ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty sad.....

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
when the KC Star already has an article basically calling your coach a moron for not going for the TD when you are only down a TD and 2 point conversion. I have to agree. That call made no sense at all. But, Kirk has always done head scratching things. Give the man another extension before some body steals him away.

Cant really defend it as it made little sense but didn't matter in the end. Probably thought the defense was playing well so we'd get the ball back and wouldn't need the two point conversion. But as stated, we'd still need a TD so yeah didn't make a lot of sense.

when the KC Star already has an article basically calling your coach a moron for not going for the TD when you are only down a TD and 2 point conversion. I have to agree. That call made no sense at all. But, Kirk has always done head scratching things. Give the man another extension before some body steals him away.

Sorry to say IMO it made a lot of sense, and we probable wouldn't be having this conversation if he would have made that field goal making the score 14-9. would have change the whole dynamics to the last drive of the game.

Sorry to say IMO it made a lot of sense, and we probable wouldn't be having this conversation if he would have made that field goal making the score 14-9. would have change the whole dynamics to the last drive of the game.
This...kick the fg and live to fight another drive. Damned if you do; damned if you're the Hawks coach

Reactions: hawkbirch
Yeah, should have gone for it on 4th and 1 in first half, but the fg there in the 4th was the right call.

Hadn't been in red zone all day. Should have went for the TD. No way we'd move the ball 60 yds for the td.

Hadn't been in red zone all day. Should have went for the TD. No way we'd move the ball 60 yds for the td.

I see what you're saying, but best case scenario if we converted those 5 yards, we still would have to score a TD, AND convert the 2 point, AND somehow score again or win in overtime. Also if we don't convert the 5 yrds and Wisky takes over and gets a field goal it's GAME OVER.

However, if we take what should have been an easy 3 points, you're only down by 5 and can go for the win the next time you have the ball. Also if Wisky happens to get a fg it's still a 1 possession game.

So it's really a tough call.

Reactions: Hawk493
I see what you're saying, but best case scenario if we converted those 5 yards, we still would have to score a TD, AND convert the 2 point, AND somehow score again or win in overtime. Also if we don't convert the 5 yrds and Wisky takes over and gets a field goal it's GAME OVER.

However, if we take what should have been an easy 3 points, you're only down by 5 and can go for the win the next time you have the ball. Also if Wisky happens to get a fg it's still a 1 possession game.

So it's really a tough call.
Not a tough call for almost any coach. I bet there is less than a handful of FBS coaches that kick a fg in that spot. Just dumb founding stupidity.

Kirk will be here forever and ever. Still time to fire Barta for his hand in the extension.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT