ADVERTISEMENT

So...maybe the lab leak theory is back

That the MAGAs wouldn't take....

So Sad.
Lots of Americans, MAGA or no MAGA didn’t want to take it. Blame everything on one subset of people that isn’t even a substantial pct of the population.

The circumstantial evidence mixed with China’s actions after sure point to a lab situation. I don’t think intentionally leaked but simply an accident.

What I don’t understand is many in here’s absolutely reluctance to even open their mind to think it wasn’t a guy eating a bat.

Yet you seem to be able to understand holding a similarly absolute position. That mindset to me is more interesting than waiting to see what time may reveal in regards to the origin point.

The conservatives have resisted vaccines more than any other political group.

Which is why you see the trending of higher vaccinations the bluer the counties are, and higher deaths rates the redder the counties are.
Awesome, less mean MAGAs around to really get you crying on a message board.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Yes.
Accusing scientists in a lab of creating something that there isn't any evidence they did it, is libeling them.
Remember this?

A World Health Organisation mission to study the covid pandemic’s origins in China, which announced in February that the possibility that the virus had escaped from a laboratory needed no further investigation,1 was put under pressure by Chinese scientists who made up half the team to reach that conclusion, the scientist who led the mission has said.

Peter Ben Embarek, who led the scientists dispatched by WHO to Wuhan, told a Danish television documentary, broadcast on 12 August, that the Chinese scientists refused to even discuss the lab leak scenario2 unless the final report dismissed any need for further investigation.

Yes.
Accusing scientists in a lab of creating something that there isn't any evidence they did it, is libeling them.
No accusation are necessary, just the acknowledgment of the fact that bat viruses were being toyed with blocks from the “center of the outback.” It’s not libel unless you come out and just directly state an entire situation.

The media is allowed to speculate. Good god, I’d love seeing a bunch of Chinese nationals come here and try to win a libel case. LOL

Reactions: Hawkman34
Remember this?

A World Health Organisation mission to study the covid pandemic’s origins in China, which announced in February that the possibility that the virus had escaped from a laboratory needed no further investigation,1 was put under pressure by Chinese scientists who made up half the team to reach that conclusion, the scientist who led the mission has said.

Peter Ben Embarek, who led the scientists dispatched by WHO to Wuhan, told a Danish television documentary, broadcast on 12 August, that the Chinese scientists refused to even discuss the lab leak scenario2 unless the final report dismissed any need for further investigation.

Yep

Ben Embarek told reporters that a lab leak was “extremely unlikely.” Asked by Denmark’s TV2 if that wording was a Chinese requirement, he said, “It was the category we chose to put it in at the end, yes.” This did not mean it was not impossible, he added.

#Doesn'tReadHisOwnLinks

No accusation are necessary, just the acknowledgment of the fact that bat viruses were being toyed with blocks from the “center of the outback.”
Uh....they reported on that.

Constantly.

What they did not perpetuate were unsubstantiated claims, which is what was stated above.

Yep

Ben Embarek told reporters that a lab leak was “extremely unlikely.” Asked by Denmark’s TV2 if that wording was a Chinese requirement, he said, “It was the category we chose to put it in at the end, yes.” This did not mean it was not impossible, he added.

#Doesn'tReadHisOwnLinks
And this one from Biden’s team

Uh....they reported on that.

Constantly.

What they did not perpetuate were unsubstantiated claims, which is what was stated above.
Bs. They dismissed it as an anti Chinese right wing conspiracy theory. It was none of the above. It was the most likely cause from the get go for anyone using their head.

Also, he changed his mind. Lol

While the WHO Wuhan report describes the theory of laboratory origin as “extremely unlikely,” now Embarek called it “probable” and “a likely scenario.”

Bs. They dismissed it as an anti Chinese right wing conspiracy theory.

Because it WAS.

Again: ZERO EVIDENCE. The scientists who evaluated the DNA sequencing found NO INDICATIONS of genetic manipulations. That is what they reported.

If there HAD been evidence of manipulation, they would have reported that.

Also, he changed his mind. Lol

While the WHO Wuhan report describes the theory of laboratory origin as “extremely unlikely,” now Embarek called it “probable” and “a likely scenario.”

You AGAIN did not read your link.

Really odd, how nearly EVERY other scientist/expert on Covid/bats/coronaviruses has informed us "we do not know specifically the animal this originated in", but your guy magically claims exactly what type of bat it was.

What is that conclusion based upon? Because no one else seems to agree on it.

Did no one watch this?

If you did and still think its unlikely lab made I don't know what to tell you.

Can anyone refute or explain the "never before seen in this family of sars virus' furin cleavage site"?

By all accounts Jeffrey Sachs is a pretty well know and respected liberal....well he was anyway until he started digging into this....

Most compelling evidence yet for the lab leak theory. Strong stuff here. Of the people I follow who I consider the strongest experts and least partisan on COVID, most have acknowledged the possibility of lab leak while still believing the greater weight of evidence was on the side of zoonotic origin. So that's where I've been.But this is the most compelling scientific evidence yet of synthetic origin.

I'm quoting the retweet, because the guy retweeting is an expert I respect. He is neither a covid alarmist or a minimizer, is pro vaccine but lockdown cautious, so is absolutely hated by both zero covid nuts and anti-vax lunatics on Twitter. But he absolutely knows his shit. However, I encourage you to read the thread he's quoting, its vaguely understandable even to a moron like me.

This is neither final, nor definitive, and the authors themselves regret their findings and invite others to disprove them.

Most compelling evidence yet for the lab leak theory. Strong stuff here. Of the people I follow who I consider the strongest experts and least partisan on COVID, most have acknowledged the possibility of lab leak while still believing the greater weight of evidence was on the side of zoonotic origin. So that's where I've been.But this is the most compelling scientific evidence yet of synthetic origin.

I'm quoting the retweet, because the guy retweeting is an expert I respect. He is neither a covid alarmist or a minimizer, is pro vaccine but lockdown cautious, so is absolutely hated by both zero covid nuts and anti-vax lunatics on Twitter. But he absolutely knows his shit. However, I encourage you to read the thread he's quoting, its vaguely understandable even to a moron like me.

This is neither final, nor definitive, and the authors themselves regret their findings and invite others to disprove them.

Did no one watch this?

If you did and still think its unlikely lab made I don't know what to tell you.

Can anyone refute or explain the "never before seen in this family of sars virus' furin cleavage site"?
Sure.

Go pull some of the key literature on the virus, vs silly Youtube videos.

That's a published, peer reviewed article, about zoonotic viruses and wet markets.
From 20 yrs ago

If you read it, you might learn something.
God forbid, you learned something...
You’re talking to the guy who said he would vote for Trump over ANY Democrat with the possible exception of Manchin (he would still vote for Trump). He’s not going to “learn” anything.

Is there a case attributed to zoonotic spillover where they never found it in any host animals after years of searching?
Ummm…Ebola as already stated. SARS - another coronavirus that is far deadlier than Covid. Still don’t know where it came from. And those two have been researched for lots longer.

I suspect there are lots more. It’s not some isolated phenomenon.

Ummm…Ebola as already stated. SARS - another coronavirus that is far deadlier than Covid. Still don’t know where it came from. And those two have been researched for lots longer.

I suspect there are lots more. It’s not some isolated phenomenon.

And, again, none of this precludes the possibility of any "lab leak" from a natural or engineered virus. There's just no clear evidence of it; whereas there is fairly clear evidence that the "wet markets" are breeding grounds for zoonotic spillover.

Link
In some circumstances, Ebola may be spread from sick or dead wild animals. It is not known for sure which wild animals carry Ebola, but it has been found in bats, monkeys, and apes.

Link
In some circumstances, Ebola may be spread from sick or dead wild animals. It is not known for sure which wild animals carry Ebola, but it has been found in bats, monkeys, and apes.

So, they know about as much about Ebola zoonotic crossover as Covid.
That's what people keep telling you.

Since I shared the original tweet, here is the best refutation that I found:

There you go with "How to make a SARS-CoV-2 BsaI/BsmBI restriction map from BANAL-20-247"

The "Remove 4, add 1 restriction sites" as Bruttel et al propose is much more work and not required.
It is sufficient you design the right PCR primer sequences.
16/

Proposing a remove-and-add-strategy is only helpful if you want to imply that SARS-CoV-2 contains telltale footprints of genome fiddling.
[COLOR=%s]You can do that without leaving any such footprints, and it even saves you time, money and work.
As Xie et al did in their paper
[/COLOR]

17/

Not unimportant to add that BANAL-20-247 and the other viruses have hundreds of nucleotide differences to SARS-CoV-2 that are spread all over their genome.
So you just cant make a SARS-CoV-2 out of them by some remove-and-add plus fragment cloning.
That figure is nonsense
And yes, also other aspects of the preprint by Bruttel et al seem like, well, I let others speak here
/18

19/

20/

Weird.

Your "lab leak theory" posters took down that Tweet (or Twitter did) because it appears that it's complete disinformation. Debunked by people who actually do this kind of work for a living.

Makes you wonder why people go to so much effort to deceive others with "scientific gobbledygook" and simply post "preprints" for conspiracy sites to regurgitate, never bothering to actually publish or address criticisms of their work.

Looks pretty bad, when you make up a "test" to demonstrate something is an "engineered" virus, and an actual virologist can put a few truly natural viruses into your "test" that shows them even MORE LIKELY to be engineered, when we know they were not....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT