ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds covid-19 approval ranks dead last in the nation

“I trust Iowans to do the right thing...”
^^^Translation... I'm not sure what to suggest, so, you Iowans do what you think needs to be done.

When I saw the 28% approval, frankly. I thought that was a bit high. I'm guessing she has a chance to hit the teens by Halloween.

Those of us that know her background are not surprised by this survey.

Despite what you want to believe she doesn't control the actions of 3.1 million Iowans, especially 18-25 year olds who are spreading the bug right now.
She bent over backwards for the meatnpacking plants and kept super spreader sites open. She also could issue a mask mandate, which even some Republican governors have done. She is just too spineless to take action.

She bent over backwards for the meatnpacking plants and kept super spreader sites open. She also could issue a mask mandate, which even some Republican governors have done. She is just too spineless to take action.
It was pretty obvious from the onset of the virus explosion, that Kimmy was getting pressure from farm/ag interests to not shut down the meat packers.

I won't say it was her biggest mistake because that's a big list, but it was a huge blunder on her part.

The trip to the WH sealed her reputation as a puppet.

It was pretty obvious from the onset of the virus explosion, that Kimmy was getting pressure from farm/ag interests to not shut down the meat packers.

I won't say it was her biggest mistake because that's a big list, but it was a huge blunder on her part.

The trip to the WH sealed her reputation as a puppet.

Her biggest mistake has yet to be fully realized yet with her regulations sent out to the schools, this is going to get really ugly in a lot of communities across the state. Kids get sick (some really sick), some teachers dying (many getting sick for weeks), some parents dying (many getting sick for weeks) and she is going to own all of those outcomes, when that happens she will be sitting in the 15% support zone.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Her biggest mistake has yet to be fully realized yet with her regulations sent out to the schools, this is going to get really ugly in a lot of communities across the state. Kids get sick (some really sick), some teachers dying (many getting sick for weeks), some parents dying (many getting sick for weeks) and she is going to own all of those outcomes, when that happens she will be sitting in the 15% support zone.
I think if her approval ratings hadn't shrunk <45%, cons could make the argument that people were making a partisan evaluation of her actions.

The fact that she's under 30% removes the partisan argument. It's clear she's not being viewed favorably by even members of her own Party.

Iowans obviously are experiencing "buyers' remorse' with Kimmy. The question isn't if she'll change, because she won't. The question is if Republicans value Party over the stability of the State???

She's no longer "grandma on the trampoline". She's now claimed the title "puppet of the WH".

There are currently under 30 people with Covid in the largest health system in Des Moines.

I used to to think you guys were just stupid, but you are officially crazy. I wish you luck getting through the rest of your pathetic lives.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
Somebody activated the Lwade Kim bat signal

Wireready_04-06-2018-12-26-02_01967_tysonfoods.jpg

Somebody activated the Lwade Kim bat signal

Wireready_04-06-2018-12-26-02_01967_tysonfoods.jpg

no bar signal necessary when this thread pops up every couple days so a bunch of broke white males can rip on a female who has overcome longer odds to become more successful than them. I would be upset too.

no bar signal necessary when this thread pops up every couple days so a bunch of broke white males can rip on a female who has overcome longer odds to become more successful than them. I would be upset too.

The Iowa Gov makes $130k per year, I’d hardly qualify that as successful. Or are you saying we should expect incompetence for a low wage employee such as Kim?

Appears your psych degree was as fruitful as the governor’s online degree.

L Wade always mentions Reynolds gender when defending her.
No one cares about that but him. Plenty of real issues she hasn’t handled well.

there is no other logical reason for making the comments that are made here. You are literally ignoring every piece of data and every outcome.

I think if her approval ratings hadn't shrunk <45%, cons could make the argument that people were making a partisan evaluation of her actions.

The fact that she's under 30% removes the partisan argument. It's clear she's not being viewed favorably by even members of her own Party.

Iowans obviously are experiencing "buyers' remorse' with Kimmy. The question isn't if she'll change, because she won't. The question is if Republicans value Party over the stability of the State???

She's no longer "grandma on the trampoline". She's now claimed the title "puppet of the WH".
Or...”whose that old lady the Donald has spread on the bar?”

I thought she was doing okay to passable until trump summoned her to Washington. Since then she has simply done his bidding.

Reactions: unIowa and mstp1992
There are currently under 30 people with Covid in the largest health system in Des Moines.

I used to to think you guys were just stupid, but you are officially crazy. I wish you luck getting through the rest of your pathetic lives.
Supposedly you are good with ciphering and the such. If her numbers are this bad, shouldn’t you be talking to a much larger sampling of Iowans than just us losers, right? The numbers indicate a lot of people don’t like what she is doing, and not doing. Thanks for telling us about one provider in Des Moines. That hammers home your point.

The goal of government has never been to not have any spread of this disease. It has been to not overwhelm our emergency healthcare system. In that respect, she has done a terrific job. Also, I have seen articles stating that as much as half of the hospitality sector may be forced out of business nationwide. I believe that in retrospect, Iowa will fare very well in this regard and will not have to rebuild its hospitality sector as so many other States will. History will be the judge, however IMHO, she has done a terrific job. Iowa's unemployment rate is around 10%. Compare that to States like NY and MA with 15%. NYC has an unemployment rate of 20%. Once we can open up fully due development of a vaccine, we will be able to turn on the spigot. Not so much in States like IL, NY, MA and CA.

I don't think there's any way to twist or spin these approval numbers. Iowans ae simply not happy with Kimmy and her response in dealing with problems.

Tough times are when REAL leaders are tested. Like our President, the Iowa Governor has failed miserably.

The real, proper thing to do would be for Kimmy to admit her mistakes and promise Iowans she will try and do better. I'm not expecting that to occur because she's taking orders from others.

Iowans deserve better.

I don't think there's any way to twist or spin these approval numbers. Iowans ae simply not happy with Kimmy and her response in dealing with problems.

Tough times are when REAL leaders are tested. Like our President, the Iowa Governor has failed miserably.

The real, proper thing to do would be for Kimmy to admit her mistakes and promise Iowans she will try and do better. I'm not expecting that to occur because she's taking orders from others.

Iowans deserve better.

I really wish she were up for election this year.

WHERE ARE ALL THE REYNOLD'S DEFENDERS?

Asking for a friend.
I think all of 3 or 4 of them are in this thread. So 100 to 200 HROTers see what's going on (in this and other threads), 3-4 defend her for reasons known to them, and then you have OiT and some other new handle that has popped up that doesn't believe anything, including that 9/11 wasn't perpetrated by our own government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT