ADVERTISEMENT

Replacements for Tom…

If true it sounds exactly like the Jordan Oliver situation from 5 or 6 years ago and he ended up receiving a 1 year suspension so there’s precedent.

Reactions: vhsalum
Mineo is an a$$hole and idiot. HIPAA and federal law prevents anyone from divulging medical issues, including drug test results. So the NLWC or PSU coaches telling DT would have been a violation of law. I know. I work with HIPAA and drug testing daily.

oh so now you expect rational criticism from mineo since it has to do with psu? welcome to our world

@IAChief32 - this news is truly cesspool worthy!
You got that right.

52k2u.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: AFHawk86
pyles saying on frl that taylor and casey cunningham both turned down the ok st job

"Turned it down after talking to their camps". - Pyles

Cael's hands are all over this one. The man is a master of manipulation. He's gotten both Casey and David Taylor to turn down the OKST job. Pure speculation - but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cael talked them out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this will be pretty bad for AB. Cael and the lawyers will do what they can, but in the end, I think he's gonna have at least 3-4 minutes of some seriously stinging wrists.

Mineo is an a$$hole and idiot. HIPAA and federal law prevents anyone from divulging medical issues, including drug test results. So the NLWC or PSU coaches telling DT would have been a violation of law. I know. I work with HIPAA and drug testing daily.

Agree to the first point but I’m not sure that’s how HIPAA works. If NLWC (as the employer) directed that Brooks get tested, I think you would have a point. But this is a governing body that directed it and aren’t subject to HIPAA. Neither is anybody that is not a “covered entity” in the chain of care providers, admin, insurance etc.

Otherwise, why would any athlete cop to a hot test?

Cael's hands are all over this one. The man is a master of manipulation (positive manipulation). He's gotten both Casey and David Taylor to turn down the OKST job. Pure speculation - but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cael talked them out of it.

one does not simply leave the cult

• Haha
Reactions: Spoons and tiltman

Cael's hands are all over this one. The man is a master of manipulation (positive manipulation). He's gotten both Casey and David Taylor to turn down the OKST job. Pure speculation - but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cael talked them out of it.
Why would he selfishly do that? They are both probably in his inner circle of friends, and he has wrestled with this decision himself back in 2009. So i would imagine they came to him for advice, and as a friend he gave it. I don't think Cael shies from competition so highly unlikely he gave self serving advice.

Now that Dake is going to be the oldest Wrestler to compete for the US FreeStyle Wrestling team ( AS EVERYONE POINTS OUT ) wouldn't he be a great candidate for a coaching position?? Everyone is so high on DT I would think that Dake would be an upgrade since he does NOT have a wrestling school or business in State College to tie him down. Maybe he would be a good fit as an assistant then possibly HC down the road a couple years. He definitely has the Name recognition , the reputation and the technique to be a great recruiter and a good coach.
Dake has a chance to be the oldest gold medal winner from the USA, but I believe Chris Campbell (an Iowa alum) was the oldest team member at 36.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Why would he selfishly do that? They are both probably in his inner circle of friends, and he has wrestled with this decision himself back in 2009. So i would imagine they came to him for advice, and as a friend he gave it. I don't think Cael shies from competition so highly unlikely he gave self serving advice.

So you effectively agree with me that he likely gave them advice to turn down the OKST job?

"Why would he selfishly do that?" Is a great question.

Reactions: T8KUDWN

i like to joke around but i doubt it was out of malice that cael talked dt out of it. it was probably like, hey are you sure you are done competing? you can always coach but there is only so long to compete. i have always wondered if cael wishes he would have competed another cycle

Agree to the first point but I’m not sure that’s how HIPAA works. If NLWC (as the employer) directed that Brooks get tested, I think you would have a point. But this is a governing body that directed it and aren’t subject to HIPAA. Neither is anybody that is not a “covered entity” in the chain of care providers, admin, insurance etc.

Otherwise, why would any athlete cop to a hot test?
Good post:

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) adheres to the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI). The ISPPPI establishes minimum privacy protections for the collection and use of athlete personal information, including information about doping controls, whereabouts, and TUEs. USADA also includes a statement in its agreements with third parties requesting that they handle information consistently with the USADA Protocol and/or the ISPPPI. However, USADA is not responsible for how third-party websites use information collected from or about individuals."

So the bolded is how USADA weasels out of privacy responsibility.

Reactions: IAChief32
i like to joke around but i doubt it was out of malice that cael talked dt out of it. it was probably like, hey are you sure you are done competing? you can always coach but there is only so long to compete. i have always wondered if cael wishes he would have competed another cycle

Head coaching jobs don't always open up at the wrestling blue bloods. Every couple of decades usually... DT isn't getting younger and his chances at making another Olympic tournament are worse next cycle. That would be really poor advice from Cael if that's what he told David.

Good post:

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) adheres to the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI). The ISPPPI establishes minimum privacy protections for the collection and use of athlete personal information, including information about doping controls, whereabouts, and TUEs. USADA also includes a statement in its agreements with third parties requesting that they handle information consistently with the USADA Protocol and/or the ISPPPI. However, USADA is not responsible for how third-party websites use information collected from or about individuals."

So the bolded is how USADA weasels out of privacy responsibility.

"Weasels out of". People using PEDs in sports shouldn't be granted privacy.

Reactions: Spoons
So you effectively agree with me that he likely gave them advice to turn down the OKST job?

"Why would he selfishly do that?" Is a great question.
No. Reading comprehension is important. I think he gave them advice from past experience and out of friendship. I highly doubt he gave them a thumbs up or down. Just the pros and cons like we all would with a friend.

No. Reading comprehension is important. I think he gave them advice from past experience and out of friendship. I highly doubt he gave them a thumbs up or down. Just the pros and cons like we all would with a friend.

And it just so happened that after talking to Cael they concluded the cons outweigh the pros. As I stated, Cael is a master manipulator. I agree he wouldn't explicitly tell them not to take the job. The reason Cael's effective at manipulating is because he can get guys to make the decisions he wants them to make without commanding them explicitly.

Reactions: Spoons and Sandor45
Sure they should. People like you like to tear people down before all the facts are known. I'd rather wait until the facts are known. I personally don't need to know that he failed adderal, and that it may have been a paperwork issue. Not my business. Or yours. I only need to know if he is going to wrestle or not.

Example: You get fired today because you failed a drug test. Should I know that you do cocaine? No. I only need to know that you got fired. Maybe performance. Maybe insubordination. Many reasons. I don't need to know.

And it just so happened that after talking to Cael they concluded the cons outweigh the pros. As I stated, Cael is a master manipulator. I agree he wouldn't explicitly tell them not to take the job. The reason Cael's effective at manipulating is because he can get guys to make the decisions he wants them to make without commanding them explicitly.
So Cael is the reason your AD is keeping Tom and Terry? Good to know. Cael is a bastard.

The moon landings were fake btw. Mr Spock told me so on an episode once.

Sure they should. People like you like to tear people down before all the facts are known. I'd rather wait until the facts are known. I personally don't need to know that he failed adderal, and that it may have been a paperwork issue. Not my business. Or yours. I only need to know if he is going to wrestle or not.

Example: You get fired today because you failed a drug test. Should I know that you do cocaine? No. I only need to know that you got fired. Maybe performance. Maybe insubordination. Many reasons. I don't need to know.

That's all your opinion. If you cheat in sport you deserve that it's publicly known that you cheated. Especially considering people can gamble on sport. If I work in finance and commit insider training, the public deserves to know and gets reported publicly. It's cheating. The only difference is that cheating in sport is typically a civil punishment rather than criminal.

So Cael is the reason your AD is keeping Tom and Terry? Good to know. Cael is a bastard.

The moon landings were fake btw. Mr Spock told me so on an episode once.

Who said that? We're talking about DT turning down the OKST job.

Now your bring up Iowa, moon landings, and star trek. Great comeback. Great reasoning and debate skills.

Reactions: Spoons
That's all your opinion. If you cheat in sport you deserve that it's publicly known that you cheated. Especially considering people can gamble on sport. If I work in finance and commit insider training, the public deserves to know and gets reported publicly. It's cheating. The only difference is that cheating in sport is typically a civil punishment rather than criminal.
You are supposing he cheated. What if it was simply a paperwork issue? What if he had a prescription for the last 10 years? You are very black and white on things. If it gets corrected and he receives no penalty, I am sure you will be on here the next 10 years calling him a cheater. That's how you roll.

If he was legally prescribed them, then this was just a paperwork SNAFU. One can argue how this can happen at this level knowing the history of the shitshow that is WADA...however, it wouldn't be considered cheating. Another however...some might want to minimize Adderall as a PED but it can very useful for a rebound after cutting weight.

Reactions: tiltman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT