ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

hYLyJ3D.png

got tammit

The comment is from Bo's Dad by the way.

Dear Bo's Dad: Do not base your opinions of a school and program based on Facebook comments. That is ridiculous for so many reasons, some of them listed here. Now take a few deep breaths and get back out there! :)

Hopefully backfires on the culprits who initiated it. Get them identified and show their true colors. May end up working in Iowa's favor. Hopefully
Hope so. I’m not of fan of him and his social media presence and would rather not have them at PSU.

Well I am going to ass-u-me that the comments and reactions are genuine…Facebook being what it is. I am guessing the Bassetts get shit in PA as well from jealous parents or even people who genuinely disagree with how they do things. Wrestling fan sites run the gamut; sites like Pin Doctors are “non denominational.” Some may be Clone, Hawk, outside the state teams etc. Plus there are those who could give a rip about college wrestling because their kid is at the center of their wrestling world.

A couple of days ago Iowa released a tunnel hype video on Facebook. Here come 3-4 PSU fans going on about how our wrestlers suck, little bro etc…They actually have to like Iowa’s page to comment. That is not big bro energy.

So there are all types on the internets Bassett fam and I’m fairly surprised that they are not immune to the haters being in the spotlight and all.

No way. Much like spencer - when Bo gets here on campus, everyone is going to know who he is and tell him how excited they are for him to possibly be a Hawk.

Other than Kem, I don't think there's ever been a recruit that hasn't thoroughly enjoyed their visit and seen just how important wrestling is to the University of Iowa and its fans.

Besides, just tell dude those were all ISU fans.
I am not commenting on the post or comments, but I am interested in the statement “Other than Kem…”. What is the background to this? Did he not enjoy his original recruiting trip but still signed anyway? Just interested in the background.

Hell it's likely him. He's had how many user names on this site already? Guarantee he's the type of moron that has multiple handles and trolls parents pretending to be fans of Iowa.
Me? I don't have any other accounts. I don't have time for that. I troll your parents out in the open with this account. LOL.

It is. I appreciate your concern, though.
"I troll your parents out in the open". Wow. For some reason you must be awfully proud of trolling college age boy's parents on the internet. Thanks for admitting in black and white that you are a creepy weirdo. Wow.

The comments were pretty harsh about his age, redshirting, cutting weight, yada, yada, yada. Both Mom and Dad commented. Their comments have been deleted.

Thankfully, he's not. But as parents go, we can get pretty emotional about our kids. Dad and Mom were heated.
This guy is not a serious person. The sooner you quit paying him any attention at all the better…. I’m actually embarrassed by those who still do.

Dear Bo's Dad: Do not base your opinions of a school and program based on Facebook comments. That is ridiculous for so many reasons, some of them listed here. Now take a few deep breaths and get back out there! :)
I see you liked my idea of starting a thread; yesterday you were making fun of me for being an insider. Not that you can't like one thing and not another, but at least give me a little grace next time on a typo!!! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT