ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

The extra year is not something that is part of this process. It is a byproduct of it. If you don't start enrollment until January 2019 (which will be the effect of being granted a medical exemption) you effectively become a grey shirt so your eligibility clock does not start ticking until 2019 instead of 2018. This is not a Cael thing, more so it is a Teasdale thing or any athlete that chooses to defer enrollment.

In regards to the "magic wand" comment, this option is available to any student from the university in regards to academic progress. I'm sure it was available to you as a student as well - if you were in a car accident midway through the semester and were unable to complete your coursework due to being in the hospital for an extended time for example, do you think your university would penalize you if you wanted to return when healthy? That is the first part of the process. The 2nd would be if you were an athlete and wanted an exemption from one of the academic progress requirements, which then would be in the NCAAs hands.

A grey shirt if he does not wrestle for the team this year but if he does wrestle then obviously he uses one of his 4 years.

I'll take "Words I don't understand" for 2,000 Alex

I guess I disagree with most on here. I don’t wish him well with his wrestling career at Iowa. He screwed over our Drexel and/or Edinboro team bad and I really hope he fails as a wrestler. I hope his life is a success but every time he puts on the Iowa singlet I hope he gets his ass stuck.

"What is Incongruous?"
Correct: We would also have accepted "What is Hypocrisy?"

Last edited:
I thought I heard he was flunking and if he dropped out than none of these classes counted and just start all over the second semester?? Pretty smart on Cael's part. Great coaching.....

Breaking News: Supreme Court Votes 9-0 to replace "Preponderance of Evidence" with "I thought I heard" as the criteria for conviction.

Justices were unanimous in their praise for the new law...…"Good Enough for HR....Good enough for me" said Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Others said " It's time our laws reflect the standards of social media" ...and "I like Beer"

Last edited:
Lets see if we can clean this Cesspool, dumpster fire etc.... up? Maybe TRY and keep it real and on track!!!

Just focusing on THIS issue and not bringing up every other thing from the past for a second. Has anyone ever heard of something like this before?

I mean someone posted about their son or something, but most on here have been following Wrestling and sports for a pretty long time.

I for one have never heard of any kid dropping classes with less the a month of school left in the semester. That is just the first part though!!! I find it very odd that a kid would leave for "Health issues" then be back in 3 weeks?

Now I am not a PSU insider so I do not know what took place, but for someone to throw a semester out the window is not a small thing. Besides the time, there is the money.

Figuring total expense of somewhere around 60K per year. That is 30K per semester. If he was getting .5 scholly money someone had to put up 15K for nothing!!!

That would also bring up what would be happening with his Scholarship? How does that work? Now of course you are talking about maybe a 6th year of school with this exemption! 60K x 6 = 360K!

I understand in Happy Horsesh*t Valley everyone has a rich Uncle but..... I for one knew many kids on my college team that withdrew/screwed up/ left school. Not one of them ever returned!!!!

Once again I do not see what I am possible missing? What I do see is yet another ODD thing take place!!! You have Manville who has been "gray" shirting for what 3 years!?!?! Has he ever Wrestled a match?

He was a top recruit. I know I know he is focusing on Freestyle and is happy to be the score keeper on the team. Wait; was he hitting the Freestyle circuit hard in the offseason???

How about this new possibility of the 184 and Heavy weights getting a 6th year all of a sudden??? When were they supposable hurt? Wasn't last year because they both Wrestled!!! So how come now they remembered that they were hurt and the just forgot about it!!!

My guess is they do want Teasdale in the line up this year at 125. They are waiting to see if he can get to weight and become a significant upgrade! Could be looking at the Scoring record held by IOWA!!! They will not get it but that is what I am guessing.

He does well at the Scuffle he is in BANK IT!!!!
It was never put out there publicly when he actually withdrew from classes if he gets a waiver it's because he withdrew before the deadline which means this semester is null and void and his redshirt will reset like it never happened only because he hasn't wrestled it's a health issue and that warrants a waiver in some cases. If that's the case he withdrew long before he posted that he was leaving and was just letting people know then .

I’m interested in knowing what his scholarship situation looks like now. When he withdrew from school did he give up his scholarship since he wasn’t apart of the team anymore? If he did, does he get the whole thing back, only part of it, or none?

It was never put out there publicly when he actually withdrew from classes if he gets a waiver it's because he withdrew before the deadline which means this semester is null and void and his redshirt will reset like it never happened only because he hasn't wrestled it's a health issue and that warrants a waiver in some cases. If that's the case he withdrew long before he posted that he was leaving and was just letting people know then .
When he withdrew doesn't actually matter. A academic waiver can be used if you withdraw for health reasons.Its called a progress towards degree waiver my guess is that's the route they're going.

When he withdrew doesn't actually matter. A academic waiver can be used if you withdraw for health reasons.Its called a progress towards degree waiver my guess is that's the route they're going.
Correct. Well, technically there is a deadline, but in our case it was the last day of regularly scheduled classes (before finals) to submit the paperwork. I imagine it's similar at PSU, Iowa, everywhere. The two week add/drop, mid-semester WF deadlines that have been cited by various posters in this topic are not relevant. Different thing altogether.

Reactions: slushhead
Correct. Well, technically there is a deadline, but in our case it was the last day of regularly scheduled classes (before finals) to submit the paperwork. I imagine it's similar at PSU, Iowa, everywhere. The two week add/drop, mid-semester WF deadlines that have been cited by various posters in this topic are not relevant. Different thing altogether.
Agree you seem to know the waiver situation quite well.I have read many posts and most dont have a clue what they're talking about.In the past I would've corrected them all but it's a tough crowd and then your a know it all.Hope all is well with your son will he be 133 2nd semester

The Kemdawg injury wrapped up the team title so don't expect Carl to use Gavin. He is a back up plan in case a couple starters get hurt. It is clear he doesn't care whats best for his athletes. I would like to know why the pen state posters allowed to break forum rules by calling out Vodka in multiple posts? That wouldn't be allowed on their site.

Agree you seem to know the waiver situation quite well.I have read many posts and most dont have a clue what they're talking about.In the past I would've corrected them all but it's a tough crowd and then your a know it all.Hope all is well with your son will he be 133 2nd semester
Thanks for the well wishes, hopeful to get him back healthy soon. It's been a very frustrating month or two, just when he was really getting going. (technically not my son, but have been with his mother since he was in middle school and I consider him as much my family as my other 3, as well as his sister - just need to put that as he has a father who supports him as well)

Not really as worried about the wrestling side as much as it hurts that he misses the credits for this semester. I know he will always be fine with the wrestling thingy, but got to keep him moving towards that degree! Yes, he will be 133 for the foreseeable future. He keeps telling me 141 every year, and I keep telling him he's a weight class and a half short. Looks like I was right - again.;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes, hopeful to get him back healthy soon. It's been a very frustrating month or two, just when he was really getting going. (technically not my son, but have been with his mother since he was in middle school and I consider him as much my family as my other 3, as well as his sister - just need to put that as he has a father who supports him as well)

Not really as worried about the wrestling side as much as it hurts that he misses the credits for this semester. I know he will always be fine with the wrestling thingy, but got to keep him moving towards that degree! Yes, he will be 133 for the foreseeable future. He keeps telling me 141 every year, and I keep telling him he's a weight class and a half short. Looks like I was right - again.;)
Yes get that degree and agree he's a 133 all day

Your definition of an "average college wrestler" is seriously skewed due to being a Hawk fan. Josh was considerably above average. Hell, the guy was a B1G Finalist, 84-26 for his career, went 4-4 at NCAA's and was constantly ranked top 15 in all of DI.

An "average" college wrestler MAYBE makes it to a .500 record by the end of his career and is lucky to spot start, let alone for a full season or more.

Now, I get, relative to his high school expectations, that he didn't have the career many would expect, but the kid was still really good!
I agree with this, forgive my hyperbole.

I guess I was referring to what Iowa or PSU would consider average. Dziewa was a good, solid wrestler and he was in the starting lineup regularly for Iowa as a JR and SR and would have been a 4 year starter almost everywhere else, including Rutgers where he Verbal'd early on, so that's pretty damn good. I was there at Big10s in Columbus on one of those occasions when he fully met his potential on the mat that gave us a share of the championship.

I was talking more about his HS ranking translating to College. He was a top recruit in 2010, number 12 to 16 overall and #4 at 141, depending on who is ranking it. When Iowa gets a kid ranked that high, one might expect a few finals appearances or at least a few semi bouts, but his #4 in HS resulted in little more than average results for a Hawkeye, which I admit is a pretty high standard.

Without looking it up, this has to be pretty close to where GT was ranked, so it should surprise no one if Gavin is a 1 or 2 time AA at best. I think he may do a little better than that, but I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up a 3 year round of 12 type guy.

Because my life is more fulfilled when I get a chance to argue semantics with MSU, we could debate your statement that - An "average" college wrestler MAYBE makes it to a .500. I might take a position that an average college wrestler makes it to exactly .500, but that would be average as a result not average compared to a field. I think you would take me to task on this since my math skills are weak right now, so I withdraw that supposition.

The Kemdawg injury wrapped up the team title so don't expect Carl to use Gavin. He is a back up plan in case a couple starters get hurt. It is clear he doesn't care whats best for his athletes. I would like to know why the pen state posters allowed to break forum rules by calling out Vodka in multiple posts? That wouldn't be allowed on their site.
We call out our craziest poster - psu rings - all the time. I even called him a sociopath - because he is. I was not put in the sin bin there. So not entirely true.

(Not calling Vodka crazy, just responding to the forum rules argument)

This is now being reported. I have NO ill-will against the kid and hope that he gets to compete and does so to the very best of his ability!

That being said. I am not sure how you can "withdraw from classes" due to some serious reported problems. Be "gone" for what seems like a very short time if any because he is reported to be training with the club.

Then be back on the team AND possible get a waiver for the semester to boot!!!

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/...zm1JMHobm7a-gFdbumYqUcXB33d4lqITk92c4kz2-mEaw

We probably need to care less about what PSU does and care more about what our team is doing. Just MHO. Sometimes people on this sight bitch about the pettiest shit. Who cares what Teasdale does? What we really should care about is how is PSU getting most of the studs and beating everybody's ass the last 7-8 years. If we fix that problem, we won't care about all this other BS.

Wow, 18 yo kid seeks help due to health concern and your answer is to suspend kid for a year. Now, I do admit the timing/return seems awfully quick to have resolved an addiction, physical or mental issue. Give the kid credit for asking for help.
Wow...You want to give the kid Credit for asking for help but when he was flunking all his classes why didn't he ask for help. Oh, you have to go to class first and then ask for help. If he wasn't a top wrestler PS would not allow him back in.....But Cael is a higher pay grade than the president of the school...

Hoy, you come off sounding petty and bitter when you say coaches don't care what is best for their athletes. Coaches spend more time with these kids then the kids do with their actual family. These guys are competitive and want to win but If you think for a second that any of these coaches don't love and care about their athletes you are nuts. I get you don't like PSU or Cael but you lose all credibility with statements like that.

In that case, no I've never need one of those. I was always able to control my alcohol consumption, never fight police officers, and refrain from sexually assaulting my roommate's mothers. I suppose one could argue Cael offered a hand up, just as easily as one could argue Cael was an enabler, sold his soul and brought him on solely to win a title.
Never needed a hand up after stumbling, or it sounds like never stumbled. Good for you.
Of course I believe you like most have had some kind of assistance along the way by someone. Maybe you just aren't capable of getting it.

Wow...You want to give the kid Credit for asking for help but when he was flunking all his classes why didn't he ask for help. Oh, you have to go to class first and then ask for help. If he wasn't a top wrestler PS would not allow him back in.....But Cael is a higher pay grade than the president of the school...
Amazing. An opinion on a subject you know almost nothing about.

I’m interested in knowing what his scholarship situation looks like now. When he withdrew from school did he give up his scholarship since he wasn’t apart of the team anymore? If he did, does he get the whole thing back, only part of it, or none?
You probably need to give Cael a call and either ask or maybe demand an answer.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Agent-007
Not sure what Kemerer's injury had to do with Teasdale or PSU's probable 2019 team championship.
Points at 125 aren't necessary for a PSU title and Iowa's loss of Kemerer's 3rd or 4th place points only means 3rd place is in doubt.

We probably need to care less about what PSU does and care more about what our team is doing. Just MHO. Sometimes people on this sight bitch about the pettiest shit. Who cares what Teasdale does? What we really should care about is how is PSU getting most of the studs and beating everybody's ass the last 7-8 years. If we fix that problem, we won't care about all this other BS.

How do you say, " we probable should care less about what PSU does......" Then say, "What we should really care about is how PSU is getting all these studs" in the same paragraph???

If someone beats you on a Level Playing-field, so be it. Shake their hand and say well done! If however the playing field is tilted in ones favor due to "shady tactics", then I have a problem!

I do not believe for one minute that their program is operating within the same rules as everyone else!!!

How do you say, " we probable should care less about what PSU does......" Then say, "What we should really care about is how PSU is getting all these studs" in the same paragraph???

If someone beats you on a Level Playing-field, so be it. Shake their hand and say well done! If however the playing field is tilted in ones favor due to "shady tactics", then I have a problem!

I do not believe for one minute that their program is operating within the same rules as everyone else!!!
In other words, based upon anything that you know as fact you choose to believe different. Thata boy.

Never needed a hand up after stumbling, or it sounds like never stumbled. Good for you.
Of course I believe you like most have had some kind of assistance along the way by someone. Maybe you just aren't capable of getting it.
I've never needed help controlling my drinking, avoiding physical altercations with police, or NOT sexually assaulting people. Long did, and Cael went ahead and took him in and let him wrestle right away. What a leader of men. I've lead a pretty damn good life and kept on the straight and narrow for the most part. Any problems I've had didn't require a hand up from anyone.

Or, when things do go awry, maybe I'm capable of identifying the problem and fixing it?

N
In other words, based upon anything that you know as fact you choose to believe different. Thata boy.

NITWITkitten, Shut up fool!!! It has been well established that they are playing games with a 5 million dollar donation!! It was posted that they had something like 600K in "camp expenses!!!"

You can say all the stupid crap you like, but it does not change the facts! We also know the shady tactics used in the past and now you have this little gem where a kid had to leave school for health reasons and is back in 3 weeks!

Keep twisting it. It is from your coaches mouth!!!

Reactions: hoythawk
I've never needed help controlling my drinking, avoiding physical altercations with police, or NOT sexually assaulting people. Long did, and Cael went ahead and took him in and let him wrestle right away. What a leader of men. I've lead a pretty damn good life and kept on the straight and narrow for the most part. Any problems I've had didn't require a hand up from anyone.

Or, when things do go awry, maybe I'm capable of identifying the problem and fixing it?
It is nice of you to limit the area of consideration to what you haven't done to need a hand. However, most likely you have received a hand in some aspect of your life.

Anyhow. Long and Cael already knew each other (ie personal relationship) and Long was struggling so Cael offered a second chance with a stipulation "zero alcohol".

If that offends you, so be it.

N

NITWITkitten, Shut up fool!!! It has been well established that they are playing games with a 5 million dollar donation!! It was posted that they had something like 600K in "camp expenses!!!"

You can say all the stupid crap you like, but it does not change the facts! We also know the shady tactics used in the past and now you have this little gem where a kid had to leave school for health reasons and is back in 3 weeks!

Keep twisting it. It is from your coaches mouth!!!
Your contention is "heeeees cheeeeeaating".
You have nothing to support that accusation, yet despite lacking any proof you insist you know better. In other words, your belief system is more accurate than facts. Fool.

Reactions: danoftw
Your contention is "heeeees cheeeeeaating".
You have nothing to support that accusation, yet despite lacking any proof you insist you know better. In other words, your belief system is more accurate than facts. Fool.

Some of these posters are idiotic, surprises me the good ones here don’t call them out more and police it? Why let a great site be ruined? Come on Chief, your followers here need you

Reactions: nitlion6
It is nice of you to limit the area of consideration to what you haven't done to need a hand. However, most likely you have received a hand in some aspect of your life.

Anyhow. Long and Cael already knew each other (ie personal relationship) and Long was struggling so Cael offered a second chance with a stipulation "zero alcohol".

If that offends you, so be it.
Here's what is factual: You defined and defended those actions as needing a "hand up". Cael allowed him to join the lineup missing zero time, on the heels of being kicked out of ISU, which in turn allowed a woman to be sexually assaulted. Long had several chances prior to Cael and PSU. Cael gave Long like a 4th or 5th chance, all in the name of winning a title. You can speculate inaccurately all you want about me, I don't care...but at least acknowledge the fact that Cael sold his soul to win, and did absolutely no favors for Andrew Long.

Teasedale, for all intents and purposes is on his first collegiate "oops" or "infraction"." I have long subscribed to the idea that these young kids need to be held to a higher standard. Thus, I don't agree with, "what were you like as a 20 y/o kid?" Simply put, I wasn't getting money from an institution to compete. I got other non-academic scholarships from my university, that were very similar to academics, however, and knew that if I made certain mistakes or didn't meet standards, those dollars would go away.

That being said, arguing about Long, who made his own bed and burnt his own bridges. Is frankly a moot point. Teasedale, if he is as bad as some are assuming, or as good as some are saying, will make his as well. I'm hopeful he pulls it together and moves forward. How Cael is handling this may or may be what some of think is right, but if we seriously assume that the NCAA would allow a Big Ten school to operate outside of the rules, we are going off the rails a bit. We don't have to like it, but I'm assuming he's operating within guidelines. But what do I know.. I'm just some dude..

Just food for thought... Tom Brands was going to offer another chance to PD3 last year. Does this make him less of a leader? No, these coaches are doing their best to help kids who might need help. That's what leaders do. Could it blow up in their face? Absolutely, but that's why these guys are leaders. They aren't afraid to go out on a limb and take that chance.

Just food for thought... Tom Brands was going to offer another chance to PD3 last year. Does this make him less of a leader? No, these coaches are doing their best to help kids who might need help. That's what leaders do. Could it blow up in their face? Absolutely, but that's why these guys are leaders. They aren't afraid to go out on a limb and take that chance.

The difference is when helping a kid out Brands for the most part imposes additional restrictions for the kid to prove something before he is rewarded with being able to compete again. From what I see Cael is just fine with the bare minimum of whatever the school guidelines are.

Marion - Was eligible to compete way before being allowed to go on the mat again. Brands held him out for an additional period after reinstatement. Marion is know coaching and giving back.

Pd3- Brands took the kid in to help in without knowing 100% if he would ever be cleared. Say what you want but PD3 hasn't been in trouble since and seems to have grown from it as much as well PD3 could.

Long- Competed the exact minute he was eligible.

Teasdale- If its drugs I don't think anything has been resolved that fast. If its grades then let him get back in good standing and proves himself.

JRent- Kid is sitting out and getting his schoolwork in order during his redshirt. I respect that. But I don't see JRent going to midlands because he needs to get his priorities in a row first then he can be rewarded with mat time. Then why would Cael want to reward Gavin with letting him go to the Scuffle if his priorities arent quite in a row yet either? Drugs or schoolwork, nothing could possibly be proven on Jan 1st in either regards right?

Isn't that a fair question to ask?

Also I asked earlier why Cael seems to have a weakness in his coaching for mental health issues? He seems to not recognize it or give it its due. Is it a mental strength thing he doesnt get? Is it a Mormon thing? Being serious

Personally I don't' think I was ever a fan of bringing PD3 in. At the end of the day, we've seen enough both Tom and Cael's ethics to differentiate between the two.

Agreed and I think Jay Robinson is a great example of this. He tried to handle a substance abuse problem in house and get them on the right track and prevent them from having criminal records related to the illegal use of drugs (xanax and adderall). It cost him his job, but in the grand scheme of things, he did what he thought was best for the student athletes.

(This isn't sarcasm either. I truly think Jay Robinson had the students' best interests in mind and in a sense took the fall for them. I can't fault him for that.)

Hoy, you come off sounding petty and bitter when you say coaches don't care what is best for their athletes. Coaches spend more time with these kids then the kids do with their actual family. These guys are competitive and want to win but If you think for a second that any of these coaches don't love and care about their athletes you are nuts. I get you don't like PSU or Cael but you lose all credibility with statements like that.
We all know you are an idiot troll but if you are worse than that if you believe every decision Carl makes isn't based on what's best for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT