ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds’ voucher program will cost Iowa taxpayers over $200 million in year two

I said I know of one that does and I spelled it out for everyone in my first post. They choose to not have a program so they ship them to another district. You choose to take my reply and twist it. So you don’t like the word refuse. Fine. They accept these kids then ship them to another district along with $$$.
The public school is not refusing, they are accommodating the student. And the $$ go where the student needs then to go.

Refusing the student would mean they tell them they have to find their own educational support. Like private schools do.

Reactions: Joes Place
Anybody that had any sort of deduction was not paying 9%. I never paid more than 4.7% before the tax cut bill because of all the deductions.
Once your deductions were done everything was at app 9%.
You realize how tax schedules and calculations work right?
Yeah - once my federal and other deductions factored in the first $$ were at a lower rate. Everything after that was app 9%. I got clobbered one year.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Once your deductions were done everything was at app 9%.
You realize how tax schedules and calculations work right?
Yeah - once my federal and other deductions factored in the first $$ were at a lower rate. Everything after that was app 9%. I got clobbered one year.
Lol. What year was that?

Iowa is lowering state tax and at some point, will be a flat tax state. This will encourage people to move into the state especially those living in blue states which tax people to death.
Rico……a few years ago, I saw a break-down of taxes charged state by state….all taxes/fees included…..Iowa ranked 26th in the nation in taxation……about right in the middle….
Iowa’s income tax rate was high (Top 10 maybe) but other taxes (property/sales, etc) all added together put Iowa 26th……I would assume these tax rates were lower……
Iowa lowers its income tax rates…….what happens? The state still needs $$ and it will get it from somewhere (tax) else……unless there is a rather substantial cut in services to Iowans. Someone has to pay and the money comes from somewhere…..any ideas? Other than a severe reduction in county government (reducing the number of county seats) what? And by the way……good luck with that idea! If towns hate losing their schools……what do you think when you reduce the number of county governments from 99 to say 20 or fewer? Somebody is gonna scream “Bloody MUrder!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT