ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Hawkeyes vs ISU results

I’m still trying to figure out who our 33,57,&74 pounders are gonna be this year. Not to mention when Lee will be back. Who gives a crap about ISU.

Reactions: el dub
Lee tech
Schriever dec
Woods dec
Murin major
Rathjen/seibrecht/Reyna dec
Carr dec
Swafford dec
Coleman dec
Bastida dec
Cass maj.
Pretty lopsided

Reactions: PinDoxRico
Lee tech
Schriever dec
Woods dec
Murin major
Rathjen/seibrecht/Reyna dec
Carr dec
Swafford dec
Coleman dec
Bastida dec
Cass maj.
Pretty lopsided
I see this as pretty much the same BUT I dont see Bastida beating Warner ...I know it happened last season but i think that was a fluke and Warner has a lot more focus now and hopefully he picks up this season where he left off last season.

After seeing how last year's dual broke many of their wrestling fans, there's no telling what to expect this year.

Reactions: el dub
So even though ISU wrestling isn't in Iowa's stratosphere, they're still a rival? Lol.
Yep...the word "rival" implies a matchup where the outcome is in doubt.

This is more about the final score than who wins. Been that way for a very, very long time, even the Heskett/Sanderson years.

Iowa State hasn’t won since 2005. That’s almost the kids on the team entire lifetime. With the talent gap being so gigantic right now it won’t be long until every Iowa State wrestler will have never been alive the last time Iowa State won.

Remember when the dual with ISU meant something?

Yea, me neither.
I remember some serious dogfights and a lot of fur flying ….. kinda miss it….. went to the dual in Hilton 4 years ago and Dwight Hinson was sitting behind me….. I’ve known the Ironside boys since they were kids so had to bring up some of those old duals…. he grinned and was very complimentary of Ironsides and Iowa….. real nice guy

He was coaching a friend of mine’s kid at the time and they invited me to go out to eat after but had other plans……. the rivalry is fun but they’re not all evil ….. I always respected the hell out of Bobby Douglas too….. not sure how Sanderson can look in the mirror the way he ****ed that man

I remember some serious dogfights and a lot of fur flying ….. kinda miss it….. went to the dual in Hilton 4 years ago and Dwight Hinson was sitting behind me….. I’ve known the Ironside boys since they were kids so had to bring up some of those old duals…. he grinned and was very complimentary of Ironsides and Iowa….. real nice guy

He was coaching a friend of mine’s kid at the time and they invited me to go out to eat after but had other plans……. the rivalry is fun but they’re not all evil ….. I always respected the hell out of Bobby Douglas too….. not sure how Sanderson can look in the mirror the way he ****ed that man
Bobby Douglas was too good of a human being to be at ISU.

His forced departure should forever be a stain on Clone wrestling.

Karma is a bitch the way Carl departed Ames.

LOL

ADS had to fight off from being pinned and Stoll came out to seal it. Barnburner. Who are these amnesia clowns on here?o_O

Well, you for one as that’s not how it went down.

Regardless, ISU had everything going for it that day taking on a wretchedly sick Iowa team, including winning a match they were trailing in by MFF, and still couldn’t get it done.

The gap at NCAAs that year was (and continues to be) massive. That said, I will never not consider it a rivalry.

Regardless, ISU had everything going for it that day taking on a wretchedly sick Iowa team, including winning a match they were trailing in by MFF, and still couldn’t get it done.

The gap at NCAAs that year was (and continues to be) massive. That said, I will never not consider it a rivalry.
This is only concerning the dual and not NCAA's. What part did I get wrong?

I think you better read this article. It backs up my claim.

I think you better read this article. It backs up my claim.

Stoll didn’t seal anything. HWT wasn’t last. It wasn’t decided until ADS fought off his back in the last match of the dual.

This is all in the very article that you posted and told me I had “better read” which is funny because it’s obvious you didn’t.

Last edited:
SMFH Anyone saying it’s not a rivalry is dead wrong, in fact it’s the definition of a rivalry. Whether or not the teams are equal is not really relevant. We could be facing another big 10 school that is better than ISU on any given year like Purdue or something and although both schools are not on Iowa‘s level the Purdue match will not be nearly as attention grabbing. Is there a bigger in state wrestling rivalry than Cy-Hawk, no there is not!

It might be a rivalry in terms of fan interest for some, but anyone who's followed for any period of time can tell you this has been absolute domination for nearly two decades.

Any of the duals that have been relatively competitive were the result of an Iowa injury(2018) or Iowa resting starters.

That's not opinion, that's a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT