ADVERTISEMENT

The Elon Musk Twitter shitshow

So not a Russian stooge?

U.S. Justice Department disrupted a Russian government-operated, AI-enhanced social media bot farm

Actions taken:
- Seized two domain names
- Searched 968 social media accounts
- Released joint cybersecurity advisory with international partners
- X Corp. voluntarily suspended identified bot accounts

Bot farm created fictitious profiles, often posing as Americans, to promote Russian objectives

Key figures:
- Individual A: Former RT deputy editor-in-chief, led bot farm development
- Individual B: Executed development, hiding Russian location
- FSB Officer 1: Created private intelligence organization (P.I.O.) to operate bot farm

Operation approved and funded by Russian Presidential Administration (Kremlin)

Spread pro-Russian narratives about Ukraine conflict and geopolitical issues

Used U.S.-based domain names to create email servers for registering fake accounts

Justice Department praised private sector cooperation, especially X Corp.

Via justice.gov/opa/pr/justice…

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

That link gave my phone aids.

this is worse than linking OAN brah. I’m embarrassed for you.

left2.png

What is happening to 𝕏 in Europe is pretty straightforward.

@elonmusk refused to silence accounts that speak against the system. He refused to finance, directly and indirectly, EU organizations such as think tanks, where people close to EU Commission executives are found, and apply special conditions for politicians and political parties on 𝕏. His greatest "sin" is his openly challenging influential people like Thierry Breton.

Time to support @X , usque ad finem!

• Haha
What is happening to 𝕏 in Europe is pretty straightforward.

@elonmusk refused to silence accounts that speak against the system
No

Elno is pulling in cash from Russians and other foreign actors hostile to the West, to spread disinformation and propaganda.
And he doesn't care, because they make his numbers look better, and he gets directly paid by them.

I am embarrassed, alienated, and fearful for the future of Europe.

Thierry Breton, with a background in large French incumbents, joined the EU Commission in 2019 after being nominated by President Emmanuel Macron. Breton's professional career has seen mixed results. He achieved respectable turnover at Thomson, but faced criticism during his tenure at Atos, marked by questionable acquisitions and financial decisions that contributed to the company's significant decline. Politico has referred to him as an industry czar.

As commissioner, he has managed to increase his power and expand his portfolio, becoming a key figure in shaping the EU's digital policy. He oversees the implementation of major regulations such as the Digital Services Act (DSA), the Digital Markets Act (DMA), the Cyber Resilience Act, the Chip Act, and the AI Act.

His recent communication style 👇 is reminiscent of autocratic and authoritative tendencies, and his selfies and posts suggest a narcissistic character. Above all, he is a bureaucrat who prioritizes heavy regulations over liberal markets. His current focus is on controlling US companies rather than helping us close the gap. In five years, the commissioner has failed to build:

- European Cloud Infrastructure
- AI training infrastructure
- A strategy on open-source AI

This is despite the billions invested in initiatives that haven't change the status quo.

Anyone deeply involved in AI understands how data and AI are becoming commodified, meaning value creation will happen elsewhere. The economic dynamics of AI, where the real value may shift towards application layers rather than the underlying models themselves, meaning the AI Act should never touch upon the R&D process, but regulate the application. It's too late to correct this, as the the czar of Brussels raced for being the first one to regulate AI.

How can we stop this person from further damaging our future?

I read the entire article. Thanks for sharing. I don’t necessarily agree with all of their takes or assertions but understand where they are coming from.

Musk’s #1 goal is Mars. Multi-planetary future for humanity.
#2 is a sustainable energy future. That includes mining vast mineral resources for an indefinite period of time before recycling at high scale really has a chance to become economical and practical. There is no way around it. We can either mine and burn fossil fuels indefinitely until they run out or we can accelerate an alternate path to mine, then use, then recycle/reuse those minerals. Take your pick.

• Haha
I read the entire article. Thanks for sharing. I don’t necessarily agree with all of their takes or assertions but understand where they are coming from.

Musk’s #1 goal is Mars. Multi-planetary future for humanity.
#2 is a sustainable energy future. That includes mining vast mineral resources for an indefinite period of time before recycling at high scale really has a chance to become economical and practical. There is no way around it. We can either mine and burn fossil fuels indefinitely until they run out or we can accelerate an alternate path to mine, then use, then recycle/reuse those minerals. Take your pick.
#3 solve the population problem all by himself and various women.

@TC Nole OX

“As a proud European citizen, it pains me to say this, but Thierry Breton's recent statements about the blue checkmarks on 𝕏 are misleading and quite frustrating. Having extensively analyzed public data from Twitter, I can attest that the blue checks were far from the trustworthy symbols Breton claims they were.

The Reality of Blue Checks on Twitter 1.0:
- Spam accounts frequently manipulated Twitter's verification by claiming their account was being impersonated (sometimes by their own alternate accounts) just to obtain the coveted blue check. This tactic was alarmingly common.
- Simply spending money on ads could guarantee a blue checkmark, regardless of the account's authenticity or credibility.
- During my data analysis, I encountered numerous verified accounts that were clearly spam or untrustworthy. The criteria for verification seemed inconsistent at best. Conversely, genuinely trustworthy sources often found it nearly impossible to get verified, despite their credibility and public interest.

The Current State with 𝕏 Premium
- Now, we can be assured that blue check accounts are at least real people. This is particularly crucial in an age where AI can create convincing fake profiles.
- The introduction of ID verification will only enhance this system, ensuring that verified accounts are tied to actual identities.
- The separation of verification colors (blue for individuals, gold for advertisers, and grey for government entities), greatly improves transparency and helps prevent users from being misled.

Regarding the DSA infringement Claims:
Thierry, please take an objective look at X’s Community Notes feature, which effectively combats misinformation. This tool could greatly benefit all social platforms in Europe. In fact, I believe it should be illegal to not have a community notes tool on your social platform.

I urge you to reconsider your stance and withdraw your accusations against 𝕏. Instead, advocate for tools like Community Notes to enhance the fight against misinformation and uphold European values.”

Put yourself in his shoes and consider the alternative. A regime who hates him, promotes his competitors endlessly, who throw frivolous federal lawsuits at him and his companies & waste his time, and are pro-censorship & anti-1st Amendment.

Not much of a decision to make really.
You've twisted yourself into a pretzel defending a domestic terrorist, 34 felonies and counting, liable for rape tax fraud. Well done..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT