. ;)

I had the good grace to count Iowas streak starting when after 10 game seasons were the norm, but I’m used to Iowa fans and their cowardly ways.
Lol, presenting you with facts is cowardly?...........

Besides, I asked you to check your math, not show me how limited your knowledge is on the history of CFB.

Of course laziness is becoming of a Nebraska fan, so I should've expected as such...........;)

You’re spending money to try and out a message board poster?? holy shit I own you fools. Iowa fans are pathetic trash.
Says the self declared beastiality fan. Obviously you want to be an Iowa fan and are in the closet. Your obsession with Iowa and complete ignorance of Nebraska football speaks volumes. Just go ahead and be an Iowa fan. You seem like you're headed that way.

Yet ISU fans insist that Iowa is only marginally better as a football program.

They really are quite delusional and disrespectful. Certainly, my hatred for ISU would be exponentially less if not for their fans
Good post, insert Iowa for ISU and those are my feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: jimbob22
Says the self declared beastiality fan. Obviously you want to be an Iowa fan and are in the closet. Your obsession with Iowa and complete ignorance of Nebraska football speaks volumes. Just go ahead and be an Iowa fan. You seem like you're headed that way.
Oh hell no, you people all act like miserable Idiots Out Wondering Around. No sane person would knowingly be a hawkeye fan.

Oh hell no, you people all act like miserable Idiots Out Wondering Around. No sane person would knowingly be a hawkeye fan.
Thats what you want us to think but it's obvious that you have an obsession with the Hawkeyes. You also lack any football knowledge whatsoever. Saying you don't know what offense or defense Rhule will likely run proves your ignorance. You seem to be drawn to the iowa board and, imo, have a desire to belong here. You make fun of iowa because you secretly want to root for a winning program that is respected across the country. I can't blame you. Given the choice of being a Nebraska fan or Iowa fan is an easy one to make. Black and gold is the only choice besides the academic difference and the beauty of the campus. I could go on but that is enough. Join the good guys. Be a Hawk fan.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
I'm surprised Iowa State hasn't hit the 9 mark. They've had some decent success lately under Campbell. Don't see them breaking the drought this season.
Now ISU fans ate back to touting themselves as a "basketball school" since Prohm has left.
Regarding the football program...a glimmer of hope for a year or two, but still one of the worst in D-1.

Reactions: Bishop1971
The 1906 Clown team went 9-1 and Clown fans are outraged that this was overlooked!

Note that they played Coe & Des Moines on consecutive days.

So, it's a 117 year drought instead of 131.

Still the worst drought in CFB by 10 years (Vandy is next with a 107 year drought)

F0IINQ8XsAwI-88

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT