ADVERTISEMENT

So they are really going to shut out 13-0 FSU?

Some interesting rumors, at least in SW Florida, today. One is that FSU is going to sue for income they won't get from the playoffs. Another is that another conference is ready to offer them a spot in their league. Both I think are just that, rumors.

But one that may have some juice is that FSU may boycott the Orange Bowl. In the wake of that rumor, the OB cancelled their scheduled press conference with Norvell and Smart, without any explanation.

Sadly, this all leaves the Noles with a bowl game they simply HAVE to win. If they lose, they essentially verify the committee was right. If they boycott, everyone will jump on the "they were scared to play Georgia". A win over Georgia now becomes a must, or we'll seem to be sore losers. This all sucks.

ACC
Miami: 83, 87, 89, 91, 01
Florida State: 93, 99, 13, 23
Clemson: 88, 16, 18
Georgia Tech: 81
Pitt: 76
*Notre Dame: 73, 77, 88

Big Ten
Nebraska: 94, 95, 97
*USC: 74, 78, 03, 04
Ohio State: 02, 14
Michigan: 97
*Washington: 91
Pedo State: 82, 86

And if you count titles when teams were actually in the league then it’s ACC 7 to Big Ten 3.
200w.gif

But one that may have some juice is that FSU may boycott the Orange Bowl. In the wake of that rumor, the OB cancelled their scheduled press conference with Norvell and Smart, without any explanation.
This was specifically addressed on Noles247 that both Kirby and Mike are swamped with recruiting and reps will be sent to handle this going forward. Just goes to show you that both the early signing day and playoffs have made even the historic Orange Bowl meaningless.

Some interesting rumors, at least in SW Florida, today. One is that FSU is going to sue for income they won't get from the playoffs. Another is that another conference is ready to offer them a spot in their league. Both I think are just that, rumors.

Sadly, this all leaves the Noles with a bowl game they simply HAVE to win. If they lose, they essentially verify the committee was right. If they boycott, everyone will jump on the "they were scared to play Georgia". A win over Georgia now becomes a must, or we'll seem to be sore losers. This all sucks.

I posted this days ago. I agree. Sore losers AND a L will justify that the Committee was correct.

I disagree with the boycott. FSU IMO has been put in a limited options situation and has 1 option. Win. Everything else will look bad.

Not even bothering with the rumors. Until it's announced its all just chatter.

thanks for posting that guy nailed it. people can say sour grapes but facts don’t lie and the committee came up with their own criteria on the fly to justify alabama and texas being in. $$$$$$$

Money. Based on sexy matchups from the teams that were in the top 6. Because the ACC is a gimp conference, the ACC and FSU were the easiest to leave out. Think the SEC would take this laying down? Hell, they already started working to their advantage BEFORE the decision. The ACC is now complaining after the decision, the horse is out of the barn...

One of the insinuated and sometimes spoken OTHER areas the ACC is falling behind is respect. People tried to tell me I was wrong, pointed to the ACC vs SEC record this year, but the reality is, many view the ACC as a second tier conference. Power 5 light.... FSU and Clemson made up 50% of the ACC Ws over the SEC, the 2 programs that are the most desperate to leave... WIthout the 2 bell cows, hows the conference matchup look? Its past time to leave.
Spot on. And fair or not, not really worth debating whether ACC is actually just as good as BIG or SEC because from a media spinning perspective for 15 plus years and from a pay standpoint they are not.

To me the big story is the Pac12 imploded and one of the power five conferences went away. On December 3 when the committee picked Alabama and Texas over an undefeated FSU, the ACC (and Big 12) were put on notice that they were no longer a power conference either.

I posted this days ago. I agree. Sore losers AND a L will justify that the Committee was correct.

I disagree with the boycott. FSU IMO has been put in a limited options situation and has 1 option. Win. Everything else will look bad.

Not even bothering with the rumors. Until it's announced its all just chatter.
I don't think FSU will boycott, but Norvell has zero control over the following who will opt out while they prepare for the NFL:

• Johnny Wilson (already declared)
  • Verse
  • Jones
  • Bell
  • Benson
  • Fiske
  • Colman
  • Bethune
  • Travis (injury)
Now, if the Committee wants to talk about a team that's different from the one that went 13-0, look no further than the version that will show up to the Orange Bowl.

I think the chances of us boycotting are some between zilch and zero; I believe the presser was cancelled because both coaches recognized that they had more important things to do - namely, recruiting. NSD is rapidly approaching, portal's open so you have to start recruiting propects there, and you have to recruit your own guys to try to keep any key players from entering the portal.

As for the bowl game, I'm sure many will view it as "I told you so" if FSU loses. Of course, I also believe that those who view it in that fashion are idiots. Both teams will have a number of guys sit it out to avoid injury risk & to begin prepping for the NFL combine, and those who do play - for both teams - don't much want to be there. It'll largely be determined by which team has less attrition & which coach is better able to motivate an unmotivated locker room.

Reactions: BelemNole
National Champions over the last 50 years (Because I don’t GAFS what happened when the forward pass and black athletes weren’t allowed, nor does 99% of the viewing public).

ACC
Miami: 83, 87, 89, 91, 01 (not ACC titles that are granted to the conference)
Florida State: 93, 99, 13, 23
Clemson: 88, 16, 18
Georgia Tech: 81 (backed in an this school is a known bottom feeder since then)
Pitt: 76 (not a ACC title, how has Pitt been since?)
*Notre Dame: 73, 77, 88 (also, a lot of creative liberty with the ACC title)

Big Ten
Nebraska: 94, 95, 97
*USC: 74, 78, 03, 04
Ohio State: 02, 14
Michigan: 97
*Washington: 91
Pedo State: 82, 86

And if you count titles when teams were actually in the league then it’s ACC 7 to Big Ten 3.

I agree with the 7-3, but again, recent history. Recent view of strength. Titles are great, but they aren't the whole conference. It was VERY well documented the ACC was fully riding the coat tail of FSU's strength during the 80s and 90s. Clemson took a turn.

ACC vs BIG all time.
ACC vs others.

Simple Q, do you think the ACC is a stronger football conference than the Big? This season or next?

Why do you think that Michigan was in with the same record, but FSU was out?

Again, the perception is the ACC is the weakest of the 3. I agree.

Spot on. And fair or not, not really worth debating whether ACC is actually just as good as BIG or SEC because from a media spinning perspective for 15 plus years and from a pay standpoint they are not.

To me the big story is the Pac12 imploded and one of the power five conferences went away. On December 3 when the committee picked Alabama and Texas over an undefeated FSU, the ACC (and Big 12) were put on notice that they were no longer a power conference either.

Agree. I would extended and submit on the field the ACC simply isn't as deep. It was known when FSU joined the ACC over the SEC, even Bobby thought so. The historical clout of the BIG carries a ton of weight.

And the PACX toppling was a shock. Agree the ACC has been put on notice. And the response..... ? SMU / CAL / Stanford. Clearly, grasping at the best of the leftovers (maybe), but that expansion doesn't increase the ACC's street cred. Everyone else got the cream of the crop. ACC got the dregs.

I think the chances of us boycotting are some between zilch and zero; I believe the presser was cancelled because both coaches recognized that they had more important things to do - namely, recruiting. NSD is rapidly approaching, portal's open so you have to start recruiting propects there, and you have to recruit your own guys to try to keep any key players from entering the portal.

As for the bowl game, I'm sure many will view it as "I told you so" if FSU loses. Of course, I also believe that those who view it in that fashion are idiots. Both teams will have a number of guys sit it out to avoid injury risk & to begin prepping for the NFL combine, and those who do play - for both teams - don't much want to be there. It'll largely be determined by which team has less attrition & which coach is better able to motivate an unmotivated locker room.

It would be a bad look. Spun to be "FSU is afraid to play UGA". "FSU is a spoiled kid who just complains when they don't get what they want." BIG / SEC wouldn't want to be associated with that. Hell, boycott and it might ensure FSU is stuck in the ACC!!

It would be a bad look. Spun to be "FSU is afraid to play UGA". "FSU is a spoiled kid who just complains when they don't get what they want." BIG / SEC wouldn't want to be associated with that. Hell, boycott and it might ensure FSU is stuck in the ACC!!
I've said as much. Take the week and be pissed, then put on our big boy pants, shut up, and get back to work. Otherwise we just look like scUM fans. People are already coming up with signs for next year's game in Ireland when Game Day is there.

....now, bitching on HROT is, of course, the exception.

Reactions: funksouljon
I would think the players will have plenty of anger as motivation to beat the snot out of Georgia and prove the committee wrong.

Technically, only Wilson has officially declared for the NFL. It's logical conclusion on everyone else. Do you risk injury, thus screwing your NFL shot to "prove" the Committee wrong?

Agreed, career is more valuable. And for the guys who are getting interest in the Portal, why risk injuring yourself on the way out. Sure, if they have an offer, they won't play, but some who are still pending an offer.... its a gamble.

Reactions: alaskanseminole

Sorry but the OB Is NOT going to be cancelled.
Think about it. We sue for lost income and then WE get sued for the OB’s lost income.
Yeah, not realistic or plausible. 🙄😵‍💫🤪

Technically, only Wilson has officially declared for the NFL. It's logical conclusion on everyone else. Do you risk injury, thus screwing your NFL shot to "prove" the Committee wrong?
They can make more tape, against quality competition.
And I bet some of them like to play…

Your announcers for the 2024 Orange Bowl game: Jesse Palmer (analyst), Katie George (sideline) and Joe Tessitore (play-by-play).

• Angry
Reactions: seminoleed

This isn't a knock to either FSU or Georgia but in 2023 college football, nobody gives a shit who's playing in the Orange Bowl or what happens in it

Sorry but the OB Is NOT going to be cancelled.
Think about it. We sue for lost income and then WE get sued for the OB’s lost income.
Yeah, not realistic or plausible. 🙄😵‍💫🤪

No need to be sorry; that was what I was thinking. We're stuck in a lose/lose position.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
This isn't a knock to either FSU or Georgia but in 2023 college football, nobody gives a shit who's playing in the Orange Bowl or what happens in it
True. I live close to the Georgia border and I don’t even care. Weird lack of chemistry between the teams regarding any feelings of a rivalry. Other than our mutual dislike of the gators there’s not much going on.

True. I live close to the Georgia border and I don’t even care. Weird lack of chemistry between the teams regarding any feelings of a rivalry. Other than our mutual dislike of the gators there’s not much going on.

Amazingly, we haven't played against them very much. The last meeting was in the 2003 Sugar Bowl (Georgia won) and before that was the 1984 Citrus Bowl (a tie).

Then you have to go all the way back to the 60s (FSU won four straight from 1961 through 1964). Before that, Georgia won all 5 meeting from 1954 through 1959.

So, Georgia is 6-4-1 all time vs. FSU.

Reactions: goldmom
Amazingly, we haven't played against them very much. The last meeting was in the 2003 Sugar Bowl (Georgia won) and before that was the 1984 Citrus Bowl (a tie).

Then you have to go all the way back to the 60s (FSU won four straight from 1961 through 1964). Before that, Georgia won all 5 meeting from 1954 through 1959.

So, Georgia is 6-4-1 all time vs. FSU.

FSU has home and homes with both UGA and Bama in the next 5 years

Paul Finebaum doubles-down on being the biggest jackass:

Paul Finebaum believes the reaction from Florida State faithful after missing the College Football Playoff has simply been “unprecedented.”

Joining McElroy and Cubelic in the Morning, the SEC Network analyst explained why what he’s seen from Seminoles fans over the last week and a half has surprised him, as he tried to make sense of the situation.

“Really unprecedented,” Finebaum said, regarding the reaction from Florida State fans. “I understand, all the things that have been said, I understand the frustration. But the complete and total reinterpretation of what college football, and the College Football Playoff, is about, to me, has been truly astonishing.

“I never get too upset, or maybe upset at all, about what I read on Twitter, because I realize those are people who can’t get into your show, or any other show, just expressing themselves. But more from just, people in the industry, people who do understand how the CFP is developed and designed. To me, it is just complete and unadulterated fake outrage. It’s part of where we are in society, where people without any facts, without any information, just gravitate to an issue, embrace it, squeeze it and just regurgitate whatever the talking points are. I’m glad we’re not eight days past it. But it’s still out there, and I think it’s one of those narratives that just simply gets created, and never leaves. It doesn’t matter whether it’s true or not.”

Additionally, Finebaum wondered whether if roles were reversed and Alabama was on the outside looking in if we would see a similar reaction.

“At no point have I heard anyone say, ‘Well, what if we reversed it? What would you have to say about Alabama,’ as if they didn’t do anything to get in. To me, they did. They just didn’t have the Jordan Travis situation, and we’re going to hold them hostage for playing a very difficult schedule, and then dealing with the biggest and baddest team in the country and beating them in Georgia,” Finebaum added. “I just think that’s a complete travesty.”

Alas, there’s no changing it now, but Florida State faithful certainly does have a leg to stand on. Everything that could be said has been said by now, and they have a myriad of high-profile pundits in their corner.

Nevertheless, the Seminoles won’t get left out if they have a similar season in 2024. Still, the sting of barely missing the Playoff as an undefeated Power Five champion won’t go away anytime soon.

HEY DICKHEAD: Leaving an undefeated Power 5 Champion out of the playoffs in favor of two (count 'em) TWO one-loss teams is what's unprecedented, you freaking POS.

There are no grounds for a lawsuit. This was nothing more than political grandstanding.

It was also a precedent setting decision. An undefeated power 5 conference champion has never been excluded from the playoffs.

So, no. There has never been a team "fu$$ed" like this before.
So why is Ashley Moody launching antitrust investigation?

Reactions: cmanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT