ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session IV Thread

149, Ferrari in the wrong. He overreacted to Rathjen's push. Sore loser, but Rathjen a poor winner. Cut the crap.

197, Ferrari in the wrong. He did a hard push-off, Glazier reacted poorly, and Ferrari overreacted with a punch. The stall call by the ref with 15 sec left was a bad call. But the DQ was correct call. Sorry, Ironside. Go back and watch it again.

Booing the family was deserved. Dad raised a couple of immature a-holes; where do you think that comes from?

I personally hope they stay, but I won't be surprised if they leave, and I won't cry over it. Brands needs to do whatever he's gonna do, and quickly, like tonight.
Agree on all fronts

It absolutely was the right call. The new rules clearly state the days of the “hold on and hold down” ride are over and that’s all he was doing.

He won big on that a few years ago. If he takes the mat again he will need to adjust his tactics because his old riding strategy isn’t going to fly anymore.
said the 2nd call

Yea this could not have gone much worse if I am being 100% honest. This was NOT what I was hoping to see. Not even sure TnT handled this correctly?
Actually he gave them an opportunity to prove themselves in an open tournament... and they certainly showed who they are.

If he gave them each a rope the most certainly would have hung themselves with it.

Brands may have put himself in a very tough situation now. They put A LOT in to the Ferraris for one kid Angelo and now it’s clearly backfiring on all cylinders. We’ve lost a wrestler due to it. Now we’ve more than likely alienated the one Ferrari we want because of the older douche. This honestly could set the recruiting train back. PK now second fiddle to Caliendo as he was recruited over. Honestly this is a nightmare scenario for the future. Idk. This team already had serious faults this year and now we got larger problems. What a nightmare. AJ can’t control himself and that’s sad. Was really wanting this pan out personally but not sure it does. Idk but Brands have to be thinking hard about why they risked soo much for it now.
Not sure how you can blame TnT for the Caliendo / PK mess. I get that PK was here and TnT brought in Caliendo...but would they have done that if PK hadn't gotten himself into the gambling debacle? We'd all be pissed if TnT passed on Caliendo and the suspension ended up being a lot longer and we didn't have any sort of plan. PK is mostly responsible for that situation...and he could have solved the issue today by beating Caliendo...but he didn't do that either. I don't know...tough spot

Jesus. H. Christ. A well known DB throws a punch at an Iowa wrestler but the fans are the classless ones. And you don’t think they should react to such boorish BS?

This was actually perfect. Rather this occur now, before he shows up on the team, and pulls this (or worse) in an Iowa singlet or on the roster.
Been telling you all for months and i got shit for it non stop!

You don't bring the Ferraris in and not carefully manage the situation. Who in the hell didn't know the potential for this. Blame whoever you want, I don't think TnT recover from this. I have an awful feeling about this team.
i could see the vibe spiraling quickly. they need to cut bait with AJ. Anthony’s offense wasn’t that bad and he’s been on his good behavior. Give him one more chance as an olive branch to the youngest. AJ has overstated his welcome.

Reactions: Kuch96
Not sure how you can blame TnT for the Caliendo / PK mess. I get that PK was here and TnT brought in Caliendo...but would they have done that if PK hadn't gotten himself into the gambling debacle? We'd all be pissed if TnT passed on Caliendo and the suspension ended up being a lot longer and we didn't have any sort of plan. PK is mostly responsible for that situation...and he could have solved the issue today by beating Caliendo...but he didn't do that either. I don't know...tough spot
Yeah not disagreeing at all with your statement. Not sure I blame them for the PK mess fully as a lot of that was on PK but man it sure shows with the Ferrari debacle AND PK down to 165 after 175 nightmare we are fairly desperate to win. not sure PK was ever in agreement on the 174 matches and it clearly shows he may been forced too

Don't give up on the kid yet. He is immature and needs molding. He and likely Anthony need TnT and the whole roster to help these kids grow up. They have been programmed to never lose bc that's the way his dad taught him. Hearing Angelo talk in interviews their collective attitude is 100%R on the old man. Ironside is vehemently defending AJ as I type this.
This has to either be a troll or a cry for help.

Let's all calm down and see how this thing shakes out. These are enormous competitors and they're not going to roll over for the Ferraris. Whether it be Rathjen or Glazier. All of them were douches today, but it's as competitive as is possible. AJ giving the finger was inexcusable.
Agreed. Let AJ rot

I typically enjoy reading your take, but this one isn't very well thought out.

That’s fair. My take is Mark was one of the best analysts in sports in his prime but over the last 5-10 years it’s clear he doesn’t follow the sport like he once did and his performance has suffered. He has always struggled to comprehend that not everyone has the talent he did and that’s gotten worse over the years, too.

Been telling you all for months and i got shit for it non stop!

Don’t give me that. I’ve been beating the no Ferrari drum from the start.

Changing the subject a bit: How well does everyone think AJ will react when he loses a match?

Reactions: Bogiyev
the caliendo thing is brands doing his job well. brought in a younger, more talented wrestler. that’s how you get better.

Let's all calm down and see how this thing shakes out. These are enormous competitors and they're not going to roll over for the Ferraris. Whether it be Rathjen or Glazier. All of them were douches today, but it's as competitive as is possible. AJ giving the finger was inexcusable.
Absolutely give Rathjen credit for making it clear he is going to fight for the Varsity spot.

149, Ferrari in the wrong. He overreacted to Rathjen's push. Sore loser, but Rathjen a poor winner. Cut the crap.

197, Ferrari in the wrong. He did a hard push-off, Glazier reacted poorly, and Ferrari overreacted with a punch. The stall call by the ref with 15 sec left was a bad call. But the DQ was correct call. Sorry, Ironside. Go back and watch it again.

Booing the family was deserved. Dad raised a couple of immature a-holes; where do you think that comes from?

I personally hope they stay, but I won't be surprised if they leave, and I won't cry over it. Brands needs to do whatever he's gonna do, and quickly, like tonight.

I actually didn’t mind the 149 ending. Anthony shouldn’t have made the hard shove but it was kind of meh. And Caleb rightfully has a chip on his shoulder and chose what I thought was the perfect response - nothing physical, just use the family trademark against him and let him know you are the man now. If it were someone whose last name wasn’t Ferrari I would feel different. Situational ethics, I suppose. :)

HOWEVER…TnT really should have anticipated the potential fallout and got the message to AJ and Glazier (and AJ’s dad who, let’s be honest, is the puppet master) that they need to show some self control and not let things escalate in their match. Perhaps it would have been wise to not even wrestle the match. Either that message was not sent, or everyone involved chose to ignore it.

EDIT
But I did give this post a like because I completely agree.

Last edited:
That’s fair. My take is Mark was one of the best analysts in sports in his prime but over the last 5-10 years it’s clear he doesn’t follow the sport like he once did and his performance has suffered. He has always struggled to comprehend that not everyone has the talent he did and that’s gotten worse over the years, too.

Changing the subject a bit: How well does everyone think AJ will react when he loses a match?
did he have anything to say about the 165 match? he made some pretty stupid comments about caliendo at the isu dual.

Sorry spoon was a general comment not directed at you

Who is going to defend AJ Ferrari here tonight? Stand up and be recognized
Don't forget Austin DeSanto, who appeared to be totally out of control prior to arriving in IC (and even for a short while after that). The problem may be that their are two Ferrari's on the team.

Reactions: xjohnx
Yeah not disagreeing at all with your statement. Not sure I blame them for the PK mess fully as a lot of that was on PK but man it sure shows with the Ferrari debacle AND PK down to 165 after 175 nightmare we are fairly desperate to win. not sure PK was ever in agreement on the 174 matches and it clearly shows he may been forced too
Not sure why coaches didn’t have PK “bulking” up during the offseason just in case his gambling sentence allowed him to wrestle. Unless the plan all along is to wrestle Gabe at 174. Otherwise it just doesn’t make sense to me. The coaches get paid to coach.

the caliendo thing is brands doing his job well. brought in a younger, more talented wrestler. that’s how you get better.
Just imagine if Brands said “we like our guys” and said no to Caliendo? Then that loss would have been when it actually mattered.

Reactions: greenballhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT