ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

How do you say, " we probable should care less about what PSU does......" Then say, "What we should really care about is how PSU is getting all these studs" in the same paragraph???

If someone beats you on a Level Playing-field, so be it. Shake their hand and say well done! If however the playing field is tilted in ones favor due to "shady tactics", then I have a problem!

I do not believe for one minute that their program is operating within the same rules as everyone else!!!

That sounds like something an SEC or B10 fan would say about Alabama football. If something illegal is going on and we're not all playing by the same rules, by all means let's bitch and complain till the cows come home...that is once someone provides factual evidence that there are in fact illegal things going on within these programs. But I guarantee you, thus far significant evidence isn't there, otherwise the NCAA would be reacting accordingly. And you know what's really funny? If we were winning now like we were during the Gable days and PSU guys were bitching, you'd tell them to how pathetic they were being and to quit their whining. So that's I think we should do...stop whining and start doing something about it. And if PSU has in fact found a way to manipulate the system in a manner that doesn't offend the NCAA, my question then is, "Why haven't we found the same secret to success?" In the end, I believe PSU, like Alabama football, has a program that can win it all each and every year, and if you have a program like that, there is a better than average chance that the best kids in the country want to play for your program. We've got to improve recruiting and we've got to improve our skills in the room. Sadly, I don't see significant improvement occurring in our wrestling room, at least not when you look at end of year results year over year since we won it all back in 2010 and then had the best recruiting class in the country, a class that had amazing talent, talent that didn't equate to NCAA championships. And since then, it's been a slump in terms of Iowa wrestling. Like you all, I'm hoping Lee's dominance will bring in more talent, and that Marinelli and Stoll will make some magic happen this year, thus bringing in even more talent. But as I look at the recruiting classes each year (at least the last few), I see a lot of top guys going to PSU, tOSU and OSU, but I don't see those same numbers coming here. More talent and better job of improving the talent is what we need. Bitching about PSU is what we don't need.

Last edited:
That sounds like something an SEC or B10 fan would say about Alabama football. If something illegal is going on and we're not all playing by the same rules, by all means let's bitch and complain till the cows come home...that is once someone provides factual evidence that there are in fact illegal things going on within these programs. But I guarantee you, thus far significant evidence isn't there, otherwise the NCAA would be reacting accordingly. And you know what's really funny? If we were winning now like we were during the Gable days and PSU guys were bitching, you'd tell them to how pathetic they were being and to quit their whining. So that's I think we should do...stop whining and start doing something about it. And if PSU has in fact found a way to manipulate the system in a manner that doesn't offend the NCAA, my question then is, "Why haven't we found the same secret to success?" In the end, I believe PSU, like Alabama football, has a program that can win it all each and every year, and if you have a program like that, there is a better than average chance that the best kids in the country want to play for your program. We've got to improve recruiting and we've got to improve our skills in the room. Sadly, I don't see significant improvement occurring in our wrestling room, at least not when you look at end of year results year over year since we won it all back in 2010 and then had the best recruiting class in the country, a class that had amazing talent, talent that didn't equate to NCAA championships. And since then, it's been a slump in terms of Iowa wrestling. Like you all, I'm hoping Lee's dominance will bring in more talent, and that Marinelli and Stoll will make some magic happen this year, thus bringing in even more talent. But as I look at the recruiting classes each year (at least the last few), I see a lot of top guys going to PSU, tOSU and OSU, but I don't see those same numbers coming here. More talent and better job of improving the talent is what we need. Bitching about PSU is what we don't need.

Agreed with your general premise, but the 2010 recruiting class is probably the worst argument that gets perpetuated. It's been known for awhile now that top p4p recruits is what defines quality of recruiting class. Having 6 guys ranked top 20 at their weight class is meaningless if they end up all being round of 12 guys. Round of 12 is a great individual accomplishment, but if your goal is to win team titles, you need top 10 p4p guys who are going to high AA and bonus at nationals. The 2010 recruiting class wasn't that.

Agreed with your general premise, but the 2010 recruiting class is probably the worst argument that gets perpetuated. It's been known for awhile now that top p4p recruits is what defines quality of recruiting class. Having 6 guys ranked top 20 at their weight class is meaningless if they end up all being round of 12 guys. Round of 12 is a great individual accomplishment, but if your goal is to win team titles, you need top 10 p4p guys who are going to high AA and bonus at nationals. The 2010 recruiting class wasn't that.

I concur, Vodka...probably not the best example. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
ALABAMA Football has a 90 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET!!! Very tired of the pure stupidity and those who want to turn a blind eye honestly! I am all for take them out and believe we are on the right path. That path becomes a lot harder if their 84 and heavy get 6th years which they should not but would not surprise me. If they do, and Teasdale gets a waiver what do you say then with all your get wisdom?

Reactions: HawkFT
Your hate is strong and you need serious help. The envy is beyond ridiculous. Good God, go get a damn life. Hey, did you see the ASU match? What do you think? I'm sure Mark cheated somehow against Valencia, don't you?

No hate hothead, stating facts and asking questions. If all is on the up and up, so be it. Just too many odd things taken place!

Please explain how he is different from any other student? I'll be waiting... ridiculous how? So, a legitimate medical reason as I stated is bullshit? So...like mono, a staff infection, torn mcl is all bullshit?
I'm not saying it's bs, I'm saying there are academic requirements athletes need to meet in order to stay eligible. Sucks he got sick but if that means he's completed no classwork, then he shouldn't be allowed to compete, nor should the coaches use him that way. What is so hard to comprehend?

Andrew Long was 7 years ago. Meanwhile just in the past year Iowa tried to bring PDIII in, brought in and immediately inserted into the lineup a guy with anger issues that tried to break another wrestlers arm and then had one wrestler shoot another and then had a cover up with police. Again, you had one wrestler SHOOT another and he is still on the team competing for a spot. You would think that in itself would be enough for Iowa fans to realize they do not have the higher ground when discussing coaching holding their athletes accountable. Not to mention the numerous arrests with no suspensions for Burglary, DUIs, public drunkenness, poaching and firearm charges.

good to see FT is back

TawdYMy.gif

You're beyond FOOL! You're a horses a$$!!! We all know they paid excessive amounts of money to their Wrestlers for camps! It was well established in another forum!

They are playing games with eligibility now, and that is what I believe this is!

It is FROM psu that Teasdale left for "health reasons." He officially left Nov.20. He is now back practicing!!! Less then 3 weeks!?!?!?

How is that possible???

That and ONLY THAT is the question that needs to be answered!!!

NO need to go into your BS about other people, programs, coaches, etc..... Not one person has ever seen or heard of a situation like this! YES people have withdraw from school who had SERIOUS enough problems to warrant it. Did they have some kind of miracle recovery and return in less then 3 weeks????

Did they get a waiver like none of it ever happened and we will start all over again?

I know I’m way late to this conversation but here’s what happened to me. And I wasn’t an athlete. I got sick with pneumonia right before I had midterms. Couldn’t go to any of them. Now when I got better in a week or two I could have busted my ass to try to pass the classes, make up work, etc. however I decided the smart decision for my GPA was to medically withdraw for the semester and come back the next.

I’m not saying this is what happened with this kid but to act like OMG it’s impossible to be so sick that you withdraw and come back the 3 weeks later in the next semester is flat out false.

Quality over time, tends to triumph over quantity at any time. Particularly, IMO in a sport with so few scholarships.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
ALABAMA Football has a 90 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET!!! Very tired of the pure stupidity and those who want to turn a blind eye honestly! I am all for take them out and believe we are on the right path. That path becomes a lot harder if their 84 and heavy get 6th years which they should not but would not surprise me. If they do, and Teasdale gets a waiver what do you say then with all your get wisdom?

Blind eye to what. Guilty until proven innocent is an ugliness that is all too typical; it is just another form of bigotry. An unsubstantiated accusation fits. It says more about the accuser than anything.

Merry Christmas to all.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Wow...You want to give the kid Credit for asking for help but when he was flunking all his classes why didn't he ask for help. Oh, you have to go to class first and then ask for help. If he wasn't a top wrestler PS would not allow him back in.....But Cael is a higher pay grade than the president of the school...

Well, Cael does have a better record than PSU's president.

Which reminds me of the 1930 story, when Babe Ruth signed a contract that paid him $80,000 a year. When Ruth was asked if he thought he deserved to be making more money than President Hoover, he said, “'Why not? I had a better year than he did.”

Wager? IF he goes and is an AA I'll donate $50 to the NLWC. If he doesn't $50 to the HWC?

On a side note, you guys got a real good one with RBY. He's gonna be a problem for a lot of guys.

Fair wager, but my level of confidence is not wager level. I think he's got a shot, I'll leave it at that.
Thanks on RBY, the kid is lightning fast and smart. Looking forward to 4 years of watching him on the mat.

Fair wager, but my level of confidence is not wager level. I think he's got a shot, I'll leave it at that.
Thanks on RBY, the kid is lightning fast and smart. Looking forward to 4 years of watching him on the mat.
Good stuff chrissy!

I was at a match tonight with a PSU booster and coach who is connected with West Penn wrestling. He stated that Teasdale spent time in rehab and does not expect him to be wrestling this season. It was not alcohol or partying too much.

Reactions: HawkeyeEmpire
I was at a match tonight with a PSU booster and coach who is connected with West Penn wrestling. He stated that Teasdale spent time in rehab and does not expect him to be wrestling this season. It was not alcohol or partying too much.

This may very well be true. It is possible some unforeseen issues plagued the young man. This could explain the late withdrawal from classes as he may have been fighting to the last possible moment before having to make a choice.

It does raise the question still how he was back very soon after withdrawing from classes? Also why the coach would say he could be ready to go so quickly? You would think a very slow and controlled return to school and Wrestling would be in order.

That being said maybe it is something that no one here has ever seen and the best thing is to get him back going again like falling off a horse. It is still very strange, and why they went public is the most odd thing about it to me!

Good God, do you ever stop popping opinion after opinion when you know nothing of the subject.
You have zero idea what the deal with Teasdale, so can't possibly have anything other than an uninformed opinion.

Cassar has missed two competitive seasons due to two separate shoulder operations and rehabs. Cassar is the definition of a 6th season recipient. Freaking goofball.

Rasheed is a rumor that will have to play out.

Good God, do you ever stop popping opinion after opinion when you know nothing of the subject.
You have zero idea what the deal with Teasdale, so can't possibly have anything other than an uninformed opinion.

Cassar has missed two competitive seasons due to two separate shoulder operations and rehabs. Cassar is the definition of a 6th season recipient. Freaking goofball.

Rasheed is a rumor that will have to play out.

You should become a politician. Just speak half truths, lies, beat around the bush and say whatever it is you like while not sticking to the questions or facts!

1) Lets work backwards here as he throws Rasheed in at the end and says, "we have to see how it plays out" that is ALL you need to see here!!! Well if we can magically get him a 6th year then OK isn't that great? NO it is BS!!!

2) Cassar. Well if he was hurt like you say, when was this? Certainly was not last year? So where was the paper work for a 6th year back when he was injured???? OH thats right, he was on the scrap heap till he miraculously put on that 45 lbs and now is needed again.

3) EVERYTHING I posted about Teasdale is what I read from YOUR Coach & Fun state program! NOTHING more, NOTING less.

Keep telling yourself lies and drink the cool-aid bozack!

LOL, yea that is great info dude! Says and I quote. "Sophomore cassar is out till January with a shoulder injury."

The other funny state fan said he was out two years and had to have 2 separate shoulder surgeries? Hmmm where is that article? I will wait while you find it!!!

Once more if he Wrestled at all during the year, getting injured does not automatically get you a 6th year! I would also ask again. Where was big Keal filing with the NCAA several years ago???

LOL, yea that is great info dude! Says and I quote. "Sophomore cassar is out till January with a shoulder injury."

The other funny state fan said he was out two years and had to have 2 separate shoulder surgeries? Hmmm where is that article? I will wait while you find it!!!

Once more if he Wrestled at all during the year, getting injured does not automatically get you a 6th year! I would also ask again. Where was big Keal filing with the NCAA several years ago???
You do realize HIPAA laws do not allow reporting of injuries unless authorized by the injured party. Funny why you bloviate about someone else's life that doesn't affect you. Yeah, the NCAA just automatically breaks rules for Penn State. He got it injured at junior worlds.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...tlers-registered-for-junior-world-team-trials

Just a guess here..When is the cut off to drop all classes in first semester to not get a failure in the class? Lets just say his (Teasdale) attendance at classes was so bad and that was his problem So he drops all classes says he was sick or what ever and in a few weeks he is fine and his records show nothing. So he enrolls and is really starting all over as far as school work goes yet yes he was in practing room all semester just another sneaking shitting move by the commander in chief just making a guess here..Kid did not like school so baby him like all snowflakes get now days..

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Just a guess here..When is the cut off to drop all classes in first semester to not get a failure in the class? Lets just say his (Teasdale) attendance at classes was so bad and that was his problem So he drops all classes says he was sick or what ever and in a few weeks he is fine and his records show nothing. So he enrolls and is really starting all over as far as school work goes yet yes he was in practing room all semester just another sneaking shitting move by the commander in chief just making a guess here..Kid did not like school so baby him like all snowflakes get now days..

PSU fans have speculated as much on BWI.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
PSU fans have speculated as much on BWI.
Then this is pure bull shit he should be ruled enliegible simple as hell but know it all will do anything to win and the kid will most likely never get a degree but wrestle for 4 years. Way things go now days let hope never a war who the hell gonna fight it for us all the old vets snowflakes will need rehab , counseling etc.

Lol. Speculation about an 18 year old kid. He was not wrestling and was not on campus. But believe a free internet site and a random person. And I'm sure this is what the NCAA will use to evaluate the situation. The BWI board. Lmao. Never get a degree? Now that's just silly. Wrestling graduation rates are near 100%. I'm sure they're fake degrees as well.
Then this is pure bull shit he should be ruled enliegible simple as hell but know it all will do anything to win and the kid will most likely never get a degree but wrestle for 4 years. Way things go now days let hope never a war who the hell gonna fight it for us all the old vets snowflakes will need rehab , counseling etc.

Reactions: lionlover

Long time board follower never posted here but thought maybe I could offer some insight on the Cassar situation. In this interview he speaks on his seperate injuries and at the end of the interview he touches on his surgeries.

Also if you take a quick glance at his wrestlestat page you'll find his RSFrosh year (2016) and what would have been his RSSoph year(2017) he did not compete at all. https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/20299/cassar-anthony/profile

Reactions: Hotshoe
The NCAA posts GSR for each school in each sport. This accounts for their students and also adjusts for transfers
For the last ten years the gsr rates for PSU, IOWA, and tOSU
PSU: 91,85,90,87,73,77,70,86,100
IOW: 63,62,64,70,65,76,79,86,87
tOSU:78,79,86,92,87,80,72,77,67

for Cassar, he was injured during his RS year in the quarterfinals of the world juniors in Aug '15
He had surgery just after that and missed the entire 15/16 season and was not enrolled at school.
He was reinjured during the Jr world team trials in May 2016 when he beat Chip Ness but injury defaulted to Singletary. He had another surgery in July '16 which was described as a more complete surgery (I suspect he had an arthroscopy the first time and a full reconstruction the second) following which he missed all of the 16/17 season.
This would likely qualify as missing two seasons due to injury.
Also, you can't apply for the medical hardship waiver until after the 5 years of eligibility, so that's why no application at this point.

As for Rasheed's situation it's not as cut and dry as Cassar's. By the old parameters for receiving a 6th year waiver, he would not qualify. However, as we all know recently the NCAA has been much more lenient in granting these waivers. Much like Ashnault's situation Rasheed missed one year of competition due to injury, and an even better comparison would be Christian Pagdilao (ASU) as both he and Rasheed wrestled two competition dates early in the season before going down with a season ending injury. Personally I'm all for giving these kids the opportunity to compete and strive to achieve their goals when they have a season cut short due to injury. I fully support the possibility of Kem receiving a 6th year as I'm sure you all do as well.

Reactions: Cementmixer103
Long time board follower never posted here but thought maybe I could offer some insight on the Cassar situation. In this interview he speaks on his seperate injuries and at the end of the interview he touches on his surgeries.

Also if you take a quick glance at his wrestlestat page you'll find his RSFrosh year (2016) and what would have been his RSSoph year(2017) he did not compete at all. https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/20299/cassar-anthony/profile

Here

is a guy who comes on and actually posts some INFORMATION! You have this Hothead guy or whatever he calls himself once again acting like clintons lawyer!!!

"well you do know you can post that according to the......" If the kid was hurt and he wants a 6th year, I believe many will have to know why he should get one wouldn't you think?

Once again though the question remains, why did they not seek one 2 or 3 years ago?

Here

is a guy who comes on and actually posts some INFORMATION! You have this Hothead guy or whatever he calls himself once again acting like clintons lawyer!!!

"well you do know you can post that according to the......" If the kid was hurt and he wants a 6th year, I believe many will have to know why he should get one wouldn't you think?

Once again though the question remains, why did they not seek one 2 or 3 years ago?

Lol You mean Trumps lawyer, no? I’ve been seeing a lot of lawyers for the president in the news recently...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT