ADVERTISEMENT

Texting while driving is SO stupid.

It sounds harsh but if you get nailed texting and driving I think you should lose your license for at least a year. And if you are a teenager that should be at least doubled.

If it's more dangerous than drinking and driving like studies have shown it should be treated as such.

People who text while driving should have their license revoked as if they were drinking and driving.

If you ever notice somebody next to you at a stoplight that is texting, pull forward a little bit like the light turned green. Sometimes the person will instinctively start driving forward without looking and hit the person in front of them. One of my favorite pastimes

People who text while driving should have their license revoked as if they were drinking and driving.

If you ever notice somebody next to you at a stoplight that is texting, pull forward a little bit like the light turned green. Sometimes the person will instinctively start driving forward without looking and hit the person in front of them. One of my favorite pastimes
If I pull up next to or behind someone that is texting I'll lay on the horn until they look up or put the phone down. Typically has the same affect as pulling forward like you do.

Reactions: Bro D
giphy.gif

In the neighborhood where I work, it is illegal to use your phone in any way while driving in a school zone, any time of day. I think the fine starts at $250 and goes up if kids are present. I still see people texting while driving.

Out here in the sticks it doesn't matter, we drive down the center of the road anyway. Once in town, if you don't like our driving then stay off the sidewalks.

In the neighborhood where I work, it is illegal to use your phone in any way while driving in a school zone, any time of day. I think the fine starts at $250 and goes up if kids are present. I still see people texting while driving.
Military bases do not allow you to even talk on your phone while driving (unless hands free of course).

I was screwing around with my phone once about 4 years ago, had 3 beers beforehand, got pulled over because I went on the center line and was speeding, got a sobriety test. I blew half the legal limit, because the 3 beers were spread over 6 hours, but it scared me enough that I've never done it since.

I agree though, the penalty should be stiff. If it were, it would be a deterrent.

I was screwing around with my phone once about 4 years ago, had 3 beers beforehand, got pulled over because I went on the center line and was speeding, got a sobriety test. I blew half the legal limit, because the 3 beers were spread over 6 hours, but it scared me enough that I've never done it since.

I agree though, the penalty should be stiff. If it were, it would be a deterrent.
It takes you 6 hours to drink three beers? Do you need a nipple?

Reactions: The_Joker13
I drink and text while driving. That's OK, right, as one cancels the other out.
I text better when I drink and drive ...

On a serious note: Texting while driving is some serious sh&t. It amazes me the number of people i see on the interstate looking down as they are going 60 mph ... You want to end your own life then have at it ... it's the innocent people I worry about.

Reactions: TunzaHawk
Laws that are applied to everyone the same are dumb. I drive better with my knees while drunk and texting than my wife does stone sober. I should be able to test out of these silly laws meant for old people and a couple other groups that would get me in trouble if I said it out loud, even though everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Because texting in general is stupid. What are you, a teenage girl?

I either post on hrot or play chess. Driving is boring af, gotta pass the time.
Texting and driving is stupid. Texting, however, is a very efficient way to get some things accomplished.

I text better when I drink and drive ...

On a serious note: Texting while driving is some serious sh&t. It amazes me the number of people i see on the interstate looking down as they are going 60 mph ... You want to end your own life then have at it ... it's the innocent people I worry about.

I always say I don't know which is more shocking, how many people can't stay off their cell phones while they're driving, or how many people don't know how to use voice commands. I'm a 60 year old man, and I can make and recieve calls, texts, and emails -- and get directions on my GPS -- without having to touch or look at my phone.

Hard to imagine 20 and 30 year olds can't do this.

What an amateur. Of course you don’t go that long without looking up. You also don’t hold the phone down and away like that, so you cannot see the road out of your peripheral vision. It looks like the guy need some glasses.

I watch a lot of TV and movies on my phone with the sound pumped through my car speakers driving 80 miles an hour down the interstate on long trips.

Last edited:

I always thought that if the Speed cameras were really about safety (and not revenue) as the city says, they would be installed in every school zone....but there is only a short window of revenue time to cash in with that.

Laws that are applied to everyone the same are dumb. I drive better with my knees while drunk and texting than my wife does stone sober. I should be able to test out of these silly laws meant for old people and a couple other groups that would get me in trouble if I said it out loud, even though everyone knows what I'm talking about.
Racist

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT