ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer 100?

Mar 17, 2023
Didn't really know where else to ask and figured this would be the place. So, I know Spencer has been busted up since high school and because of his skill and toughness has still been immensely successful. It seems like a couple times a year I hear that the guy needs surgery and a year to rehabilitate to be the best version of himself; however a few months later he's competing again and dealing with some new setback. So is he all good at this point or is he still just gutting it out and a diminished version of himself? Can he ever be 100% again or will it always just be working with what he's got at this point because there are just too many miles on those wheels?

Reactions: el dub
I thought in an interview within the past year, Spencer himself had said something to the effect that he'll never be 100% again. I don't want to put words in his mouth but I thought he said something along those lines.

Didn't really know where else to ask and figured this would be the place. So, I know Spencer has been busted up since high school and because of his skill and toughness has still been immensely successful. It seems like a couple times a year I hear that the guy needs surgery and a year to rehabilitate to be the best version of himself; however a few months later he's competing again and dealing with some new setback. So is he all good at this point or is he still just gutting it out and a diminished version of himself? Can he ever be 100% again or will it always just be working with what he's got at this point because there are just too many miles on those wheels?
My two cents for what it’s worth. He’s as close to 100% as I think he’ll be, and a crap ton healthier that he’s been in a few years. I think he’s going to wreck the field at the Bill Farrell tourney and remind everyone who he is.

As a side note he enjoys freestyle a heck of a lot more and I think the limited competition schedule will favor him as he pursues his goals.

I’m excited to see him again. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

My two cents for what it’s worth. He’s as close to 100% as I think he’ll be, and a crap ton healthier that he’s been in a few years. I think he’s going to wreck the field at the Bill Farrell tourney and remind everyone who he is.

As a side note he enjoys freestyle a heck of a lot more and I think the limited competition schedule will favor him as he pursues his goals.

He looks like a huge 57 and a full grown man now in that video with Nolf!
I hope his health holds up.

Agree 100%! Spencer Lee's don't come along very often. I'm very excited too!

Agree 100%! Spencer Lee's don't come along very often. I'm very excited too!
I'm excited too. I'm so ready for him to make people eat their words but it's just that I don't think he has had enough time between competitions to get any surgery and properly rehabilitate so I'm having a hard time understanding how he could be better. Hoping for the best though.

He came back early for the team...I'm not sure if that's what led to his issues at the end of the year, more likely a culmination of things, but he has some demons to exercise...for himself and the Iowa fan base.

Can't wait to see him back

I don’t think anyone forgot but there are haters everywhere .

I’m for sure a betting guy and I’m not betting against him at this point .

Spencer’s biggest concern at this point has to be Marco 🤣 and I’m pretty sure he didn’t enter.

Lion troll pulling as hard as you Hawks for Spencer. Have been since I started watching him in HS from the town next door. Just something raw about generational athletic talent betrayed by their own body. An optimist with high hopes and many calls in to the wrestling gods (for a stretch of his best health), I think Lee’s national fans will yet get to see this young man shine on the senior world stage.

outside of Hawk fans - i'm not sure how many people understand this. Easier TF, his Firemans is even more deadly and his scrambles were never back-exposed reliant.
I don’t believe you honestly think this !

That’s like saying outside of hawk fans no one understands wrestling.

Then again I’m probably just not understanding what your alluding to

I'm excited too. I'm so ready for him to make people eat their words but it's just that I don't think he has had enough time between competitions to get any surgery and properly rehabilitate so I'm having a hard time understanding how he could be better. Hoping for the best though.
Huh?

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz

No one knows SL like Hawk fans, goober.

He just lost - and that's all most other fans can think of.

And none of them can understand that Spencer was a TF better than Gilman when he was healthy.

Reactions: honkey69

And none of them can understand that Spencer was a TF better than Gilman when he was healthy.

K my reply was meant to reference that fans outside of iowa surely understand that Spencer could get his fair share of TF in freestyle given what appears to be overwhelming strength against most wrestlers at his weight .

We will have to agree to disagree on the only thing people outside of hawk fans can remember is his last loss.

Straight up against Gilman I’ve never really given it much thought. Lot of good wrestlers will be vying for that 57k Olympic spot including Vito . Then there is bravo young looking to compete for Mexico . Should be fun !

K my reply was meant to reference that fans outside of iowa surely understand that Spencer could get his fair share of TF in freestyle given what appears to be overwhelming strength against most wrestlers at his weight .

We will have to agree to disagree on the only thing people outside of hawk fans can remember is his last loss.

Straight up against Gilman I’ve never really given it much thought. Lot of good wrestlers will be vying for that 57k Olympic spot including Vito . Then there is bravo young looking to compete for Mexico . Should be fun !

Gotcha.

Both Vito and Gilman are going to be pretty damn big, and Spencer will likely have to beat one of them in the semis.

and yes - Spencer has the strength advantage over every 57kg in the world (with the exception of a Serbian weighin Stevan Micic)

Reactions: Hawkgma
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT