Report: Arizona schools, Colorado, Utah to meet with Big-12

Upscale hookers.

USC/UCLA
images

nintchdbpict000308830979.jpg

Maryland/Rutgers
8229335.jpg

Ugly+Hooker.jpg

Yeah, actually. It's been a great time to be a Cyclone football fan since Campbell came on board.
He asked about the decade since beating Iowa in Ames but it's OK... If I was a Clone fan I'd try to black out the 5 years preceding the last 5 too. At least all those losses VS the Hawks are fresh in your mind

Reactions: HerkyFan
Yeah, actually. It's been a great time to be a Cyclone football fan since Campbell came on board.
if you take away the covid year debacle is Campbell that much different than before? I think he is a very good coach but the league is a lot easier than it was when Rhodes was there--KSU-TT--WV--TX--even Baylor all had coaches that were a lot better than what they have now.

if you take away the covid year debacle is Campbell that much different than before? I think he is a very good coach but the league is a lot easier than it was when Rhodes was there--KSU-TT--WV--TX--even Baylor all had coaches that were a lot better than what they have now.
This is correct. Campbell is a good coach. What he hasn’t yet demonstrated is that he is able to overcome the history of isu by not having losing seasons after they hit a peak with a special group of players. I have a feeling he will end up like all isu coaches that came before him and he will have a great year or 2 followed by some losing seasons sprinkled in.

The thought that isu has finally solved the 100+ year riddle of never having a losing season as long as lord god Campbell is the coach is delusional.

Reactions: ichawk24
This is correct. Campbell is a good coach. What he hasn’t yet demonstrated is that he is able to overcome the history of isu by not having losing seasons after they hit a peak with a special group of players. I have a feeling he will end up like all isu coaches that came before him and he will have a great year or 2 followed by some losing seasons sprinkled in.

The thought that isu has finally solved the 100+ year riddle of never having a losing season as long as lord god Campbell is the coach is delusional.
tumblr_n49fuyyKev1qedb29o1_500.gif

ISU is your typical Tier 3 program.

Occasional good seasons followed by mediocrity. With such low expectations, it's a good program to coach at because fans don't expect much.

The 2021 season showed us Matty can't preform when expectations are high. He needs opponents to overlook his teams and pull off an upset every now and then.

And they'll always be that "other team from the State of Iowa".

He asked about the decade since beating Iowa in Ames but it's OK... If I was a Clone fan I'd try to black out the 5 years preceding the last 5 too. At least all those losses VS the Hawks are fresh in your mind
2014 was the last time. Damn that is long ago.

Occasional good seasons followed by mediocrity. With such low expectations, it's a good program to coach at because fans don't expect much.

The 2021 season showed us Matty can't preform when expectations are high. He needs opponents to overlook his teams and pull off an upset every now and then.

They will develop some 2 and 3 star players that will depart by Junior or Senior year to play in the bigs.

I see 7 - 5 in their future this year. Basically same as last year.

I think Baylor will pound them in Ames this fall.

and this is why, while isu can occasionally break through with a surprise year they can’t do it consistently and always revert back to their norm. Same thing with basketball. The only sport at isu that consistently performs at a high level is womens cross-country.

Historically, 7-5 is a good season for ISU. Campbell is a solid coach and has definitely improved ISU. Campbell has 5 straight seasons above .500 in conference, which is surely the first time in school history.

Can he take them to the next level? Can he ever beat Iowa? We'll see.

Reactions: bozotheclown
7-5 this year would be a good season. I'd be surprised if many are picking ISU to finish better, if that good.

As for Campbell, his teams start slowly. He's far from perfect. But the past five years, only Oklahoma has more conference wins than ISU. He has beaten every conference opponent at least twice, and has won at every venue in the league. He has more wins over top ten teams than any previous ISU coach.

So yes, it's a pain in the ass not having beaten Iowa, but that's one of the few warts.

We can hate all we want but Campbell has improved ISU. They are bringing in better recruits, are more consistent on the field, and been to more consecutive bowls. ISU has every right to feel good about what Campbell is doing.
I don't like ISU being better but I'm not so filled with hate and spite to ignore the improvement he has made in their program. He's only had one losing season since his arrival. That's a pretty good position to be in with ISU's history.

If even a couple teams leave the PAC-10 to join the Big XII, it will make the Big XII a better conference. Personally, I like the idea of seeing ASU playing in Ames. I think that would be a fun matchup. I just don't see the PAC surviving. Losing USC and UCLA is just too damaging to the conference. I would also love to see Washington/Oregon in Kinnick. I am less confident in either joining the B1G, but it's fun to think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
We can hate all we want but Campbell has improved ISU. They are bringing in better recruits, are more consistent on the field, and been to more consecutive bowls. ISU has every right to feel good about what Campbell is doing.
I don't like ISU being better but I'm not so filled with hate and spite to ignore the improvement he has made in their program. He's only had one losing season since his arrival. That's a pretty good position to be in with ISU's history.

Agree, it is not an easy job and he has done better than his last 4-5 predecessors. Huge problem is the bulk of in state talent goes to Iowa City. That is only going to get more extreme as ISU ends up in one of the lesser conferences. The top players will want to be in the B1G/SEC.

The only chance iowa would have at making a playoff is if it went to 8-12. Really not sure how hard that is to understand. And I'll be damned if I let you beat my head off, you'd probably fall in love.
Lol...you’re such a tool. Now run along to your tier 2 (at best) conference.

Do you even watch college football?
515clown watches college football re-runs from the Covid plagued 2020 season. Nothing before or after will count for clown fans until they miraculously find a way to win 9 or more games in some future season.

Because of all the 10 win seasons and first round draft picks??

I mean this sincerely, if that is the only way you can enjoy your football team then I feel sorry for you.

I have consistently defended Fran on ISU message boards. I think Fran is a very solid coach with a very high floor. Those programs can be a lot of fun to follow. I would never question an Iowa fan who has had fun following his program despite the fact he's never been to a Sweet 16.

I mean this sincerely, if that is the only way you can enjoy your football team then I feel sorry for you.

I have consistently defended Fran on ISU message boards. I think Fran is a very solid coach with a very high floor. Those programs can be a lot of fun to follow. I would never question an Iowa fan who has had fun following his program despite the fact he's never been to a Sweet 16.
True Fran has never taken Iowa to the sweet 16. In my days of being a Hawk fan Iowa has had Sweet 16, Elite 8 and Final Four appearances. So while the current coach hasn’t achieved that level of success I have still experienced it.

isu fan has to enjoy seasons with less than 10 wins because isu fan has never known what it is like to have a 10 win season in football.

See the difference?

Besides all that isu fans don’t even slow down claiming their superiority over Iowa in Football. It is always a long list of excuses as to why Iowa’s success doesn’t really count and conversely why isu if things ignored or changed is more successful than Iowa. If the world would only ignore reality the way clown fans demand, things would be so much better for them.

Last edited:
7-5 this year would be a good season. I'd be surprised if many are picking ISU to finish better, if that good.

As for Campbell, his teams start slowly. He's far from perfect. But the past five years, only Oklahoma has more conference wins than ISU. He has beaten every conference opponent at least twice, and has won at every venue in the league. He has more wins over top ten teams than any previous ISU coach.

So yes, it's a pain in the ass not having beaten Iowa, but that's one of the few warts.
If they can win a close game that they couldn't seem to do last year, I'd say even 8 - 4 at the top end. I don't think the game in Iowa City will be a win though unless Iowa has something like 3 bad turnovers.

If they can win a close game that they couldn't seem to do last year, I'd say even 8 - 4 at the top end. I don't think the game in Iowa City will be a win though unless Iowa has something like 3 bad turnovers.
The biggest question about the game in IC is if Dekkers survives until the 3rd quarter. Fat boy will be running for his life.

ISU will be left to "trick" plays to move the ball. I look for another "surrender" from Matty like the game they had vs Louisiana.

5* culture baby. And they'll hoist the "togetherness" trophy at the post game presser.

I think Kansas State is going to be better than most people are predicting. Excellent coach, and I suspect that Martinez will flourish in their system.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
The biggest question about the game in IC is if Dekkers survives until the 3rd quarter. Fat boy will be running for his life.

ISU will be left to "trick" plays to move the ball. I look for another "surrender" from Matty like the game they had vs Louisiana.

5* culture baby. And they'll hoist the "togetherness" trophy at the post game presser.
Will he bench Dekkers in the 3rd quarter like he did to senior Purdy at his own home field????

I think Kansas State is going to be better than most people are predicting. Excellent coach, and I suspect that Martinez will flourish in their system.
I do think Martinez will be much better there than at Nebraska. I don't know what KSU has for receivers, but if they are good I suspect he will be a surprise.

Hey 515clowns why are clown fans and cryababy Pollard so quiet this year about isu football ticket sales?

Funny how this works.
Pollard has bigger problems... like trying to figure out how to fund an athletics program with limited funding.

Probably be begging the Iowa legislature for $$$.

Remember... the Iowa Governor is an ISU grad... kinda!

Being positive how? Last year at this time I thought the Big 12 was over and ISU would be making 10 million a year in TV rights.
So you weren’t in the ‘ISU to the B1G’ camp like many others in your delusional fan base?

Pollard has bigger problems... like trying to figure out how to fund an athletics program with limited funding.

Probably be begging the Iowa legislature for $$$.

Remember... the Iowa Governor is an ISU grad... kinda!
You are right, Pollard has bigger problems. He is still being a crybaby about his kid falling down.

“IT’S NOT FAIR”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT