ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion

Yep, and this sh*ts overblown. Can still go to a myriad of states to kill the unborn. These people are flat out bored.

For everyone of these goofs hysterical on TV, there are 50 women doing something constructive with their summer weekend.

I know you don't care what women think about anything. But you should really have a conversation with any of them about this. You may learn something. If you can stomach listening to them speak for longer than a couple seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkFan1298
I know you don't care what women think about anything. But you should really have a conversation with any of them about this. You may learn something. If you can stomach listening to them speak for longer than a couple seconds.

I just had a conversation with a retired woman pediatrician about this, actually.

She has 3 children. She said no man can understand what abortion is since we can't ever know what it's like to grow a human life inside us.

She's completely against abortion, by the way, for that reason. :)

How many embryology classes have you taken, slick?

You know that 96% of biologists believe life begins at conception, right?

At least out of this survey of 5,000.+

Yes. I understand that as a fetus I wasn't able to function on my own physically.

So as a fetus, you weren’t able to grow and developed arms, legs and a heart that beats? Whether you like it or not, a fetus is a human life. If you’re going to try and argue different, you are wrong. Science already tells us a fetus is a human life.

No. I don't believe a fetus is human.
I don't agree with the court's decision. That said:

...it is notable that some of the best-known defenders of abortion, such as Peter Singer and Jeff McMahan, concede that a fetus is, at the very least, a human organism. That is to say, a fetus is a member of the species of homo sapiens.

There is a simple scientific answer to the basic question at the heart of the abortion debate. Whatever a “person” is, a human zygote is most certainly a human being.

The term “person” is a moral and legal category, not a scientific category, and it is a category open to moral discussion and debate. But “human being” is a scientific term, and it is not open to debate. The science is settled. Human life begins at fertilization, and cogent moral reasoning about abortion must begin with that scientific fact.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I don't agree with the court's decision. That said:

...it is notable that some of the best-known defenders of abortion, such as Peter Singer and Jeff McMahan, concede that a fetus is, at the very least, a human organism. That is to say, a fetus is a member of the species of homo sapiens.

There is a simple scientific answer to the basic question at the heart of the abortion debate. Whatever a “person” is, a human zygote is most certainly a human being.

The term “person” is a moral and legal category, not a scientific category, and it is a category open to moral discussion and debate. But “human being” is a scientific term, and it is not open to debate. The science is settled. Human life begins at fertilization, and cogent moral reasoning about abortion must begin with that scientific fact.

I should say I don't believe a fetus is a functional independent human. It is dependent on its mother for life.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I just had a conversation with a retired woman pediatrician about this, actually.

She has 3 children. She said no man can understand what abortion is since we can't ever know what it's like to grow a human life inside us.

She's completely against abortion, by the way, for that reason. :)
Neat. No one believes that, but your lie doesn't hurt anyone in the internet.

I think those of us who have studied it have an idea. I think the those of us who've had our spouses have to go through a medically necessary abortion for an ectopic pregnancy to save their life understand.

I've spoken with dozens of pediatricians, gynecologists, and other doctors about this over the years. They're all prochoice. Even the ones who personally wouldn't provide abortion services, but who would refer appropriately.

• Haha
You know that 96% of biologists believe life begins at conception, right?

At least out of this survey of 5,000.+

Lol. The first paragraph alone tells you it's garbage. Try harder.

I should say I don't believe a fetus is a functional independent human. It is dependent on its mother for life.

Oh did you not know that a baby is still dependent on others for life? In your world, do babies feed and take care of themselves after birth?

Neat. No one believes that, but your lie doesn't hurt anyone in the internet.

I think those of us who have studied it have an idea. I think the those of us who've had our spouses have to go through a medically necessary abortion for an ectopic pregnancy to save their life understand.

I've spoken with dozens of pediatricians, gynecologists, and other doctors about this over the years. They're all prochoice. Even the ones who personally wouldn't provide abortion services, but who would refer appropriately.

My story is 100% fact. My Aunt (no pics) is also a nurse practitioner that is completely against abortion.

You made the claim that talking to women would give one a better idea of abortion. I have and many are against it.

My story is 100% fact. My Aunt (no pics) is also a nurse practitioner that is completely against abortion.

You made the claim that talking to women would give one a better idea of abortion. I have and many are against it.
So you have 1. I have dozens. That's about right.

The Supreme Court has ended constitutional protections for abortion that had been in place nearly 50 years in a decision by its conservative majority to overturn Roe v. Wade. Friday's outcome is expected to lead to abortion bans in roughly half the states.
The decision, unthinkable just a few years ago, was the culmination of decades of efforts by abortion opponents, made possible by an emboldened right side of the court that has been fortified by three appointees of former President Donald Trump.
The ruling came more than a month after the stunning leak of a draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito indicating the court was prepared to take this momentous step.

It puts the court at odds with a majority of Americans who favored preserving Roe, according to opinion polls.
Alito, in the final opinion issued Friday, wrote that Roe and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, the 1992 decision that reaffirmed the right to abortion, were wrong the day they were decided and must be overturned.

People are also reading…​

"We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision," Alito wrote.
Authority to regulate abortion rests with the political branches, not the courts, Alito wrote.

Joining Alito were Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. The latter three justices are Trump appointees. Thomas first voted to overrule Roe 30 years ago.

Chief Justice John Roberts would have stopped short of ending the abortion right, noting that he would have upheld the Mississippi law at the heart of the case, a ban on abortion after 15 weeks, and said no more.
Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan — the diminished liberal wing of the court — were in dissent.
"With sorrow—for this Court, but more, for the many millions of American women who have today lost a fundamental constitutional protection—we dissent," they wrote.

I feel like this and many other laws should be up to the states. People losing their shit about a national abortion ban have it wrong. Go get your abortion in a different state, I guess.

My wife, (no pics) not that it matters, is extremely against abortion. Obviously we surround ourselves with like minded individuals but I would say 80 percent of the women around us are pro-life. It's a crazy world we live in..

Lol, no it doesn't.

Here's more:

I think where this argument goes is:

A) It's a... type... of life.
B) How do we value this type of life? (in the context it occurs...)

I think that's what you'll see people supporting abortion at 10 weeks, but nothing in the third trimester, for example.

Many are. Most aren't.

My House keepers uncle's oil change guy is pro choice. So that's important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT