ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi blood money golf field announced

LIV's last couple of pickups this week have been sort of notable for their (young) age. Not particular overwhelming names, but perhaps most telling, they seem to be picking up some highly regarded, rising young amateur talents. What that says to me is that they're actually playing a long game. And if this turns into a 'recruiting war' among college free agents, that could actually pose a long term threat.

force them to play along with the farce any of this matters
Wait, is there ‘golf that matters’ being played somewhere?
What are we doing here?
Isn’t the farce that these guy get millions for hitting a ball with a stick?
They’re entertainers, let’s quit with the idea this ‘matters’ somewhere, somehow.

Wait, is there ‘golf that matters’ being played somewhere?
What are we doing here?
Isn’t the farce that these guy get millions for hitting a ball with a stick?
They’re entertainers, let’s quit with the idea this ‘matters’ somewhere, somehow.
KVV thinks he is clever and witty

Interesting that Wolff today spouts bullshit about what matters is how you treat and respect people... Does the moron even know who's writing him the check to go to LIV?

Reactions: torbee
LIV's last couple of pickups this week have been sort of notable for their (young) age. Not particular overwhelming names, but perhaps most telling, they seem to be picking up some highly regarded, rising young amateur talents. What that says to me is that they're actually playing a long game. And if this turns into a 'recruiting war' among college free agents, that could actually pose a long term threat.
Agreed. I think we're hitting the point now where it's going to come down to sponsors. If they continue to stay on the sidelines then how many players can they afford to pay to give up their ability to play on the main tours? The major amateur players become millionaires without winning anything through that alone. And talented or not what kind of value is this tour going to get by throwing tons of money at players still mostly unknown to golf fans.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Agreed. I think we're hitting the point now where it's going to come down to sponsors. If they continue to stay on the sidelines then how many players can they afford to pay to give up their ability to play on the main tours? The major amateur players become millionaires without winning anything through that alone. And talented or not what kind of value is this tour going to get by throwing tons of money at players still mostly unknown to golf fans.

Tour doesn’t get a lot of eyes on TV relatively speaking; it lives off its demographic of older, rich, men.

I don’t see them switching to LIV to watch only a few names they know, at weird times, on courses that are not the typical tour locations.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I just don’t see Cadillac or SAP supporting LIV right now.

Reactions: torbee
Tour doesn’t get a lot of eyes on TV relatively speaking; it lives off its demographic of older, rich, men.

I don’t see them switching to LIV to watch only a few names they know, at weird times, on courses that are not the typical tour locations.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I just don’t see Cadillac or SAP supporting LIV right now.
You are right as to right now. But I’m just not so sour about down the road. The pga has the advantages of inertia and familiarity among fAns. But eventually if talent shifts it could be a different story

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
tumblr_md8kc1xcfR1r2gj7wo1_400.gif

All about the Boobs and the Benjamins (look closely at the shirt of Pat Perez).

GettyImages-1405730542.jpg

Edit: um, maybe "bombs" work, meant Boobs

Last edited:
Reactions: doughuddl2
Ha. Just turned on Golf Channel for the JDC and they were just finishing up a piece on Fred Couples. On PP he said:

"I heard of all people Perez was a little confrontational. He's a grain of sand in this tour. He should be soft and kind, but he's like raising his voice. I'm done with it."
He's almost a journeyman level player. Just four wins (but has been able to keep his card consistently, it seems). I'm with Freddy on this one.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
With this choad, DeChambeau and Koepka they should just officially rename it the Doosh Toor.
It really is falling into two categories the way these players are splitting up, isn't it? The obnoxious doosh, all about the money tour and the traditional golf tour.

Reactions: littlez and torbee
OK, bumping this thread because this story is just a little too rich.

The guy who has probably been the primary flame-fanner in the whole affair...I guess we are nearing a pain point.

OK, bumping this thread because this story is just a little too rich.

The guy who has probably been the primary flame-fanner in the whole affair...I guess we are nearing a pain point.
Hey Talor Gooch says LIV is the same as the Ryder Cup. I say let the LIV guys rot.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I completely and 100% agree with everything Billy Horschel said here. It is 100% factually correct. The LIV guys and their supporters act like the PGA Tour is "owned" by some greedy owner that just won't share or that Monahan has been keeping the money for himself and none of that is even close to true. The PGA Tour is the members, so when they take shots at it they are taking shots at their fellow golfers. By joining LIV you are now their employee, so that "independent contractor" crap gets thrown out the window. And don't try to claim you joined LIV so you could play less golf then fight and sue to play more golf on the PGA Tour. PGA Tour has a 15 event minimum, that's it. So playing all the LIV events they are now contractually obligated to play and hitting the 15 PGA Tour minimum means they'll be playing close to 30 events. That makes no sense. Just go play LIV and quit bitching. You made a choice and nobody stopped you.

JT said it best, just have the balls to come out and say you went to the LIV for the money.

I completely and 100% agree with everything Billy Horschel said here. It is 100% factually correct. The LIV guys and their supporters act like the PGA Tour is "owned" by some greedy owner that just won't share or that Monahan has been keeping the money for himself and none of that is even close to true. The PGA Tour is the members, so when they take shots at it they are taking shots at their fellow golfers. By joining LIV you are now their employee, so that "independent contractor" crap gets thrown out the window. And don't try to claim you joined LIV so you could play less golf then fight and sue to play more golf on the PGA Tour. PGA Tour has a 15 event minimum, that's it. So playing all the LIV events they are now contractually obligated to play and hitting the 15 PGA Tour minimum means they'll be playing close to 30 events. That makes no sense. Just go play LIV and quit bitching. You made a choice and nobody stopped you.

JT said it best, just have the balls to come out and say you went to the LIV for the money.
i got no problem with that. no different than any other sport. to be clear, I don't really have a favorite golf tour.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT