ADVERTISEMENT

The Democrats voting “uncommitted” in Michigan . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
How dumb are these idiots?

This guy says he won’t vote for Biden in November if he doesn’t change his pro-Israel stance:

Dearborn resident Alwan Thafor, a 34-year-old commercial driver, said he wants to see Biden make more diplomatic efforts to end the war in Gaza. If nothing changes, he said he would likely sit out in November.

“I’m voting uncommitted to send a message to Biden that this should be taken seriously,” Thafor said. “Women and children are being killed for no reason.”

So what does this moron think Trump will do? He will give Netanyahu free rein to carpet bomb Gaza and not think twice about it. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face 🙄

Maybe biden should do something to earn their vote. Are they only idiots in your mind bc they didn't follow your desires in how they voted?

They are idiots because if they choose by their inaction to help the opposition candidate to win than the thing they are most upset at Biden for will get far worse, not better.

If he's worried about the treatment of Palestinians he should be concerned more about how Trump will encourage Israel to treat them.

I’m beginning to think Trump winning is the only way to fix this. Let him come in scorch the country and maybe these idiots finally get some perspective. From the rubble a new and better America will rise or if not we had a good run

Rep Tlaib is right there leading the charge, lol.
Understood. But didn’t mean she is not misguided or wrong. I don’t understand the logic behind the protest.
I understand the tragedy of Palestinian kids being killed… but there is also the tragedy of Hamas bombing/killing Jews, too.
Palestinians are responsible for Hamas as they elected them years ago. Israel is responsible as they have poached and stolen land from Palestinians as they illegally moved into the West Bank.
It’s a damn mess. A “2 state” solution seems to be the best answer but how do we get there from where we are today?

They are idiots because if they choose by their inaction to help the opposition candidate to win than the thing they are most upset at Biden for will get far worse, not better.

If he's worried about the treatment of Palestinians he should be concerned more about how Trump will encourage Israel to treat them.
Can't get much worse than biden.. things were way better under trump lol

I’m beginning to think Trump winning is the only way to fix this. Let him come in scorch the country and maybe these idiots finally get some perspective. From the rubble a new and better America will rise or if not we had a good run
It won't rise in my lifetime if this happens. It will take a LONG time to blow an autocracy.

Understood. But didn’t mean she is not misguided or wrong. I don’t understand the logic behind the protest.
I understand the tragedy of Palestinian kids being killed… but there is also the tragedy of Hamas bombing/killing Jews, too.
Palestinians are responsible for Hamas as they elected them years ago. Israel is responsible as they have poached and stolen land from Palestinians as they illegally moved into the West Bank.
It’s a damn mess. A “2 state” solution seems to be the best answer but how do we get there from where we are today?
Oh brother. 🙃

I don't agree with her vote, but at least Democrats in congress are able to voice their opposition to Biden's policies without fear of retribution. I don't see many Republicans in congress willing to express any kind of opposition to Trump.
Really? You've never seen a single republican say no to trump? Not one? You sure you wanna play this game?

Reactions: ICHerky
Maybe some time soon both parties will wake up and realize better candidates are needed all around in many different races.

Maybe some time soon both parties will wake up and realize better candidates are needed all around in many different races.

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

How dumb are these idiots?

This guy says he won’t vote for Biden in November if he doesn’t change his pro-Israel stance:

Dearborn resident Alwan Thafor, a 34-year-old commercial driver, said he wants to see Biden make more diplomatic efforts to end the war in Gaza. If nothing changes, he said he would likely sit out in November.

“I’m voting uncommitted to send a message to Biden that this should be taken seriously,” Thafor said. “Women and children are being killed for no reason.”

So what does this moron think Trump will do? He will give Netanyahu free rein to carpet bomb Gaza and not think twice about it. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face 🙄
Talib and the Squad are their leaders.

Arab Americans' goal is pretty clear, which is to make sure Biden loses in November.

From CNBC:

For Arab Americans organizing across the country, the message is clear: No cease-fire, no vote.

Khalid Turaani, co-organizer of the Abandon Biden campaign, handed out pamphlets outside the Islamic Center of Detroit telling people to vote “uncommitted” on their ballots, and told the BBC in an interview published Tuesday that his group had made more than 30,000 calls with the same message.

“We’re doing all that we can to ensure that Biden is a one-term president,” Turaani said, according to the U.K. broadcaster. “In November, we will remember. When you stand against the will of the people, you’re going to lose.”

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
This is a December 3 story from Reuters. In the almost 3 months that have passed since this article, thousands more Palestinians have been killed and Gaza has been further flattened by Israeli bombings.

Some excerpts:

Muslim Americans said they did not expect Trump to treat their community any better if reelected but saw denying Biden votes their only means to shape U.S. policy.

It remains to be seen whether Muslim voters would turn against Biden en masse, but small shifts in support could make a difference in states Biden won by narrow margins in 2020.

A recent poll showed Biden's support among Arab Americans has plunged from a comfortable majority in 2020 to 17%.

That could be decisive in a state like Michigan where Biden won by 2.8 percentage points and Arab Americans account for 5 percent of the vote, according to the Arab American Institute.

There are around 25,000 Muslim voters in Wisconsin, a state where Biden won by about 20,000 votes, said Tarek Amin, a doctor representing the state's Muslim community.

"We will change the vote, we will swing it," said Amin.

In Arizona, where Biden won by around 10,500 votes, there are over 25,000 Muslim voters according to the US Immigration Policy Center at the University of California San Diego, said Phoenix pharmacist Hazim Nasaredden.

"We will not stand with a man who has tainted a blue wave with red drops of blood," said Nasaredden.

Last edited:
Please link some examples of Republicans in congress disagreeing publicly with Trump.
I won't link them, off the top of my head Chris Christie and Mitt Romney are two heavy hitter republicans who have openly criticized and disagreed with Trump.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Arab Americans' goal is pretty clear, which is to make sure Biden loses in November.

From CNBC:

For Arab Americans organizing across the country, the message is clear: No cease-fire, no vote.

Khalid Turaani, co-organizer of the Abandon Biden campaign, handed out pamphlets outside the Islamic Center of Detroit telling people to vote “uncommitted” on their ballots, and told the BBC in an interview published Tuesday that his group had made more than 30,000 calls with the same message.

“We’re doing all that we can to ensure that Biden is a one-term president,” Turaani said, according to the U.K. broadcaster. “In November, we will remember. When you stand against the will of the people, you’re going to lose.”

That's insane, it seems extremely counterproductive to their actual goals.

Boy, there sure is a heaping helping of short-sighted stupidity on both sides of the political equation in this country.

Please link some examples of Republicans in congress disagreeing publicly with Trump.
Chris Christie, mitt Romney, Ole cocaine mitch McConnell, Liz cheney, Adam kinzinger (okay, the last two are actually democrats). How many more names do you want? I assure you, I can keep going.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Chris Christie, mitt Romney, Ole cocaine mitch McConnell, Liz cheney, Adam kinzinger (okay, the last two are actually democrats). How many more names do you want? I assure you, I can keep going.
naming a bunch of people who have been essentially excommunicated from the republican party because they disagree with trump isn't making the point you think you're making

every single one of them has been chased out of the party

Christie, Cheney, and Kinzinger are not in congress. Romney is retiring so he doesn't worry about being primaried. I guess McConnell has stood up to Trump occasionally.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Yes, it’s silly to think a majority of American politicians and voters for that matter can think for themselves and do what’s best for our country.
Not surprised you miss the point.

In this case the alternative to the person they are protesting is far more radically anti-Palestine than the person they are protesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT