ADVERTISEMENT

Power 5 teams w/ the Longest Drought of not Winning 9 Games in the Regular Season

Ha….English comprehension is not your strong suit.
Mmm no, my comprehension is just fine, lol.

It's not my fault you can't see the bigger picture, when it's your own words. I'd explain it to you, but I doubt you'd be able to keep up.......;)

And really let's be honest.................we both know you have no intention of going away on your own, (even though that would be ignoring the facts in those two conflicting statements you posted above, but then that's the thing about trolls...................logic is rarely at the forefront. :cool:)

You're fighting the good fight @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Here's some ammo in case he starts asking stupid questions:

Has Iowa beat a Nebraska team with a winning record? Yes, 2013 (finished 9-4), 1981 (finished 9-3).
Since 2000 Nebraska has drafted 77 players to the NFL, Iowa has drafted 85. We also have more first round picks.
Iowa and Nebraska are 9-9 since 1950.
Iowa owns Nebraska this century with 8 wins to 5 losses.
66% of Nebraska's wins against Iowa are during or before WWII.
Since joining the Big Ten, Nebraska is 10th in wins against Big Ten opponents behind Minnesota and Northwestern.

Keep up the good fight!
Even more recently, in 2016 Iowa beat #16 Nebraska 40-10. The Fuskers came into the game at 9-2 and with a win would have secured at least a tie for the B1G west title. That was Nebraska’s last winning season.

Can't you do your own research?

Pretty bush league to go to an opposing team's board and ask them to look things up for you.
Just curious, most of you seem to be experts on all things Nebraska football and Nebraska with a lossing record beat a Iowa team with a superior record and, at least according to Iowa fans, an elite defense. So, I’m asking the experts on Nebraska football to tell me if those results ever happened where it was Iowa with a losing record beating nebraska with a winning record?? Iowa hid from Nebraska for most of the 80s and 90s, so I doubt Iowa has ever been tough enough with a losing to beat a superior Nebraska team.

Has an Iowa team with a losing record ever beat a Nebraska team with a winning record??
Since you're so obsessed with knowing the answer to this question, the answer is yes...............

In 1898, the Iowa Hawkeyes went 3-4-2 as a Midwestern college independent with wins over Upper Iowa, Simpson.......and 8-3 Nebraska.

The Hawkeyes defeated the Bugeaters, 6-5, in the season finale.

Despite starting 6-0 on the season, the Bugeaters would struggle down the stretch taking Ls to late 1800s powerhouses such as Kansas City Medics (24-0), Drake (6-5) and then Iowa to finish the season 8-3.

The loss sent the Bugeaters into a spiral the following season as they would go just 1-7-1, earning a win over Lincoln High School and a revenge tie against those powerhouse KC Medics, but then taking another 24-0 loss to the Medics later in the season, along with losses to such teams as South Dakota and Grinnell College.

Iowa, meanwhile, used the 6-5 win as a springboard into the 1899 season as the Hawkeyes would go 8-0-1, with the lone tie a 5-5 affair on the road against the Amos Alonzo Stagg-led Big Ten Champion Chicago Maroons, a team that went 16-0-2 on the year. That Iowa team would also only surrender 11 points total on the season, winning all but two of their games by shutout.

If you wanna get into the weeds a bit more, Iowa went 4-4 in 1930, picking up a 12-7 home win over a Nebraska team that went 4-3-2. So technically not a team with a losing record, but also not a winning record as well.....

And in back to back seasons in 1943 and 1944, Iowa earned their only win of those seasons over Nebraska teams that finished just 2-6 both seasons. The Hawkeyes won the 1943 contest in Lincoln, 33-13, and the 1944 contest in Iowa City, 27-6.

This was also during WWII, so several rosters around the midwest, including Iowa's and Nebraska’s, were heavily affected by the loss of players joining the war effort, with many of the best players enlisting to play with the various service programs that sprouted up during WWII. One notable program, in particular, was Iowa Pre-Flight, which essentially shared the campus with Iowa, and was among the top college football programs during that time period, going 26-5 over 3 seasons while finishing 2nd and 6th in the AP poll in their final two seasons.

so I doubt Iowa has ever been tough enough with a losing to beat a superior Nebraska team.
source.gif

@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset …..nice work kid 😎 I recently found out the vaunted Black Shirt Nebraska defense has given up 40pts 44 times since 2000, 18 in the Big 12 & 26in the BIG….

29 times they've lost by 21 plus points in conference play!

Iowa you might ask, 12….😛 Twelve times they’ve given up 40plus. That is why Nebraska loses so much!

Last edited:
Has an Iowa team with a losing record ever beat a Nebraska team with a winning record? Damn some of you are dumber than a box of rocks.

I’ve already acknowledged what everyone who follows college football knows, Nebraska has sucked since 2015, all of your silly stats are the result of Nebraska’s crappy coaching 2015-2022. The other thing everyone who follows college football knows is, Iowa has been irrelevant in football for 60 plus years.
Yes, the 1930 season. Going into the game, Iowa was 3-4 and the bugeaters were 4-2. The bugeaters ended the season with a winning record, Iowa did not.

Cope, seethe, and mald you shiteating virgin. I own you mind, body, and soul.

I want no part of this a$$ kicking the evil monkey's giving, I’m a coward.
Well, it's in the rule book. You can't get so triggered by another poster on a board you're trying to troll that you get legitimately angry and call this person a little b****, then have this post deleted/edited, and still get to claim you're kicking their a**.................

You pretty much forfeited at that point. ;)

Well, it's in the rule book. You can't get so triggered by another poster on a board you're trying to troll that you get legitimately angry and call this person a little b****, then have this post deleted/edited, and still get to claim you're kicking their a**.................

You pretty much forfeited

That’s good shit right there, man… I will confess I gave him too much appreciation, but his attempt did make me smile…!!

I feel for him a little, he is trying really hard Evil!

Well, it's in the rule book. Nebraska fans and football owns Iowa fans everywhere on social media and on the field in 2022. ;)

That’s good shit right there, man… I will confess I give monkey too much appreciation, but your attempt did make me smile…!!

I feel for you a little, you’re trying really hard Evil!

Just curious, most of you seem to be experts on all things Nebraska football and Nebraska with a losing record beat an Iowa team with a superior record and, at least according to Iowa fans, an elite defense. So, I’m asking the experts on Nebraska football to tell me if those results ever happened where it was Iowa with a losing record beating nebraska with a winning record?? Iowa hid from Nebraska for most of the 80s and 90s, so I doubt Iowa has ever been tough enough with a losing to beat a superior Nebraska team.
I'll give you a temporary pass on the horrific spelling and grammar.

Anyway, a lot of the board manages a good understanding of football in general. Something you hide from particularly with regards to X's and O's of your own team. Don't think it's gone unnoticed.

They're an "expert" on Nebraska inasmuch as they've had to look up crap on a team they cared little about were in not for YOUR incessant trolling and VCR proclamations of superiority.

You've kept Nebraska relevant, I guess, as a discussion topic because you've been here under tons of bitchy little handles, stirring the pot...then proclaim Iowa to be "obsessed".

For all your failures as a poster, you are at least mediocre as a gaslighter.

Iowa "hid" from Nebraska during the "8O's and 90's"? Hayden and Tom were two very different people with different philosophies on football so I'm curious to see your "rationale" or "evidence" for Iowa "hiding" from Nebraska.

Reactions: cmhawks99
You could probably argue that Iowa has had 6-7 very good seasons in that 55 years with the rest being slightly above average to below average. Iowa football success isn’t to the level where you should be talking down to any other fan base.

Oh, you are one of those "you should " people, telling people how to think and act.

Iowa has had a 12 win and a 10 win regular season total in the last 7 or so seasons. Compared to ISU which doesnt have a 9 win season in 131 years someone said the hawk success is excellent. Not sure where you are coming from.

Iowa was number one ranked for half the season in 1985, had great seasons in Fry's first rose bowl year, 1985, 1990 and perhaps 1991, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, and very highly ranked in many more seasons. Let alone Evy's Natty Champ and multiple great teams and records.

To the Adults and older teens in the room....a gentle reminder regarding HogLovinHawkeye:

When you engage in constant arguing with your child, over time they will begin to believe they’re your peer and have the power to challenge you. The more powerful they think they are, and the more arguing gets them what they want, the more they will use arguing as a way to solve their problems.

It’s important to learn how to manage this type of behavior in your kids. And one of the best ways to manage it is to understand that you can’t win an argument with your child by arguing because you lose once you allow yourself to get dragged into the argument in the first place.

@HogLovinHawkeye is correct, Iowa has had 6-7 very good seasons in the past 55 years and the rest were slightly above to slightly below average.
Iowa "hid" from Nebraska during the "8O's and 90's". After the early 80s games, it’s well known Hayden Fry purposely requested Nebraska not be scheduled moving forward. Hayden and Tom were very similar people with similar philosophies on football.

He's never seen a live Iowa game where Hayden Fry was the coach, so he has no real f***ing clue.
I'm interested in your theory of who this idiot really is.

It'd be fun to dox his ass since the mods are completely ineffectual in doing anything about his idiocy.

Honestly though, I do enjoy watching Nebraska's most embarrassing poster flail.

I’m a weird, fat, balding 36 year old that can’t handle message board or social media banter so I make empty threats like the pvssy I am while getting my boyfriend @Blackleaf40 all hot and bothered. Go ahead pvssy, tell me more about my sweet wife.

Hayden Fry "hid" from Nebraska after the "a$$ kickings" of the "late 70's early 80's".

I’m a "HERP DERP!"

Hayden Fry wanted no part of Nebraska football after those late 70s early 80s games.
It'd be fun to dox him since the mods refuse to save me from my daily a$$ kicking.
Honestly though, I do enjoy getting beat down by Nebraska fans.

They have hired some awful humans in recent history.
Callahan, Pellini, Frost are all scum as people, but so was the AD when they were hired.

They would have tolerated him if he averaged 2 more wins per year. See Nick Saban.
Hayden Fry and KF were/are both scum as people. They have more skeletons hidden than a cemetery. Fortunately for Iowa fans, Iowa football is completely irrelevant so those coaches fly under the radar as nobody GAF about Iowa on a national stage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT