ADVERTISEMENT

So who won the debate?

No question about it, Kamala took Trump to the woodshed last night. She hung a little bait out there and Trump went berserk - i.e., her description of his rallies with his inflated crowd sizes and his nonsensical gibberish about Hannibal Lector and his nutty "wind mills causing cancer" shtick. Also she verbally punished him for his stance on abortion and his response to the war in Ukraine. She cleverly stated that if Trump were still president Putin would be sitting in Kiev today. Trump's refusal to say he wanted Ukraine to win the war added credence to the fact that he's still a Putin suck-up. And kudos to the moderators for acknowledging to Trump that he recently admitted that he did in fact lose the 2020 election. The implication here of course is that he pushed the Big Lie to everyone including his gullible base and sadly they believed him.

So we were lied to by Biden and Harris?
Nope.

They acknowledge there are problems and have worked in a bipartisan manner to have it addressed only to have that legislation nixed because of Trump.

Again, here is Harris in 2021 going to Texas (after going to Central America) to work on solutions:

Glossed right over the "we have a secure border" part I see....
Our border crossings are secured by gates and law enforcment personnel. I don't believe anyone has suggested it is an impermeable and perfect border - which, again, is WHY Harris and Biden have both committed to improving border security.

In the quote you shared, it is clear to anyone without an agenda that she is pushing back at the ridiculous "open borders" rhetoric (as we do NOT and SHOULD NOT have "open" borders) and is interested in finding long-term solutions.

Our border crossings are secured by gates and law enforcment personnel. I don't believe anyone has suggested it is an impermeable and perfect border - which, again, is WHY Harris and Biden have both committed to improving border security.

In the quote you shared, it is clear to anyone without an agenda that she is pushing back at the ridiculous "open borders" rhetoric (as we do NOT and SHOULD NOT have "open" borders) and is interested in finding long-term solutions.

Saying "we have a secure border" implies that the work is done,.. Claiming interest in something that you have no interest in is quite simply lying...

Saying "we have a secure border" implies that the work is done,.. Claiming interest in something that you have no interest in is quite simply lying...
OK if she was implying the work was done, why in the hell would the very next words out of her mouth be: "There are a lot of problems that have to be fixed." ?

OK if she was implying the work was done, why in the hell would the very next words out of her mouth be: "There are a lot of problems that have to be fixed." ?

Obviously there are problems in the area of immigration that go well beyond border security,.. You understand that.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Obviously there are problems in the area of immigration that go well beyond border security,.. You understand that.
OK, pop quiz time for you, who said these quotes:

"Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders," XXXX said in a speech from Guatemala. "If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

or

“We know our immigration system is broken and we know what it takes to fix it: comprehensive reform. That includes strong border security and an earned pathway to citizenship,”

or

"Last October, as part of our national security supplemental request, we asked for $14 billion for border security, which would increase personnel and technology to secure the border and provide assistance to cities to manage the influx of migrants."

I would have liked to see trump explain how he was going to deport 10 or 12 million undocumented immigrants, and let us now what would happen to our economy if he did that. Sounds like there would be plenty of flights heading south. He has no answer, just like his healthcare plan he's been working on for 9 years.

They specifically asked him how he was going to pull this off. I was genuinely excited to hear the details of his plan. Of course, he didn’t answer the question and instead veered off into his illegal immigrant greatest hits.

I wish the moderators would have pushed harder for an actual answer.

OK, pop quiz time for you, who said these quotes:

"Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders," XXXX said in a speech from Guatemala. "If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

or

“We know our immigration system is broken and we know what it takes to fix it: comprehensive reform. That includes strong border security and an earned pathway to citizenship,”

or

"Last October, as part of our national security supplemental request, we asked for $14 billion for border security, which would increase personnel and technology to secure the border and provide assistance to cities to manage the influx of migrants."

Nothing but talk, talk and more talk,.. When they are telling you what they want to do, watch what they are actually doing,... Magicians must mystify you...

Nothing but talk, talk and more talk,.. When they are telling you what they want to do, watch what they are actually doing,... Magicians must mystify you...
JFC man, you move the goalposts so fast it's hard to keep up.

The thing we are debating is this claim of yours: "Not the past 3.5 years,.. per Kamala"

So your contention was Kamala Harris denied there was an issue with border security or immigration.

I dug up SEVERAL instances where, in fact, she said exactly the opposite.

Now you've moved the goalposts to "well, sure, maybe she SAID IT, but she didn't DO anything" (which is also a lie, see her visit to Central America and support for the recently killed-at-Trump's request immigration bill)

In general, I respect your takes as a poster compared to many conservatives, but for f---ks sake, if you won't even engage in debate in a good faith fashion, why should anyone engage with you at all?

Like I said go ahead and complain about her solutions being wrong or misguided. Criticize her for being late to the party on the border security issue (that's actually a fair critique!)

Just. Quit. Lying.

She got plenty of help from ABC, but much more help from Trump. Every time ABC declined to fact check one of her lies, any conservative who follows politics at all immediately knew it. But Trump couldn't react. If a Republican is counting on debate moderators to call out a Democrat's lies, because their candidate isn't sharp enough to pull the trigger themselves, they've already lost.

Care to list out a few of her lies?

Reactions: Tom Paris
More commonly referred to as "global pandemic"...
...and what the Biden administration had to recover from. Many MAGA supporters on this platform continue to blame Biden and Harris for inflation, despite the fact that their administration managed inflation more effectively than most other developed nations. It’s worth considering that logic should be applied consistently—not just when it supports your particular narrative.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Nope.

They acknowledge there are problems and have worked in a bipartisan manner to have it addressed only to have that legislation nixed because of Trump.

Again, here is Harris in 2021 going to Texas (after going to Central America) to work on solutions:

And yet prior to this magic legislation how many times did Joe and cackles say "the border is secure"

Didn't they sue the state of Texas for actually trying to secure the border?

...and what the Biden administration had to recover from. Many MAGA supporters on this platform continue to blame Biden and Harris for inflation, despite the fact that their administration managed inflation more effectively than most other developed nations. It’s worth considering that logic should be applied consistently—not just when it supports your particular narrative.
Agreed. If Harris/Biden stop taking credit for bounce back jobs, and stop falsely claiming inflation was higher than 1.7% when they took office, then we will acknowledge they handled the pandemic better than most other nations deal?

I don’t know because I didn’t watch. However my conservative friends on my feeds this morning tell me that Trump won and my liberal friends tell me Harris won. Very similar to every debate since the history of man began.

However, often times one objectively did win and won objectively did lose. You seem to be suggesting nobody ever wins because the loser will always claim victory.

She destroyed Trump, making him look like a confused old and angry man that he is.
Didnt say I disagreed that she won.

He stayed in the game.

Any reasonable observer noted the male mod bailed her out and she won 17 to zero over ISU East.

As a moderate I would say this was a toss up. Kamala did the smart thing by trying to get Trump angry with the crowd size and other comments, but I don't think she did anything to help herself. She kept saying she had a plan. But all she mentioned of that plan was the $6K child tax credits. We haven't heard any of her plans since she was placed on the ticket. That's why I think she took a step back on some of the issues (Border control, economy). She did seem well prepared and well spoken though which was good to see from a possible future president.

Trump said some stupid things about Haitian's eating pets and crowd sizes but I still think he got his point across that the main things to be concerned about are the economy and the border. Those are my two biggest points so I feel like he did well.

At the end of the day it's embarrassing that these are our choices. Both teams lied and both teams placed blame on the other person. Tell us how you're going to fix things! Stop with the blame game!

As a moderate I would say this was a toss up. Kamala did the smart thing by trying to get Trump angry with the crowd size and other comments, but I don't think she did anything to help herself. She kept saying she had a plan. But all she mentioned of that plan was the $6K child tax credits. We haven't heard any of her plans since she was placed on the ticket. That's why I think she took a step back on some of the issues (Border control, economy). She did seem well prepared and well spoken though which was good to see from a possible future president.

Trump said some stupid things about Haitian's eating pets and crowd sizes but I still think he got his point across that the main things to be concerned about are the economy and the border. Those are my two biggest points so I feel like he did well.

At the end of the day it's embarrassing that these are our choices. Both teams lied and both teams placed blame on the other person. Tell us how you're going to fix things! Stop with the blame game!
You mean...a 'concept of a plan'? Forget it, too easy.

Immigration and the economy? You mean the thing Trump tanked to help his campaign and the thing Biden has been repairing?

You do know we had a bi partisan agreement to improve our immigration policies and someone killed it.

Why, because he perceived it would be to his benefit. The country be damned.
The agreement - in the fine print - (devil is always in the details and all that) would have allowed up to 5,000 illegals PER DAY to cross before the border was shut. That’s about 1.8 million more per year.
At that rate why bother?

Didnt say I disagreed that she won.

He stayed in the game.

Any reasonable observer noted the male mod bailed her out and she won 17 to zero over ISU East.
lol…”he stayed in the game” because 40+% of American voters don’t give a fvck what he says or does. Any “reasonable observer” watching that performance would call him a pathological liar at best and, at worst, totally deranged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT