ADVERTISEMENT

psu nebraska

It’s pretty crazy that Starocci keeps doing nothing, and yet keeps scoring technical falls and pins.
Thoughts on Stallrocci's flat ride on top?

Why should the bottom guy get stalling if Stall is just trying to keep him sprawled out flat and not working to improve/turn?..........

It’s pretty crazy that Starocci keeps doing nothing, and yet keeps scoring technical falls and pins.
You know what is kind of amazing? It is THIS^^^^^. You give PA credit when it comes to HS wrestling right. You might think that the overall knowledge of the sport, the respect for the sport, etc.... would be at a very high level.

For some reason though? It appears that ALL the great fans from PA, see POS F*** st for what it really is!!! they must ALL support the real teams who are NOT scamming the system!!!

I mean you watch StarFish and say this above!?!?!?!? They should have a GREATEST STALLER award at F*** st. MAN what a battle between PepeLaBuea, StarFish and Kergin it would be!!!!

Yea Sulking they really get after it against lower level guys, we get it!!!

I will add, I wrote the WISKY GRADES before the F*** st fiasco! Me being a HUGE IOWA fan, clearly wrote how Rathjen was lucky to not have given up 3 when he got his knee twisted up. THAT is being REAL!!! Honestly think there should be a rule change to award points even if the REF did blow the whistle as he has to!!!

However, the situation was 100% different. The IOWA guy was clearly hurt, and the match at that point was not "on the line!" PepeLaBuea was obviously giving up the MATCH WINNING TD!!! He CLEARLY called for injuries to avoid losing the match! Should be thrown out go B1Gs for UN-SPORTSMANS LIKE!!!

Pepe was 100% fine right after, PLUS I do not believe the POS REF blew whistle in this case before the TD?

You know what is kind of amazing? It is THIS^^^^^. You give PA credit when it comes to HS wrestling right. You might think that the overall knowledge of the sport, the respect for the sport, etc.... would be at a very high level.

For some reason though? It appears that ALL the great fans from PA, see POS F*** st for what it really is!!! they must ALL support the real teams who are NOT scamming the system!!!

I mean you watch StarFish and say this above!?!?!?!? They should have a GREATEST STALLER award at F*** st. MAN what a battle between PepeLaBuea, StarFish and Kergin it would be!!!!

I will add, I wrote the WISKY GRADES before the F*** st fiasco! Me being a HUGE IOWA fan, clearly wrote how Rathjen was lucky to not have given up 3 when he got his knee twisted up. THAT is being REAL!!! Honestly think there should be a rule change to award points even if the REF did blow the whistle as he has to!!!

However, the situation was 100% different. The IOWA guy was clearly hurt, and the match at that point was not "on the line!" PepeLaBuea was obviously giving up the MATCH WINNING TD!!! He CLEARLY called for injuries to avoid losing the match! Should be thrown out go B1Gs for UN-SPORTSMANS LIKE!!!

Pepe was 100% fine right after, PLUS I do not believe the POS REF blew whistle in this case before the TD?

IRON, you are absolute gold! Although misguided, I admire your passion.

Why should the bottom guy get stalling if Stall is just trying to keep him sprawled out flat and not working to improve/turn?..........

Starocci is constantly looking for a turn. If the bottom guy drops his head and plants his forehead on the mat to prevent the turn, he often gets called for the stall.

Channel 9 No GIF by The Block

Reactions: Sullivan
Kiss off you wannaBe jerk!!! IOWA lives in their heads 24/7!!! ALL they do is wish they were us!!! Then while making terrible comments about IOWA wrestlers, they can't even admit what is going on in happy land is a DISGRACE!!!

IF it was 1 match, 1 bad call, a ONE time thing. OK, I get it, the REFs are human. It is NOT!!!! If you watched just some of their matches this year. You can ONLY draw one conclusion, and that is WTF is going on over there!?!?!?

Match after match, "bad" calls, wrong calls, totally BS calls!!!! They have GIFTED several wins JUST THIS YEAR!!!

I am sorry but I have a HUGE problem with people cheating in sports!!! I mean I guess you could certainly say the same about life, but when an athlete works his/her ass off, only to have it taken away, is horse sh*t!!!

The 125 match a few weeks back, they even REVIEWED it. Then their POS leader the greta Krailure went on to justify the call!?!?!?!? Instead of manning up and saying, "it was a bad call" which he knows will piss off the REFs who are in his pocket......

Then one match they had NO VIDEO REVIEW AVAILABLE???? Now you have PepeLaBuea, then the first "TD" at 157? Then they "reviewed" 184 to try and steal that one!!!

Then you have a CLOWN like this posting. You wanna look back and see what you all said about SPENCER LEE, his MOM, his DAD???? Just forget about what they said about me and I WASN"T EVEN ON THEIR BOARD!!!!!
Honestly, I didn't notice you were suspended before and then banned. Sorry. You can call me garbage. It's okay. I will be fine.

Still, on a board where moderators moderate and respond to reported posts, your banning isn't surprising given you just returned from suspension.

No worries. Life moves on. More free time for you. Else, you can always create another user ID.

Seriously, pedofile supporters. Imagine letting a sports program override any common sense.

On top of that, you guys are all giant d*cks! I haven't seen one PSU fan come on here without a giant ego tainting everything they say. I know east coast people are d*cks in general, but this wrestling board was one of the best around for fans of all teams. Iowa wrestling fans on this board have been great and are largely grounded about our team, but this board is getting ruined by you dumbasses. Just leave.

LOOK, you can't watch these stall artists pieces of garbage, and the REFs and see it any other way then what it is!!!

They lay on top parallel doing nothing and the guy on bottom gets called!!! They 100% SCREWED Nebraska at 149 and 157!!! They tried to screw them again at 184!!!

If this is the best we have right now in the NCAAs? Then no wonder several HS kids are able to win!!! VERY hard to watch, and worse, they beat us!!!

FACT is, IOWA needs to jump levels next year and end this F*** st SH*TSHOW they call wrestling!!!!

They just banned me again on their B*LLSH*T board for calling it AS IT IS!!!!

PepeLaBuea is a piece of trash for playing hurt on the TD!!!! REFs are right their beside him!!!!
Never change, I-Bird. Never change. :)

Last edited:

When the bottom wrestler refuses to build up to his base, while the top wrestler shows the ref they're not even using either arm up top, forget about trying to turn, the ref isn't going to call stalling on top.

This is folk style. We don't do parterre.

Seriously, pedofile supporters. Imagine letting a sports program override any common sense.

On top of that, you guys are all giant d*cks! I haven't seen one PSU fan come on here without a giant ego tainting everything they say. I know east coast people are d*cks in general, but this wrestling board was one of the best around for fans of all teams. Iowa wrestling fans on this board have been great and are largely grounded about our team, but this board is getting ruined by you dumbasses. Just leave.
Good luck with that. The best revenge is our success. When we win, they go away.

When the bottom wrestler refuses to build up to his base, while the top wrestler shows the ref they're not even using either arm up top, forget about trying to turn, the ref isn't going to call stalling on top.

This is folk style. We don't do parterre.
I get blaming the wrestler on bottom, but again, Penn State has perfected being able to flatten wrestlers and keep them there to entice stall calls and build RT without really doing much else (and no, they intentionally spend plenty of f***ing time NOT trying to turn them)............

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I get blaming the wrestler on bottom, but again, Penn State has perfected being able to flatten wrestlers and keep them there to entice stall calls and build RT without really doing much else (and no, they intentionally spend plenty of f***ing time NOT trying to turn them)............
If the PSU wrestler just keeps knocking out elbows and doesn't move off to the side, then plenty of stalling calls have followed.

Not sure what "perfecting" could possibly look like since the variance of how and what is called stalling is so wide among NCAA referees.

If PSU perfected anything, it's studying NCAA referee tendencies and making a point to inform each wrestler to remind them what they might expect in terms of how stalling will be called. And PSU wrestlers altering their approach based on that information.

Last edited:
If the PSU wrestler just keeps knocking out elbows and doesn't move off to the side, then plenty have stalling calls have followed. (Like Brooks yesterday?.......................oh wait. Guy looked like he was doing performance art on police brutality while riding.)

Not sure what "perfecting" could possibly look like since the variance of how and what is called stalling varies so widely among NCAA referees.

If PSU perfected anything, it's studying NCAA referee tendencies and making a point to inform each wrestler to remind them what they might expect in terms of how stalling will be called. And PSU wrestlers altering their approach based on that information.
So what you're saying is we need to fire all the current NCAA referees and hire new ones so that Penn State won't know what to expect? :D

You have absolutely no self awareness. I love the Cesspool®.

First, learn how to spell pedophile, come on, up your insult game.

If the PSU wrestler just keeps knocking out elbows and doesn't move off to the side, then plenty have stalling calls have followed.

Not sure what "perfecting" could possibly look like since the variance of how and what is called stalling is so wide among NCAA referees.

Exactly, umpires and their "stroke zones" vary among various umpires. I was surprised a guy who techs someone was called for a stall. It seemed the bottom guy was the one stalling, imo afraid to move so he wouldn't give up back points or a pin.

Honestly, I didn't notice you were suspended before and then banned. Sorry. You can call me garbage. It's okay. I will be fine.

Still, on a board where moderators moderate and respond to reported posts, your banning isn't surprising given you just returned from suspension.

No worries. Life moves on. More free time for you. Else, you can always create another user ID.
He leaves his computer on for a reason. After awhile explaining to him how to login becomes pointless. He's not banned on BWI he just can't figure out how to log back in. Produce.

Great wrestlers can and often do “stall” on top for blocks of time. as great as David Taylor was on top, he would break you down with legs and then sit on the hips and wait for you to try to base back up and then trap an arm for a tilt.

If the bottom guy didn’t come up he would do the face to the ref complaining. Of course, being as good as he was he would often get the ref on his side. However, he was absolutely not initiating action or trying to improve his position. He was waiting to react to his opponents movement.

Starocci does something similar in breaking his guys down, but he is much more content with just wearing them down vs. going for turns. Instead of reacting for a clear turning combo he is content smothering his opponent in a more Dake like fashion.

Make no mistake, Starocci may be the most complete wrestler in DI right now, but his ride absolutely does have a stalling component when he is wrestling tougher competition…

So what you're saying is we need to fire all the current NCAA referees and hire new ones so that Penn State won't know what to expect? :D
I know of no sports' fan who enjoys wide and obvious variations among the officials of their favorite sport. For example, the strike zone of baseball homeplate umpires. But still, players scout and still players blow their tops on called/non-called strikes vs balls.

So yes, I believe all would like the NCAA to do something more to better assure consistency regarding stalling on top and bottom, stalling when exiting the cylinder vs continuation, reaction time, potentially dangerous, and stalemate calls. And they should also broadly communicate the actions they've taken.

Only then can one reasonably expect wrestlers to adapt accordingly. I've no doubt, PSU wrestlers would quickly adapt. Only then could we again rightly focus on PSU's ability to get superior recruits for any new way the rules might be enforced.

Last edited:
You give PA credit when it comes to HS wrestling right. You might think that the overall knowledge of the sport, the respect for the sport, etc.... would be at a very high level
Wait, wasn't your favorite NY HS wrestling coach from PA? And didn't he return to PA to coach at a small college before retirement after the mother he cared for passed?

I mean, the guy you spoke so highly about and seemed to credit for your love of the sport.

It seems an insult to his memory to disparage his state. I wonder what he'd think of your musings.

LOOK, you can't watch these stall artists pieces of garbage, and the REFs and see it any other way then what it is!!!

They lay on top parallel doing nothing and the guy on bottom gets called!!! They 100% SCREWED Nebraska at 149 and 157!!! They tried to screw them again at 184!!!

If this is the best we have right now in the NCAAs? Then no wonder several HS kids are able to win!!! VERY hard to watch, and worse, they beat us!!!

FACT is, IOWA needs to jump levels next year and end this F*** st SH*TSHOW they call wrestling!!!!

They just banned me again on their B*LLSH*T board for calling it AS IT IS!!!!

PepeLaBuea is a piece of trash for playing hurt on the TD!!!! REFs are right their beside him!!!!

Outrageous. You shoulda stuck to your personal thread, which as I’ve noted, was genius.
I work with a guy named Beau. For the rest of the time that I know him, he will be referred to as Pepe Le Beau. So good

Here is the real question, how is it that psu happens to get this same ref that constantly makes calls for them. Hmmm wonder how that works. Mark my words, when there is a tight match up and a call or two means a win for the kittens in the BiGs or nationals… look who the ref is , guaranteed its this clown!
This Basshole screwed Maryland, Rutgers and Nebby

Here is the real question, how is it that psu happens to get this same ref that constantly makes calls for them. Hmmm wonder how that works. Mark my words, when there is a tight match up and a call or two means a win for the kittens in the BiGs or nationals… look who the ref is , guaranteed its this clown!
This Basshole screwed Maryland, Rutgers and Nebby
If you listen to the PSU Homer Jeff Byers call of the dual, you will hear him question the consistency of that particular referee by his name. However he gets assigned, I don't believe PSU looks forward to seeing him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT