ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

Just throwing it out there that Kueter can take an OLY RS too, JR World champ. Cass and Kueter both OLY RS next year. Then Kueter takes his normal RS while Cass does his last year in 24-25. By then, there should be a lot more clarity on the 'Will he/won't he' Kueter situation. Although if the answer is him playing only football, we'd be behind the 8-ball on recruiting a replacement.
Those two years would also be beneficial to him filling out into a solid heavy

Now we can see how a stack of cash helps get top end guys to come here. Although we only have less than 1/2 of what pudstate had available for 10 years. Go Hawks

With Gable and AJ in the line up, IOWA WINS NCAAs!!!! Get ready for F*** st wussy wanna bees to crap their panties!!!!!
Even with both in the lineup this year (unlikely to get either) Iowa would still finish behind PSU.
PSU returns
125 McHenry/ Howard
133 Nagao 5th
141 Bartlett 3rd
149 Van Ness 3rd
157 Haines 2nd
165 Facundo/ Messenbrink
174 Star Champ
184 Brooks Champ
197 Truax Runner-Up
Hwt Kerk Runner-Up

A bridge too far. Hawks are making the right moves though and can continue to close the gap by snagging top recruits like Angelo Ferrari, Gabe Arnold etc.

Even with both in the lineup this year (unlikely to get either) Iowa would still finish behind PSU.
PSU returns
125 McHenry/ Howard
133 Nagao 5th
141 Bartlett 3rd
149 Van Ness 3rd
157 Haines 2nd
165 Facundo/ Messenbrink
174 Star Champ
184 Brooks Champ
197 Truax Runner-Up
Hwt Kerk Runner-Up

A bridge too far. Hawks are making the right moves though and can continue to close the gap by snagging top recruits like Angelo Ferrari, Gabe Arnold etc.
Truax runner up? Wasn't Sloan 2nd? I think SVN overperformed but we're splitting hairs there.

Reactions: Gutt15
Looking at this from GS's POV....he's never experienced being on a competitive team in college. If he's not going to PSU, what better team to be involved with than Iowa?

Reactions: Gutt15
Do you think brands would do big tony dirty like that? Right now he's one of the top guys at the weight, do you crap on him his senior year and recruit the sure thing in gable? I'm all about winning but this seems cold af if true.
If Tony can take Olympic RS, having Stevenson as a training partner would be huge.

I have heard from a couple of people that this is a legit possibility, and Willie said it publicly on the Intermat forum as well. Not even close to a done deal. I wouldn't have said anything, since I'm nobody, but since a public figure like @smalls103 said it, I figured it was ok.

I have heard from a couple of people that this is a legit possibility, and Willie said it publicly on the Intermat forum as well. Not even close to a done deal. I wouldn't have said anything, since I'm nobody, but since a public figure like @smalls103 said it, I figured it was ok.
Regardless of what 99% of these public figures think about themselves, I assure you, they’re nobodies as well.

Love the rumors and gossip, and wish it true, but ill believe Gabe to Iowa when I see it. Question to tigerhawk who says he heard Iowa. Heard from who? My cousin Vinnie, or a credible source?

Here's the source:

GIF by hero0fwar

Now we can see how a stack of cash helps get top end guys to come here. Although we only have less than 1/2 of what pudstate had available for 10 years. Go Hawks
This board as confirmation that the NIL arrangement is the driving force behind these transfers we are seeing is like saying the National Enquirer is legit news. Point to one legit source, that can be confirmed, that describes how a bag of money was used in a deal to land a transfer. And ID the amount. With Willie, Flo, Intermat, and other eyes on the sport, where are the scoops on this?

Love the rumors and gossip, and wish it true, but ill believe Gabe to Iowa when I see it. Question to tigerhawk who says he heard Iowa. Heard from who? My cousin Vinnie, or a credible source?
Former college coach, but that doesn’t mean it’s written in stone, just what he was told.

Reactions: sabula
He was just visiting the Gable museum. he has mad respect for Dan Gable and is friends with Spencer. He Signed the Olympic gold medalist tribute and underlined in gold Dan Gable's name along with his own and Kurt Angle. Also let's not forget he received a standing ovation at Carver and Definitely took notice.
yep…… I have no inside info at all but was there during that standing ovation and I think the admiration seemed mutual…..

wasn’t Iowa runner up in his original recruitment too?

I like our chances

It's all because of the standing O he got in Carver on that cold January night in 2022. Good job laying the ground work hawk fans.

If it happens, we need to make standing Os the wrestling version of Iowa football's wave. We give standing O to opposing wrestler we want to snag, and they enter the portal and transfer to Iowa the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT