ADVERTISEMENT

So they are really going to shut out 13-0 FSU?

It became shitty when we let subjective biases dictate who is "worthy." It should be about resume, period.

An undefeated P5 champ being shut out by two 1-loss champs, 1 that has already lost by 10 to another playoff team, makes the whole system a failure.
I liked it better when we argued about it after all the bowls.

It’s pretty self-evident that you can’t really ever crown “one true champion”

What’s really going to pour salt in the wound for FSU is if once this is all said and done, Michigan is forced to vacate their wins this season. Even though Harbaugh has served his suspension through the Big Ten, the NCAA still hasn’t finalized their punishment for the sign stealing scandal as well as his recruiting violations.

Get them to convince Notre Dame to come with. As soon as that happens, it happens.
The conference would welcome them with open arms by sundown tonight if they were smart.
Problem is, both teams, especially FSU, will have a ton of NFL draft prospects not play. I honestly also think you may see FSU decline bid and let ESPN have the ratings another ACC team will get them and let the bowl pool go down one team. I am sure they are considering it. The decline could come at a press conference that calls out ESPN and SEC collusion and corruption. It’s going to be ugly. Already big backlash in sports media. Anyone not with ESPN and SEC can see it for what it is.

PS. go **** yourself @FAUlty Gator
Declining would be absolutely awesome. I love this idea.

Not a Nole fan but hard not to feel awful for Jordan Travis after reading his tweet. Put in a terrible spot but is showing a ton of maturity and class.

Disagree. We will get a serviceable second string QB back and have the best defense in country right now. Defenses win championships and can even make a guy like Trent Dilfer a Superbowl winner.
Winning is different then beating Georgia handily

Why play, winning doesn’t matter. Just makes money for espn
I’m mocking him after he suggested I was on drugs for predicting this exact scenario.

The SEC / Big Ten and big money are king and the committee just solidified that.

I’m guessing you guys will announce your departure from the ACC very soon. I’d be livid.

I feel bad for FSU fans, but I absolutely love this from a national perspective….maybe the playoff isn’t much better than the BCS eh?

Cant really say this is “one true champion” either.

Even when you expand the field there will still be arguments….and then Bama/Georgia/etc will still win it anyways.

For max chaos I wish they would have left UW, UT or Michigan out for Georgia too.

You guys absolutely cannot decline a bowl invite. Don't even think about it. You don't turn that money down as an athletic department and you need those extra practices for future development of players returning.

You go out there and kick someone's ass is what you do.

That being said...you guys got screwed big time and you have my sympathies.

The rationale totally falls apart when you realize the Committee ranked FSU ahead of Georgia, Ohio State, and Oregon.
None of it makes any logical sense. The committee needed Alabama in and worked backward from there to try to justify it. But all their justifications fall apart on closer examination.

If we had put another 20 points on Louisville would they have put us in? Nope.

the barstool bowl game would be perfect for fsu. they could probably get big money to go there with their boycott of espn

It has to happen. They needed a sec team and to do that they had to put UT in too to justify it. When we all know it’s about money.
I won’t watch any of the games and hope fsu doesn’t play.
Part of me is here and the other part of me is to watch FSU play Georgia and beat them with their 3rd string QB just to stick it to ESPN. I'm not sure which is more satisfying though. Well, FSU needs to play Georgia in a game that ESPN isn't covering, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT