ADVERTISEMENT

The Minnesota Miracle

You do not know nearly as much about football as you think you do.

Everything I used as informant are facts, thus they can't be disputed. And of course I know a lot about football, that's generally what happens when you grow up watching every single weekend, play the game for 15 years and coach for a few as well. But enjoy your opinions that no one agrees with.

Everything I used as informant are facts, thus they can't be disputed. And of course I know a lot about football, that's generally what happens when you grow up watching every single weekend, play the game for 15 years and coach for a few as well. But enjoy your opinions that no one agrees with.

You can't have "one of the best rosters" when you have zero (!!!) QB's under contract for next year.

You can't have "one of the best rosters" when you have zero (!!!) QB's under contract for next year.

That's concerning, but sure they can. Just like Jacksonville has probably the best roster in football while having the worst quarterback in football.

Seriously, your talk of the Vikings defense alone shows you clearly-- CLEARLY-- overrate yourself.

Seriously, your talk of the Vikings defense alone shows you clearly-- CLEARLY-- overrate yourself.

The great thing about facts and data is that they're still still right and true, whether you agree with them or not.

The great thing about facts and data is that they're still still right and true, whether you agree with them or not.
Well, as I pointed out before, the 'facts and data' are pretty selectively chosen, and-- please try to follow-- the 'rankings' in each individual stat you have chosen are only in comparison to other teams in a given season so are relative to the overall strength of the league on, say, the defensive side of the ball.

There really is nothing overly special about Minnesota's defense and Sunday should have told you that. I am surprised you continue to talk (so foolishly) about this.

That would be part of it. The other parts would be they won 14 games, and according to all data add statistics they had the best defense in the NFL and a top 10 offense. They were clearly one of the 4 best teams in the NFL according to actual facts. But enjoy having your opinion, you have every right to be wrong.

And of course that doesn't mean anything for next year since it's the NFL and no one knows what's going to happen. But, I'm happy they're pretty obviously one of the best teams in the league with one of the absolute best rosters. No, I don't want Case back on a large long-term contract, I actually understand football and what he is.

I like this guy. I hope you post just like this all next year. I truly enjoy that you believe they have a "top 3 roster" without a QB, considering you are ok walking Case and haven't talked about either of the other two. Hey, its Minnesota, QBs aplenty!

That's concerning, but sure they can. Just like Jacksonville has probably the best roster in football while having the worst quarterback in football.

Whoa whoa whoa. I agree with a lot of what you've said, but that's my quarterback

If I were to rank Bortles among QBs this year, I think it would be somewhere in the teens. He played a lot better this season and played excellent against Pittsburgh and New England.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

But what are they going to do with him and the position for next year, in your opinion?

Agree to disagree, I guess.

But what are they going to do with him and the position for next year, in your opinion?

IMO, really the only QBs I would want to go after are Brees and Cousins. Otherwise I would resign Blake and see what he can do with a healthy Allen Robinson and hopefully they can get a pass catching TE in the draft

Reactions: bojihawk44
I like this guy. I hope you post just like this all next year. I truly enjoy that you believe they have a "top 3 roster" without a QB, considering you are ok walking Case and haven't talked about either of the other two. Hey, its Minnesota, QBs aplenty!
Not to mention the continued talk of how great the defense was even after being shredded by Nick Foles.

Let me say that again:

Nick Foles.

IMO, really the only QBs I would want to go after are Brees and Cousins. Otherwise I would resign Blake and see what he can do with a healthy Allen Robinson and hopefully they can get a pass catching TE in the draft
I think Bortles is already signed isn't he? Isnt it just a matter if they want to move on they need to do it before a guarantee kicks in? If he is a FA, it should be interesting to see how you value the guy, but as it is I believe his contract for next year will pay about $18 mil.

Well, as I pointed out before, the 'facts and data' are pretty selectively chosen, and-- please try to follow-- the 'rankings' in each individual stat you have chosen are only in comparison to other teams in a given season so are relative to the overall strength of the league on, say, the defensive side of the ball.

There really is nothing overly special about Minnesota's defense and Sunday should have told you that. I am surprised you continue to talk (so foolishly) about this.

I can’t answer for him, but your analysis is about as detailed and evidence based as the Alex Jones show. If you’re going to call someone out, at least have relevant facts that apply to the team you’re ripping.

Reactions: HKI
I think Bortles is already signed isn't he? Isnt it just a matter if they want to move on they need to do it before a guarantee kicks in? If he is a FA, it should be interesting to see how you value the guy, but as it is I believe his contract for next year will pay about $18 mil.

Yeah they need to decide before the end of the league year if they want to pick up his $19 mil option for next season. If they don't he will hit free agency. It will be tricky if they let him hit FA and they can't get a QB they want in the off-season

Minnesota Miracle.

Come back with your brilliance, analyze the performance of this Defense vs other historically good defenses, figure out the math with strength of schedules, rule changes, etc. Otherwise you can just admit you were talking shit or trolling.

Don’t forget to account for the NFL adjusting to fully favor offense over the last 5-10 years. When the Vikings have the best 3rd down % since the stat’s inception in ‘91, while leading the league in scoring defense and yards allowed, how is it they don’t compare again?

I have no issue admitting the Vikings pooped the bed Sunday, but I can’t walk away form your insinuation that you had some rational, unbiased thought or understanding of statistics and/or NFL defenses.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Yeah they need to decide before the end of the league year if they want to pick up his $19 mil option for next season. If they don't he will hit free agency. It will be tricky if they let him hit FA and they can't get a QB they want in the off-season

Not to mention it’s a QB depleted league. Tough call for the Jags.

Come back with your brilliance, analyze the performance of this Defense vs other historically good defenses, figure out the math with strength of schedules, rule changes, etc. Otherwise you can just admit you were talking shit or trolling.

Don’t forget to account for the NFL adjusting to fully favor offense over the last 5-10 years. When the Vikings have the best 3rd down % since the stat’s inception in ‘91, while leading the league in scoring defense and yards allowed, how is it they don’t compare again?

I have no issue admitting the Vikings pooped the bed Sunday, but I can’t walk away form your insinuation that you had some rational, unbiased thought or understanding of statistics and/or NFL defenses.

Sure, the Vikings defense is good and was great this year. Now compare it to last year and give your expectations for next. That poster has claimed it is a top-three roster, without their top RB or QB. What changed in the roster to believe that this will just continue next year? 2017-2018 is now over for them, those statistics mean something, but not everything for next year.

Sure, the Vikings defense is good and was great this year. Now compare it to last year and give your expectations for next. That poster has claimed it is a top-three roster, without their top RB or QB. What changed in the roster to believe that this will just continue next year? 2017-2018 is now over for them, those statistics mean something, but not everything for next year.

Dalvin Cook and the QBs are figured into the top 3 roster that I was mentioning earlier, I never said they weren't. You mentioned something about not having Case, Sam or Teddy under contract for next year and I admitted that is a concern, but it's decidedly less of one considering how good the rest of the roster is. Either way, we'll be rolling into next year with at least one of the 3 guys mentioned above and I think that's more than fine. Especially considering they will probably make a few minor upgrades here and there through free agency and the draft.

No disagreement there. I believe they are a top 5 roster (they lose very little in FA), but with all the changes that happen every offseason (including coaches), everyone’s guess for every team, is exactly that...a guess. I was just picking apart @Uwe.Blab specifically.

To prove your point, I thought they were a likely top 3 seed this year, before Bradford got hurt, even though they went 8-8 last year. Surely there are 8-8 teams from this year that are only a player or old injury away from making a good run next year.

Dalvin Cook and the QBs are figured into the top 3 roster that I was mentioning earlier, I never said they weren't. You mentioned something about not having Case, Sam or Teddy under contract for next year and I admitted that is a concern, but it's decidedly less of one considering how good the rest of the roster is. Either way, we'll be rolling into next year with at least one of the 3 guys mentioned above and I think that's more than fine. Especially considering they will probably make a few minor upgrades here and there through free agency and the draft.

No, it was not.

Not really. Even after losing Bradford and Cook they still have a top 3 roster in the NFL. They're just really good and built really well for the immediate future.

And you show your complete fan-itude (which is fine, of course), somehow believing that ANY team in the league will be ok without a QB because the rest of the roster is good. The other thing you are ignoring, is that the Packers will have Rodgers back, and you have to hope (even as an easy assumption) that the Bears continue to be terrible. Yes, you'll be "rolling" in to next year with one of three QBs, but not likely Keenum as you posted you don't want him on a big contract, and that leaves an injured backup (or two) who didn't beat out Keenum.

Lastly, you then assume they will simply upgrade from here-out. You are quite possibly the most blinders-wearing fan I've ever seen. Good for you. I'm still laughing at imagining how anger-sad you must've been this weekend.

Reactions: WisestIowan
No disagreement there. I believe they are a top 5 roster (they lose very little in FA), but with all the changes that happen every offseason (including coaches), everyone’s guess for every team, is exactly that...a guess. I was just picking apart @Uwe.Blab specifically.

To prove your point, I thought they were a likely top 3 seed this year, before Bradford got hurt, even though they went 8-8 last year. Surely there are 8-8 teams from this year that are only a player or old injury away from making a good run next year.

Yes, like the Packers. Which causes huge problems for y'all. They won 7, two losses to the Vikings, one in which they scored no points. I can't imagine any rational fan thinking that this result would repeat with Rodgers back. I think one has to assume they lose Keenum, and will have to choose between Teddy and Bradford, because surely they don't want to repeat their roster spots this year. If they get just one of those QBs they will be backing him up with something worse than they had this year, and can't actually hope to run in to another Keenum-type run to the playoffs. Any NFL team without a QB is a scary prospect, regardless of the rest of the roster. The NFL has proven that time and again.

No, it was not.

And you show your complete fan-itude (which is fine, of course), somehow believing that ANY team in the league will be ok without a QB because the rest of the roster is good. The other thing you are ignoring, is that the Packers will have Rodgers back, and you have to hope (even as an easy assumption) that the Bears continue to be terrible. Yes, you'll be "rolling" in to next year with one of three QBs, but not likely Keenum as you posted you don't want him on a big contract, and that leaves an injured backup (or two) who didn't beat out Keenum.

Lastly, you then assume they will simply upgrade from here-out. You are quite possibly the most blinders-wearing fan I've ever seen. Good for you. I'm still laughing at imagining how anger-sad you must've been this weekend.

Without them playing, but they are still on the roster. I guess the way I said it there doesn't make much sense, but anywho.

And of course I'm worried about Green Bay, solely because of Rodgers. But the rest of their roster is horrendous, so anyone rational would largely favor the Vikings head-to-head when comparing them. I'm confident that with 1 of the 3 QBs returning next year we will be more than fine. But it's the NFL and we're the fvcking Vikings so they could all get busted in some giant cocaine-smuggling ring before next season and it wouldn't surprise me.

Given what we know at this point, though, I'm very confident the Vikings will be good again next year as would any fan or the team or any person who pays attention to the NFL.

A historically good defense doesn't get throttled in the playoffs by a career backup qb.

"When the Vikings have the best 3rd down % since the stat’s inception in ‘91, while leading the league in scoring defense and yards allowed, how is it they don’t compare again"-- this is in comparison to this year's league. It doesn't mean anything, frankly. All you had to do was watch them play, watch any number of "#1" defenses over the years, and realize while they were good they were nothing special. Hell the eagles defense looked about a thousand times better than they did. Care to talk up them since they pounded you?

Reactions: WisestIowan
As a Vikings fan for over 40 years I can promise you one thing.

They will break your Fing heart sooner or later every single year.

Never understood why people have them. I am convinced some of the haters are previous Vikings fans that just couldn’t take it any more.

I am glad you enjoyed your once-a-decade championship game loss.

As a Vikings fan for over 40 years I can promise you one thing.

They will break your Fing heart sooner or later every single year.

Never understood why people have them. I am convinced some of the haters are previous Vikings fans that just couldn’t take it any more.
read some of the idiot posts on this thread and that should tell you.

A historically good defense doesn't get throttled in the playoffs by a career backup qb.

"When the Vikings have the best 3rd down % since the stat’s inception in ‘91, while leading the league in scoring defense and yards allowed, how is it they don’t compare again"-- this is in comparison to this year's league. It doesn't mean anything, frankly. All you had to do was watch them play, watch any number of "#1" defenses over the years, and realize while they were good they were nothing special. Hell the eagles defense looked about a thousand times better than they did. Care to talk up them since they pounded you?

You’re right, the eagles did look good. You still haven’t backed up your claim with anything resembling specific details. You know very little, but that doesn’t matter, because.....

You’re a troll that’s doing the typical 6 month break in period, before unleashing the full stupid. The patterns are incredibly predictable as they have been used countless times. Tell us more about dramatic girlfriend troubles! :rolleyes:

Step your game up...we’ve let you slide too long.

Lol, ok there buddy. Yes, surely you meant that. After they lost, of course. Not before.

What does them losing have to do with having one of the best rosters in the NFL, which they clearly do?

Without them playing, but they are still on the roster. I guess the way I said it there doesn't make much sense, but anywho.

And of course I'm worried about Green Bay, solely because of Rodgers. But the rest of their roster is horrendous, so anyone rational would largely favor the Vikings head-to-head when comparing them. I'm confident that with 1 of the 3 QBs returning next year we will be more than fine. But it's the NFL and we're the fvcking Vikings so they could all get busted in some giant cocaine-smuggling ring before next season and it wouldn't surprise me.

Given what we know at this point, though, I'm very confident the Vikings will be good again next year as would any fan or the team or any person who pays attention to the NFL.

Ok I’m curious so I have to ask. Who are your top 5 NFL rosters, in order?

I am glad you enjoyed your once-a-decade championship game loss.

They've been to 4 NFC Championship games over the last 20 years. Once again, you are ignoring facts and data. This is getting embarrassing for you.

You’re right, the eagles did look good. You still haven’t backed up your claim with anything resembling specific details. You know very little, but that doesn’t matter, because.....

You’re a troll that’s doing the typical 6 month break in period, before unleashing the full stupid. The patterns are incredibly predictable as they have been used countless times. Tell us more about dramatic girlfriend troubles! :rolleyes:

Step your game up...we’ve let you slide too long.
actually you and the other purple clown are the one's making the ludicrous claims here.

the film doesn't lie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT