ADVERTISEMENT

*****SE Mo St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Big win. I lot to like about how they played tonight. Hopefully, the shots keep falling for Sandfort and Tony P gets it going.
I just hope that if Payton took anything from this game, its that there are many other ways to score than to just keep launching 3s (especially if they aren't falling).

Most of his points tonight came off drives to the hoop, and inside the arc.

BOOOOOO! 👎🏼

Seriously though, nice win for the Hawkeyes.

I supposed my Redhawks can claim something of a moral victory after holding Iowa under 110. I’m sure the kids at SEMO will be partying tonight from the Towers Complex to Cardiac Hill.

😉
Chin up, dude.

Not many teams can survive getting a full dose of Rebraca-ing. As well as two other guys going off for 20+ as well.

Good luck to them the rest of the way in the OVC.

I just hope that if Payton took anything from this game, its that there are many other ways to score than to just keep launching 3s (especially if they aren't falling).

Most of his points tonight came off drives to the hoop, and inside the arc.

I dont think he gets many of those looks versus a decent team. He needs to hit 3s and missed 3 wide open looks again.

In a game like this, yeah, but if Fran is ever forced to press him into meaningful playing time against a good opponent?

Woof!
At least the game thread here has some interest....2 pages in the lounge and it's because posters there can't complain for the most part. I get the thought on Mulvey but do keep in mind he's really only a true frosh.....not sure if he will ever get there or not and in years past like for me like 40 plus years, we've had our fair share of tall lanky bigs that need time to grow skills into their height but end up being damn good centers....

The problem today though for Mulvey and others like him is there is this thing called the portal .....

Anyway.....the bigger points is very nice win for the boys.....like Bruce Weber said in the first half....56 is a lot of points and when you have a potential first round sitting on the bench. I said that...

At least the game thread here has some interest....2 pages in the lounge and it's because posters there can't complain for the most part. I get the thought on Mulvey but do keep in mind he's really only a true frosh.....not sure if he will ever get there or not and in years past like for me like 40 plus years, we've had our fair share of tall lanky bigs that need time to grow skills into their height but end up being damn good centers....

The problem today though for Mulvey and others like him is there is this thing called the portal .....

Anyway.....the bigger points is very nice win for the boys.....like Bruce Weber said in the first half....56 is a lot of points and when you have a potential first round sitting on the bench. I said that...
You're not wrong, but when Rebraca is your only true starter-worthy "big" - at least in the terms of a the 5 position, body-type wise (& he's not really tall enough to be a "true" C - you really need a guy (or 2) who can back him up.

Big Jelly is the best option, and he still needs lots of work to be worthy of more meaningful minutes. Mulvey is a looooooong way off still.

Reactions: EduNeerHawk
You're not wrong, but when Rebraca is your only true starter-worthy "big" - at least in the terms of a the 5 position, body-type wise (& he's not really tall enough to be a "true" C - you really need a guy (or 2) who can back him up.

Big Jelly is the best option, and he still needs lots of work to be worthy of more meaningful minutes. Mulvey is a looooooong way off still.
Oh I get this for sure....and oh how I wish we had Nunge or an Olesani on the roster.....damn....but we don't. I said this earlier today and everyone in the studio and Weber said this too that with a healthy Kris....this team can compete for the BIG title....why? We can put the ball in the basket that's why.... need Kris back though.

He's had more line faults on opponents this year than I have seen in the past 10.
I said the same thing to the Mrs. I think thats 4 times this year he's got a lane violation and an new shot. I wonder if he has some funky hesitation in his movement into the shot, thats throwing guys off. its like a false start in football....

I said the same thing to the Mrs. I think thats 4 times this year he's got a lane violation and a new shot. I wonder if he has some funky hesitation in his movement into the shot, thats throwing guys off. its like a false start in football....
He does. On his initial part of loading up his shot, he has a hitch to it. It’s subtle but it’s there. Throws me off all the time.

BOOOOOO! 👎🏼

Seriously though, nice win for the Hawkeyes.

I supposed my Redhawks can claim something of a moral victory after holding Iowa under 110. I’m sure the kids at SEMO will be partying tonight from the Towers Complex to Cardiac Hill.

😉
Yeah, kind of ugly down the stretch. I think the team manager got a few minutes at the end.

I dont think he gets many of those looks versus a decent team. He needs to hit 3s and missed 3 wide open looks again.
It was great to have him see the ball go through the basket. But agree with you that against good teams he just is not going to get the same shots that he did against SEMO. Against top 100 teams this year, he has made 2-20 3-pointers and 7-16 2 pointers. He just can't get layups and easy shots against good teams (news flash, it's hard for any player to get good shots against good teams).

I said the same thing to the Mrs. I think thats 4 times this year he's got a lane violation and an new shot. I wonder if he has some funky hesitation in his movement into the shot, thats throwing guys off. its like a false start in football....
He does have a little hesitation. And the funny thing is that he's made the subsequent FT every time. :)

Oh I get this for sure....and oh how I wish we had Nunge or an Olesani on the roster.....damn....but we don't. I said this earlier today and everyone in the studio and Weber said this too that with a healthy Kris....this team can compete for the BIG title....why? We can put the ball in the basket that's why.... need Kris back though.
Could we? Sure. Will we? Not a chance.

If Iowa had landed a decent 6’10/6’11 big in the offseason, this Iowa team could have been a legit conference contender. Every time I see Josh O or Mulvey on the floor, I just sigh.
johnny depp eating GIF

I’ll be completely honest, I know nothing about basketball and only watch a few games a year.

Got a chance to watch some second half last night.

Please tell me #44 Mulvey doesn’t have a scholarship.

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT